Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Beauty Queens outside, and Slobs inside?

In the West women dress with looks to kill outside the home and save the sweats and t-shirts for inside. Most women will look very beautiful while going outside of the house, but look like a slob inside the house.

The one of them spends at least an hour taking a shower in the morning, putting on makeup, fixing her hair, and making sure she will look snazzy and smell pleasant when she steps out the door.

When this sweetly scented woman steps back in the door, off goes the mini skirt and tight sporty jacket. The make-up is removed and on goes the sweats. When the husband steps in the door he is greeted with complaints and gets to fix his eyes on raggedy clothes and a tired worn out face.

What husband wants to come home to this scenario when he can stay outside and look at thousands of beautiful women that are flaunting their goods.

Some Muslim women have fallen into the same habit the non-Muslim women make. How long do they take to make sure they have the perfect colored scarf to match with the pink furry sweater they may wear that day. How often have they found themselves trying to find the perfect pumps to wear with that new jilbab? How many times have we seen a Muslim woman with perfectly plucked eyebrows and beautiful bright red lipstick with her hijab accenting her face?

Why is it we see our Muslim sister hurrying to get home from a gathering with her friends, her husband following shortly behind. Dinner is not ready, and jeans and t-shirt lie beneath the jilbab to greet her tired husband. The kids are filthy and have not had a nap. What does she say, but Oh, honey I'm sorry I talked too long, I guess tuna fish sandwiches and Campbell's soup will have to do for now.

Why is it dear sister, that you do not try hard to enchant your husband and catch his eye. All it takes is coming home a few hours earlier and preparing the house and putting on some nice clothes. Why not spray a little perfume and dab on a little makeup. Why not make sure there is dinner prepared or something is in the oven which will be ready shortly after your husband arrives? Why is it dear sister, you greet your husband with kitchen clothes and worn out eyes?

Next time, try a little surprise. Make your husband light up when he walks in the door. Wear something nice to catch his eye and say something nice to soften his heart. Make sure your house is clean and your children neat and appealing.

Why not dear sister, work hard to captivate him, as Allah knows best he works his hardest to take care of you.

source

Discuss.

Originally posted by Shabanu:

Why not dear sister, work hard to captivate him, as Allah knows best he works his hardest to take care of you.

Nothing better in this world than a "poius wife", that is for someone who want to be happy and content, because the good Muslimah or Muminah, she looks things positively through the Prophets sayings and Sunan, not through Oprah winfrey programmes, she knows her role as good mother and good wife and taking care of her husband, in return it's hardly he mis-treat her, unless he's a jakass.

Modesty   

I knew a guy would eventually post this topic. Yes, I know many married women, when they go outside they look masha'Allah. When they are at home, she is wearing a wrinkled baati with suugo stains, and her house is there. Most somali women don't take care of their bodies as well, carbs are not your friends. :D But, who am I to judge? Maybe they have certain circumstances for appearing that way.

Originally posted by Shabanu:

Discuss.

In a minute. Before I get to it, who the fudging hell are you?

I got tailor-made responses handy, gotta know your old monicker.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I knew a guy would eventually post this topic.

Isn't that Shabanu character the artist formerly known as Warsan? She's a woman, you know....anyways, good topic. It's the truth, whether you like to hear it or not.

Khayr   

Originally posted by MC Xamar:

quote:Originally posted by Modesty:

I knew a guy would eventually post this topic.

Isn't that Shabanu character the artist formerly known as Warsan? She's a woman, you know....anyways, good topic. It's the truth, whether you like to hear it or not.
Who also happens to be the artist formerly known as Femme Fatale who was the artist formerly known as Shabella. (Girl got more name changes then Sean 'Diddy' Combs) :D

But to the article,

All I can say is-Ameen, preach on sista :cool:

This is where in Polygamy can be seen as being beneficial.

Appreciate don't depreciate each other.

with all due respect, let me just start of with the Somali maah maah... "Habar fadhida lagdin la fududaa" ......being a housewife is HARD WORK..i always use to clown my sister n' say.."puhleez udont do anything all day" but i took over her household for a few dayz and i was dead tired...more exhaustin than workin 16 hours overnite...with the kids, the house n' not to mention the lil things that come up...itz just EXHAUSTIN..

all in all..i REALLY HONESTLY believe (not to point fingers) that if the men helped around just a tad bit more...that this infamous baati wit the suugo n' canjiin stains would be old news....just my opinion!

raula   

simply: it takes two to tango. Yes there are those arajooyins that only some makeover will save them..but there are plenty of chores at home..and some husbands/fathers expect only the woman to take of it-there is no majic sweep. The cyle of somali man only taking care of the financial needs and nothing else like back in the days in most homes in somalia should be stopped. Its everyone's responsibility to take care of thier home and thier families(all chores included)...otherwise maybe they ought to get a maid..no wonder soomalida gabdhaha is nacaan markey guursadan..since there is much to deal with at home before she can even please her man.

Nephissa   

There's no excuse for "inay is nacdo." No matter how whipped and beaten she's by the end of the day inay is qurxisaa nafteeda yay u roon tahay, not because of hebel she's married to, but she still has her life, *she* as a person to take care of. It should be done for feeling better every day life with or without nin. If a girl is a high maintenance when she's single and enjoys it, she'll most likely continue doing it after when she gets married (even if she lives miserably ever after) just because it has become a norm for her, laakin if she's someone araajo u dhalatay markeedi hore, chances are .. ..

:D you guessed it! Inkastoo Somalidu yiraahaan Baalidu waa nasiib fiican tahay, she gets the bestest of best men :D .

chubacka   

Is it possible for the woman to get home just a few hours earlier each day?

I honestly think this is too much to ask of one person, woman (believe it or not) are humans and are not perfect however hard they try.

If men just expect to walk in each evening and for their wife to be fully made up, house cleaned,dinner ready, children fed and bathed and possibly asleep then has life taught this man nothing?

How can one person do all those tasks and still be pleased and eager to see you. Why should women feel like they are being tested everyday of their lives.

Yes women should try their best to look after their home, kids and please their husbands and trust me they do. But men need to understand they should not expect the impossible. Appreciate what the woman does and say nice things to her even if she does not look like shes had a full blown make over.

If men really do want the fantasy house and kids then they have to work hard to build it not jst expect the wife to achieve everything on their own.

Saalixa   

woman with perfectly plucked eyebrows and beautiful bright red lipstick with her hijab accenting her face

thats haram regardless outside or inside

-Lily-   

Oh spare me the crap. I really didn't know men liked their women to look good inside the house too, what a discovery. :mad:

I don’t know the ladies you’re talking about but listen, :mad: we Somali ladies are not as your saying ok

Me and my husband get up 6am everyday and go to work we take our kids to day care I get home earlier pick the kids make dinner feed the kids put them to sleep wear my night dress make uunsi for the house get his dinner on the table and I don’t remember one night not him saying thank you baby or macaan. So I don’t know who you been around but we’re not the way you think. :eek:

Well...I dunno but Sometimes a xaliimo with her worn out dirac and messy look is soo hot..you would want to ravish her...in kinda nice way!! :D ..you dont want her to be Like - that chick from Desperate house wives... the Crazy one - too clean..too goody goody!

Cheers