Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

NewYorkers against Mosque built at Ground Zero

What you mean more hate? Do you believe mosques in other parts of the city or country incite enough or acceptable hate and this particular one will incite more hatred? What do you know about the people planning this one to reach this conclusion?

Mosques are buildings like Churches, Synagogues and Temples. They are all built for the same purpose and the same people. People of faith use these buildings for worship. Not much difference except each adhere to different faith. One doesn't incite hate more than the other. One is not holier or acceptable than another religious institution in terms of the laws of the land at least from what I know. So I don't know how you can draw the analysis that a mosque in New York or else where is going to incite more hatred unless you believe mosques promote hate and intolerance. Would you also object other religious buildings anywhere near this place? Stop watching Fox News.

:rolleyes: Waxba ha is qalajinin. Re-read what I wrote. There is no analysis. And I dont watch Fox. And yes, I would object to any other religious building on or near Ground Zero. Now, take a chill pill.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

Blessed fine, establishing the prayer is all well and fine, but if it is just for that, then there is no need to plant it in a controversial area, it could be anywhere and I will only half object. BUT considering where it is being built, it needs to provide great service and answers to both Muslims and others who will either be drawn to it for one reason or another, and be able to defend itself from abuse and attack which it will get. It is only worth building if it will help the community provide answers or use it as platform or something. Otherwise is it really worth all the hostility and backlash Muslims will get? Can it even survive (assuming it goes ahead) if it is just a prayer hall/ mosque, without a structure, plan and purpose to sustain itself as the platform for the community and the pillar which supports it.

The questions are:

Is there an urgent need?

Does it have to be anywhere near that area?

Since it is going to create controversy, is it worth the effort?

I believe the answers to this are all obvious and that you are being confrontational in supporting a mosque there.

I do not trust the people who thought up the idea and think they're either naive (which I hope they are) or they have some sort of hidden agenda. It may be a mosque but the whole thing stinks either way.

P.S.

Sherban, stop being too sensetive about the use of West/Gaalo warya. :D

Blessed   

Ibts.

TBH, I don't really care about this project, I just wanted to point out that the sensationalist headlines are misleading. What I objected to is your general statement about hating masjids that are only for prayer-- read what the Quran says about Masjids. It's purely for the sake of worshipping Allah and establishing salah and everything else is an added bonus. You seem to think it's useless without other initiatives.

Jacpher   

Waxba ha is qalajinin. Re-read what I wrote. There is no analysis. And I dont watch Fox. And yes, I would object to any other religious building on or near Ground Zero. Now, take a chill pill.

You get mad at me for pointing out your prejudiced view against this mosque to 'incite more hate'. You could disagree as others did without judging the mosque to incite more hate. How could a mosque that isn't built yet is gonna 'incite more hate'?

Don't be so judgmental next time.

Haatu   

If they know this is going to cause troubles for the Muslim community and the future mosque. Let them build it somewhere else. Allah's land is plentiful. There's no need to trouble ourselves when we can live in peace.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

P.S.

Sherban, stop being too sensetive about the use of West/Gaalo warya.
:D

LOL! I'm not sensitive about being called a "gaal", I never once reacted negatively to being called that. After all, I am Shabeel, the gaal with the caano geel.

I just think this East/West concept is BS, not in the least because I belong to neither side.

You get mad at me for pointing out your prejudiced view against this mosque to 'incite more hate'. You could disagree as others did without judging the mosque to incite more hate. How could a mosque that isn't built yet is gonna 'incite more hate'?

Don't be so judgmental next time.

Listen, this is what I wrote:

No I wont. I dont think in abstract. Realistically, it will incite hate crimes simply because the people who lost their loved ones will not bear to see a mosque anywhere around there. So I say, find another freaking space and leave ground zero alone.

I stand by this statement. This Project will incite more hate because Ground Zero is an emotional place. It is also a memorial ground for those who lost their lives. It is outrageous to think that a Mosque of such magnititude will be built so close to a place where MUSLIMS crashed into planes. It is in the media already gathering up storms.They should find another space and leave Ground Zero neighborhood a lone. I never stated that I think Mosques incite hate or intolerance, that was your own flawed thinking. Now stop judging me for my darn opinion :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for many right wing neocons and some ignorant rednecks for them Islam is synonymous with terrorism. Having said that this is quite sensitive issue at this time and also quite understandable if NewYorkers are against this mosque built at ground zero even though some ppl here say its not at ground zero. Patient, good diplomacy and money all these things together can turn around things quickly.

N.O.R.F   

You've all jumped on a bandwagon.

Permission has been given for the mosque to be built by the New York authorities (who have a better grasp of the situation and its pros and cons than any of us).

The 'controversy' is exaggerated. After 3 days it's already forgotten about. The mosque will be built and there will be more 'controversy' on it's opening day only to be forgotten about a few days later.

From what the Imam said, a mosque is needed in that part of Manhattan. People have contributed and want a mosque near where they live and work. We should be giving them the benefit of doubt and hope it transforms US public opinion when built.

a terrorist target, and insensitive at best, muslims should stay clear of building anything any where near that place... is like blowing shit up and then putting your flag there, no wait, thats exactly what it will look like...

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norfsky:

You've all jumped on a bandwagon.

Permission has been given for the mosque to be built by the New York authorities (who have a better grasp of the situation and its pros and cons than any of us).

The 'controversy' is exaggerated. After 3 days it's already forgotten about. The mosque will be built and there will be more 'controversy' on it's opening day only to be forgotten about a few days later.

From what the Imam said, a mosque is needed in that part of Manhattan. People have contributed and want a mosque near where they live and work. We should be giving them the benefit of doubt and hope it transforms US public opinion when built.

Makes no difference really. :D