Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Dealing with the reality of the deadly virus in SL.

Somalia 's breakaway region of Somaliland has intensified efforts to halt the spread of the HIV/AIDS virus, whose prevalence has steadly risen there over the last six years, said the United Nations.

Authorities in the northwestern region last week launched a National AIDS Commission to fight the deadly virus as well as offer treatment, care and support of those infected and affected, the UN humanitarian office for Somalia said in a statement on Monday.

The commission will be a partnership between the public and private sectors, which will work to brake the spread of the virus in the region that unilaterally declared independence in 1991 when Somali dictator Mohammed Siad Barre was toppled. Read on.

There is a cure for everything :D ! This makes me wonder of the hadith about HABAT SOUDA or BLACK SEED. The Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) stated in a hadith (I cannot recall) that black seed oil cures every illness except death. Hmm by the power of ALLAH habat souda can be the cure for many uncurable diseases in the world.

If you have the full hadith inshallah post it or inform me JZK

0.9%-1.4% is a very high number. It is about time they get really serious and tell the nomads that this is not just a KAAFIR disease but it affects regardless of ones' religion.

What I think would really help fight the spread of this disease, is for one the ulimah and elders and womens' orgranisation to mobilise and spread the word. Also, they should introduce mandatory HIV/AIDS tests before a marriage goes ahead.

The problem is that Ethiopia and Djibouti and possibily Kenya neighboring countries have such a high number of infected people. And Somali people specialy Somali men travel to these countries and some small number of them return with the virus which (unknowingly "perhaps") they then spread it by marriage.

So, in reality the spread of AIDS in the somali territories is due to mostly marriage, and it can be seriously wounded if they introduce mandatory HIV/AIDS tests.

Sky   

^^ I disagree. Its mainly, because of the influx of Ethiopians into Somali urban centres.

But I agree having countries with high HIV-infected rates, such as Ethiopia, Kenya and Djibouti as our neighbours, we can conclude that Somalia is in danger either way.

Castro   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

What I think would really help fight the spread of this disease, is for one the ulimah and elders and womens' orgranisation to mobilise and spread the word. Also, they should introduce mandatory HIV/AIDS tests before a marriage goes ahead.

Suldaanka, in all the years I've attended a khutba, I've never heard the words HIV/AIDS come out of the mouth of an imaam. And HIV has been around at least 20 years.

AdivA   

Salam,

"HIV is the one disease that human begins will never find a cure for. It's a form of punishment for the sinner's."

This is a very ignorant comment. There are women who contract HIV through promiscuous husbands. And there is a cure for this virus. Pharmaceutical companies aren't obviously going to start losing income releasing it. But that's a conspiracy theory that I certainly believe in.

Peace ;)

Its mainly, because of the influx of Ethiopians into Somali urban centres.

You are absulately right. That could be one of the major contributors to the increase of HIV/AIDS cases.

But still the main culprit is marriage when it comes to inter Somali transmission.

Suldaanka, in all the years I've attended a khutba, I've never heard the words HIV/AIDS come out of the mouth of an imaam. And HIV has been around at least 20 years

Me neither.