Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Help, My hair is falling out!!

Modesty   

Ok, for the past couple of weeks, my hair has been shedding so much. Every time I comb my hair, large chunks start coming off. I don't know if the stress in my life, I try to add protein in my diet, but nothing seems to be working. I'm scared I might become baaaaaaaaaald! What should I do?

Janna   

Modesty,

I would have suggested vegetable oil :D However a better advice and link was given.

king_450   

Modesty first of all all these suggestion are ok but not gr8. my suggestion to you is this,health wise you need to do two things quickly see your doctor immediately and have a "Thyroid Test" secondly it could also be slightly little be too much hormone which sometimes causes human hair to shed. So check and if everything comes back ok then do every other advice if you wish, take care and good luck

Salaamz sista,

I know all about hair loss. My hair falls out every time I put a brush through it and I have to avoid using other peoples brushes out of sheer embarrassment. I have pretty soft hair so I’m for ever complaining of lack of volume. But now a days I’m doing some little things to try and improve my big problems. Instead of using oil in my hair I use leave in conditioners, I find them lighter on my hair and doesn’t leave it oily its very refreshing. A good shampoo is important, I’m a Garnier Fructis girl and I love it. I’m pretty lazy as well so I’m not one to go out of my way so I use nafaqo whilst in the shower. I massage it in, tie it in a bun and continue with my shower. At the end I just rinse it out. Since then my hairdresser loves my hair. She says its full of volume and most importantly its healthy. I use Schwarzkopf hair products for stuff like leave in conditioner and quick nafaqo fixes. These are what helps me. But everyones different, I have a friend who has amazing hair and she uses the Panteen range which works wonders for her. Anyway that’s my 2cents worth. Oh and one more thing a great thing is if you guys have ladies swimming sessions where you live, go in the steamroom with some nafaqo in your hair, sometimes they don't let you but you can always sneak it in ;) or if you have time put some nafaqo in your hair and wrap it up with glade wrap then blow dry for a while. Hope this is of some help. Good luck sweety, may you never lose your hair again lol.

p.s. normal to shed about 100 hair strands a day, so don't stress out too much.

Wasalaam.

Pacifist   

First of all stop using different kinds of products on your hair. Stick to one, if you relax your hair,,,maybe that is a big part stop doing it. Also consult your doctor you might need to change your diet. Also stress does that. My doctor recommended Vitamin A pills.

Good luck