Sign in to follow this  
ElPunto

Bad Customer Service in Britain????

Jacpher   

Keep’em under the dirin. Cool idea. Make sure your security system is up to date though.

Do people stay with those banks? Corporate America teaches its employee that customers are always right.

Reminds me of a job I used to have a long time ago. I was trained to avoid saying ‘no’ to the customer.

Sayyid   

I don't need an account. I am always paid in cash or check!

Also I don't hide my money, it's always in my side pockets of my trousers.

I don't mind either if I've £400 or £600 in my pockets but sometimes I only keep a couple hundred Sterling pounds in my pockets.

Luckily I was never robbed and I don't fear anyone. Sometimes the money sticks out of my side pockets but I don't mind if people give me weird looks.

I am a walking bank and atm machine and I am well proud!

Jamilah   

It took me the better part of three and a half weeks to establish my bank account

Wow, that really is primitive. How can opening an account take weeks?, seriously that is absurd. Well, I am just glad things are not like that here in Australia. I mean I opened account yesterday, I don’t even understand how it can take 2 hours. They certainly may not be the biggest but they are efficient and that suits me just fine. As for the service I was chatting happily to the teller who happened to have a niece and a nephew studying Law in the university I am going to commence studying in a about a weeks time.

Don’t envy me just move to Australia there is plenty of room :D

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Jamilah:

Don’t envy me just move to Australia there is plenty of room
:D

I would but I am afraid that I will be attacked by racist hooligans on the beach - I'd rather remain in cold but safe Canada!

nafta   

Barclays is absolutely Sh*t...it took me six months to open an account with them. Six months...4 years on I still bank with them, simply because of the fact that none of the other banks are any better. They all have a poor standard of customer service, it takes ages to sort out your finances and they do nothing to repay your loyalty.

BTW, this is for the Barclays account holders; do large amounts of money appear in your account sometimes (other than you're weekly/monthly paycheck) and dissappear just as fast? This has happened to me several times and made me come to the conclusion that perhaps they're using my account to traffick money into different accounts....maybe I'm being too paranoid.

Anyone?

DraGon   

Bank teller???

Whats that???

I do all my banking online, I get my pay direct deposit, pay my bills online and if I need cash I use ATM'S or credit cards.

Jamilah   

I would but I am afraid that I will be attacked by racist hooligans on the beach - I'd rather remain in cold but safe Canada!

ThePoint,

LOL smile.gif Don’t let the prospect of being abused by a couple of white supremacist influence your decision.

BTW, this is for the Barclays account holders; do large amounts of money appear in your account sometimes (other than you're weekly/monthly paycheck) and dissappear just as fast? This has happened to me several times and made me come to the conclusion that perhaps they're using my account to traffick money into different accounts....maybe I'm being too paranoid.

lmaoooooooo, you are very funny nafta. You definitely seem like you are paranoid, but I don't understand why you would question it. What you ought to be doing is checking your balance daily, that way if you see those large transactions, just take it out as quickly as they put it in. Who is going to prosecute you for taking money off your own account? Who is going to hold you accountable?

I am still laughing at your post as I type this.

PS:BORN Friday, I am sure you feel insulted, but MR is a save bet, half of these weirdoes are men, I figured you weren't any different, in any case, I don't need to know that. Getting back to your earlier post, you said thats a very typical american thing or something to that like, meaning it could be interpreted both ways. Either you were confused and corrected yourself after I have pointed out the obvious, or you really did understand it and you just were commenting on the american side of things, either way, I don't care to know.

Cara.   

Originally posted by DraGon:

Bank teller???

Whats that???

I do all my banking online, I get my pay direct deposit, pay my bills online and if I need cash I use ATM'S or credit cards.

I was thinking the same thing, except I don't even use ATMs all that often (the local xawalad even takes credit cards!).

I can't remember the last time I actually walked in to a bank. What if there's a hold-up? Or worse, a queue!?

Who cares about Britian? The worst customer service I've seen is at Tim Horton's. Do you know how long I have to stand in line just to get my iced cappuccino and lemon-cranberry muffin? :( Torturous really.

Katrina   

^It's a conspiracy! They're sick of sugar hoarding folks who never leave (might as well work there) and scare away paying customers...oops I meant StarBucks.

FEMME, the temperature is -14, and you are talking about ice-capp, is there something wrong with that picture?

LOL@cranberry muffin. I hope you are not one of those customers who come in line and ask to have their muffin with butter in the middle, and then their lazy behind tells u to put it at the microwave for 30secs. After all of that, you still expect a superb custmer service? HELL nah, and I am speaking from experience. My summer before I turned 17 is when I started to work there, and I quit after 8+months,loved abusing customers. I especially hated fat pple in the drive-thru who except you to have their 20plus items they requested ready by the time they reach the window, yet they themselves fail to come out of the car and walk through the front and order like a normal human being. Imagine, fat individual coming at you in drive-thru and asking you why you failed to do as told, I mean, if thats not asking for it, I don't know how to give it. I loved those customers to bits because that meant time for LayZieG to start having her fun with the orders. Add 6, 7 teaspoon of sugar, instead of 2, get chocolate donut instead of boston cream, make the coffee with extra, extra cream, instead of milk, etc.

Katrina,

Starbucks. Damn the addictive joint. I hate coffee so I'd get those 5 buck blended cremes. I'd feel guilt in my stomach with every slurp of that sugary, cold, yummy drink...*eyes glaze over*

Layzie,

Poor you. It's pretty warm up here in BC. Besides the store is heated up full blast. Your practically swimming in your sweat if your there for more than ten minutes.

Damn I wasn't aware I could ask for that! Thanks for letting me know. I'm usually enraged by the time I'm at the front of the line so I hurry up, order and get out of there. How come you left and they didn't fire you? Have you been using the race card girlie? :D

I left because of school. They actually promoted me to a weekend supervisor prior to my departure. In any case FF, I didn't play the race card, I WAS THE RACE CARD. I was the only black female, therefore I was advising a-rate customers if they have issues with me, they should take up with my manager and I was reminding them to mention the only black girl, since it wouldn't be too difficult for the manager to know which employee. Oddly enough, I never had my manager come to me and discuss my bad behaviour, so I went with it, LOL. I never cussed anyone out, but I did use to show them where the door was if they weren't satisfied with the service they were getting and that pretty much makes any customer lose their mind & temper.