Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

New Years Resolutions

It is time to talk about the new year's resolution as part of your life planning process.

It is not a bad idea to evaluate your performance and progress of the past year and plan for the coming year.

A good friend of mine was suggesting that when we are talking about resolution we overlook the basic good things we have like health and so on but i don't think that is the case. Some things are not meant for planning and being healthy is a good thing yet you cannot include into your planning for the fact that it is not in your hand, you simply need to thank Allah for such things.

Now, what is your personal overview of the last year and the planning for this new year ??

I had a party of 3 last night at my house with two close friends. Half an hour before mid-nite, we all wrote our new year resolutions and then read them to each other. Then we traded papers so we could ask each other throughout the year if we managed to live upto any!

I cant share them all here as some are family & personal, but there are a few I can share:

1. Manage finances better and get acquinted with something called a Saving Account.

2. Finish Diploma in Business Analysis (this is a course that comprises of 4 modules and an oral examination - I finished one module and passed the exam, and I just need to take the time to do the rest).

3. Make a conscious effort to be a better practicing Muslim and attend some of those million talks and seminars I get invited to regularly (by my really nice and well meaning cousin and friends).

4. Visit Australia and NZ!! I've visited all 4 other continents, and I simply must do Australasia, so I can brag about being on all continents!

5. Have TWO long weekends away in a sunny place – Spain and Egypt/Morocco.

roobleh   

Mine is:

1. To visit London where they still cannot manage to mix "hot n cold" water to have a decent shower, may be soon! And to visit historical places there such as the Greenwich, BBC, and National Maritime Museum when not chewing.

2. To finish MS degree which I completed half of it earlier but neglected lately cause of work.

3. To reduce shisha-time to during the weekends only.

The rest, I will share later!

When a year ends, we begin planning what we will do for the following, instead of spending time and reflecting on what we have done...New year resolution, I believe personally, limit us and what one can accomplish in 365 days...So when people come to the end of the year, they are depressed, because they say oh I didn't do this or that, and not take the time to see what they actually gained and be grateful...Health might not be a resolution but we all know without us being healthy beings we wouldn't able to pursue those few goals of the new year.

This year no resolution for me, but I am definitely going into the new year, with probably the most positive attitude I can remember...And that is good enough for me.

bee bye and happy new year

Kool_Kat   

My resolution this year:

1. Inaan cibaadeysto oona towbad keeno

2. Finish school in Feb.

3. Find a job in my field and not settle for anything less

4. Travel to Europe and/or Disney

5. Familyka inaan badiyo insha'allah

Hoping to do 4 or 5 which ever comes first

Kool_Kat   

^Hal? Meesha fuundo majoogtee day...Sheeko, ana sidii express bus baan waxaan rabaa labo labo iyo sadex sadex inaa udhalo...Insha'allah ilaahay intuu isiiyo waa iska rabaa, meesha da'na weysocotaayee... :D

Maya anigu waxaan ka waramayaa 2009 ka ,,,hal sano waaye nooh ,, halkaas sano hal lee keeni kartaa sida caadiga ah ,, :D

We will discuss about the 2010 at the end of the 2009 IA ,,,,

Salma   

Unfortunately, no solution for implementing the resolution smile.gif

My resolution for 2009: To do 2008's resolution

Tacabon kulaha al 7ayaat