Deeq A.

Biixi angrily lashes out at Federal government in Mogadishu. Says Somaliland will resist better than Eritrea

Holac   

@OodweyneI have an open bet with you about Somaliland and its future. Previously I argued that the sacred union where Somaliland leads the rest is the only way out of this unproductive quagmire. You being the hardcore secessionist you profess to be, you disagreed with me, off course. Fast forward to today's events, it is an undeniable fact that Somaliland's back is against the wall as it slowly isolates itself and adjusts to new realities and new alliances.  

What is your philosophical take on this? I would love to hear Galbeedi's take on this as well. 

galbeedi   

Holac,

Those of us who follow events in the region knew long time ago the involvement of Ethiopia in the dismemberment of Somalia. An Ethiopian general was present in Burco in 1991 when Somaliland declared the secession, and he advised to make a solemn declaration.

We also knew that the dysfunction and instability of the south was the main symptoms and causes encouraging the separation. If the south settles down , things will be very different regardless of who is in charge of Somaliland.

It is true that things look tough for Somaliland in terms of diplomatic cover from Ethiopia and the UN.  Yet, these are short term victories for Farmaajo that might not change much on the issue of the restoration of the state. 

The regional governments and Somaliland might be isolated diplomatically  at the moment,  yet what counts at end is the reality on the ground. In the nineties and early 2000, Somaliland didn't even control Sool and the eastern region, and except Puntland there were no functioning regional governments, yet the Somali government of Carta could not even pass a Hotel in Mogadishu.

I have a big news to share with you guys about Farmaajo and his plans in Somalia, and will share with Solers and Somalis as soon as I verify some details. Neither Ethiopia nor Eritrea will save Farmaajo from the Somali quagmire unless he does the real heavy lifting which he is not capable of doing at the moment. 

As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. In fact, we might go back to 2007.

Abdul   

Who was incharge of Ethiopia in 1991 when this general was present in Burco?We all know around that time period,that country was also in turmoil.

gooni   

Odwyne iyo biixi waa isku hadal wax farqi ah uma dhexeeyo.

Dad baa god lagu shubay oo la gubay, umamulaa la dooxay, caruur baa guri dheer lagasoo tuuray, waligeen iloobi mayno.

Kalmadahaas waxay lasoo baxaan markay doonayaan inay naarta furaheeda qaataan, dad sii raacana helaan.

Farmaajo waa waajib saaran inuu ilaaliyo wadanka iyo dadka soomaaliyeed dhamaan, intii tabartiis ah, dagaalkiisuna waa qallin, xabad lama jecla shacabkiisa.

Birta,waa la kululeeyaa intaa la balaarin waa kululayntii waxa uu Mr.biixi ka cabaadayo, balse wuxuusan ogayn in shacabka soomaaliyeed ku daaleen kala qoqob iyo kala fogayn oo ay noqdeen dad is jecel oo soo fahmaya midnimada quruxdeeda.

Farmaajo nin  gacmaha waxugu jiraanbamaha maxaad kahadalhaysa and ina biixi is  right Somaliland is stronger than ever and by Allah's will we shall  defeat the enemies of our country just like in the 1980s.  It's very strange people in th south have hope for the old cancerous union which destroyed both of our lands. And wish to fight for such goals. It will never happen. Waxakadhow falastiin ooh diintya Yahuuda qaata. Ama basharalassad oo sucuudi  iyo maraykan isu dhiiba.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, galbeedi said:

I have a big news to share with you guys about Farmaajo and his plans in Somalia, and will share with Solers and Somalis as soon as I verify some details. Neither Ethiopia nor Eritrea will save Farmaajo from the Somali quagmire unless he does the real heavy lifting which he is not capable of doing at the moment. 

As they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. In fact, we might go back to 2007.

It seems to me sometimes we celebrate too early, we celebrate too much and we celebrate too long for trivial things. I guess its the face book era.

If Kililka is any indication, so far every activity that has been done is negative. The education system and the media that was 100% Somali, that many Ethiopians of the unitary system were openly complaining that the Somali region is becoming country within a country, only the name is Ethiopian Somali, but everything else is just Somali.

The new guy has stated that he will change what was done last 20 years and teach Somali that the Amxara are his brothers. He is blaming Iley and others for not teaching the Somali and not showing Ethiopian shows in the TV etc.

No body seems to going to correct mistakes and egregious acts from Iley, but the good things he did as Somali are the target.

Slogans don't mean anything, especially these democracy, human rights, rule of law...etc. Even America is using it less and less now, it has become counter productive.

If Farmaajo is thinking Isayas or Abiy can teach him how to stay in power and how to grab power by globalism or regional alliance...all empty words....he should never forget the tribe wins.

I was listening to interview Spanish foreign minister did. His point was UK might break apart with Brexit problems. Both Scotland and Wales don't care and England is so afraid a state of emergency being contemplated and deploying army.

That is the British empire of last century. The moment Farmaajo copies Isayas, that is the end of him. The nomad is a different breed. Ethiopia has everything farmer, nomad, city...all are powerful and balanced.

8 minutes ago, Old_Observer said:

It seems to me sometimes we celebrate too early, we celebrate too much and we celebrate too long for trivial things. I guess its the face book era.

If Kililka is any indication, so far every activity that has been done is negative. The education system and the media that was 100% Somali, that many Ethiopians of the unitary system were openly complaining that the Somali region is becoming country within a country, only the name is Ethiopian Somali, but everything else is just Somali.

The new guy has stated that he will change what was done last 20 years and teach Somali that the Amxara are his brothers. He is blaming Iley and others for not teaching the Somali and not showing Ethiopian shows in the TV etc.

No body seems to going to correct mistakes and egregious acts from Iley, but the good things he did as Somali are the target.

Slogans don't mean anything, especially these democracy, human rights, rule of law...etc. Even America is using it less and less now, it has become counter productive.

If Farmaajo is thinking Isayas or Abiy can teach him how to stay in power and how to grab power by globalism or regional alliance...all empty words....he should never forget the tribe wins.

I was listening to interview Spanish foreign minister did. His point was UK might break apart with Brexit problems. Both Scotland and Wales don't care and England is so afraid a state of emergency being contemplated and deploying army.

That is the British empire of last century. The moment Farmaajo copies Isayas, that is the end of him. The nomad is a different breed. Ethiopia has everything farmer, nomad, city...all are powerful and balanced.

Oh, Eebboow. The revisionist history before on our eyes. War Tigreygaan inaa xalay dhalanay muu na moodaa when he is praising Ileey being a pro-Soomaali? What a joke. Tell those unwanted jokes the detained Tigrey losers in jail along with their biggest stooge, Ileey.

3 minutes ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Oh, Eebboow. The revisionist history before on our eyes. War Tigreygaan inaa xalay dhalanay muu na moodaa when he is praising Ileey being a pro-Soomaali? What a joke. Tell those unwanted jokes the detained Tigrey losers in jail along with their biggest stooge, Ileey.

MMA,

Slogans, no matter how good or great sounding, don't make a country. Real work does. What you are missing is the Tigray or Somali have now foundation and good or bad self government. They will not go back to unitary system in Ethiopia short of breaking the country apart.

gooni   

Ducaale walaal reerkaan ka dhashay oo aan u hadli karo hadday i doortaan waa ilaa 45 qof qiyaastii wax dambi oo ay galeena ma maqlin.

Haddaad ula jeedo qabiilka farmaajo aniga iyo farmaajo isku qabiil ma nihin

Beesha aad i malaynayso waxaan u malaynayaa inay kalasoo dhex baxday taageeradayda farmaajo iyo siyaad barre iwm, balse sidaad moodayso ma'ahan xaalku.

Aan isku dayo bal inaan ka jawaabo su'aasha aad ku sheegtay inay qalbigaaga kasoo go'day.

Beeshaan aad tuhmayso waad ku saxan tahay siyaasiyiintoodu waa kuwii bilaabay inay amxaar kusoo hogaamiyaan dalkooda, ilaa iyo haddana nooga turjuma luuqadooda.

Waxaa ku xigay snm oo guryahooda seexiyay jacaylkay u qabaan dartiis farmaajana colaad ugu qaaday in itoobiya looga yeeri waayo.

Waxaa ku xigay usc oo ahayd min-yaradii ugu dambaysay oo meher badan dalkeeda $ kaga dalbatay.

Ilaa iyo hadda waxa laysku haysto waa maxaan nalooga dheereeyay itoobiyadii aan waligeen u adeegaynay.

Soo sidaa ma'ahan huuno?