Sign in to follow this  
Bachelor

Will you change your citizenship for money?!!

Bachelor   

Sorry i should have indicated my stand before i ask for honest answer. Currently i am a U.S Citizen, suppose i am the best soccer player on this planet which is "wishful thinking" :rolleyes: and approched by one of those Arabs with enoromous sums of money... no need to :confused: The award will go tooooo...those who "showed me the money". Yes i would.

African   

Bachlor, b4 I answer ur Q...allow me 2 share with u this...have u heard the British sports commentators when their talking about some1 who gained British citizenship either through his profession or cuz he came 2 Britain when he was young??

I use 2 listen 2 how they use 2 address John Barns (former Liverpool & England player) & a White South African runner (4got her name) who obtained the British nationality through her profession. When s/he was performing well they would give them all these compliments & shout patriotic slogans, yet when they were not doing well it was like "... Jamaican/South African born lost the race..." something of that sort.

Now that's Britain with all their freedom & liberty...now 2 come back 2 Kenyans....I think he will loose both sides more like “dacawadii katagtay keeda ee kii nabiga gaadhiwayday”....Qatar will love him as long as he performs well & will dumb him as soon as he falls....No human rights there so they will strip the nationality from him...then imagine he comes back 2 his country....what a shame he will feel...every1 will look down on him as he sold out not only his nationality but his race 2.

So do u need me 2 tell u what my answer would be??

Bachelor   

African thanks for enligthnment about "john Barns", i thought he was Brit, indeed he was a great player.

I dont know if you recall the last world cup, a Nigerian man played for polish which was very peculiar. When he asked about it, he said "they gave me the opportunity, and i took advantage of it"...and i really dont see any wrong doing there. Beside, had he been in Nagaria he would not have played for world cup.

nuune   

for money,i wouldn't,why change ur citizenship for money,this world is going crazy,i know many people who r doing this and they r all somalis..........

Miriam1   

Its a tough question....lots of cash on hand...yet the guy is representing his own country...it depends on what u believe is more important cash or national pride...personally I would go for the cash...ppl forget...hopefully.

lol - sorry peeps I didn't mean to laugh, but I had to because we do it for free. How many of us have either 'british & or american passports' I rest my case....

We do it for free - lets not kid ourselves.

Salaam

Kool_Kat   

Alaah maxaa meeshaan been la'isku qufooyaa...

Change my citizenship for money? Now, how hard could that be?

I would say show me the MONEEEEEY!!! I did it for free when I left Somalia and came to Canada...

With Money involved, I would change my citizenship before you can say how much...Besides, no matter what, ppl would always refer to me as the Somali 'whateva it may be' played for so and so Country...So what...

Money makes the world go round...

African   

AlwaysLearning, Always in a transit state (as MOW observed b4)....u truly failed 2 comprehend the point of this topic...Did u even bother 2 read the article??

Allow me 2 break it down 4 u sis,

There's a difference between denouncing ur own nationality in order 2 take on another...which what the Kenyan did.

And taking another nationality on top of urs...which is the case for Somalis who r British or US citizens....which means no one sold out.

So b4 u think ur cleverly pointing out what u think others have missed take good care of ur reading comprehension.

redface.gifredface.gif

Blessed   

Well, most of us have sort of changed our citizenship ... I did and paid for it too!

So, if some Carab decided to pay for my Citizenship - I would thank him for it smile.gif

Its not as if being Somali - is worth much these days is it? I'd gladly give up being a suspect of seeking asylum / immigration fraud or being connected to AlQaeda smile.gif

A few Somalis play for Qatar - but one thing that I noticed is that although they give them Citizenship, their nationality becomes some what of a surname - Like Hebel, Hebel alSomali - even though he is a qatari player - I can live with that... though I got the feeling carabtu arn't being exactly nice by pointing out their nationality to the folks :rolleyes:

Senora   

I use 2 listen 2 how they use 2 address John Barns (former Liverpool & England player) & a White South African runner (4got her name) who obtained the British nationality through her profession. When s/he was performing well they would give them all these compliments & shout patriotic slogans, yet when they were not doing well it was like "... Jamaican/South African born lost the race..." something of that sort.

Thats true African, but thats just an example of the interactions, development, and structures of certain groups in the human race.....I'm not sure if you live in the states or not.....but if you do, have you ever observed some of your local news broadcastings?...You ever noticed how whenever they are reporting something( whether its a crime, sporting event, etc), if the person involved is any other race besides white, or their religion is anything other than christianity, its pointed out... But if the person was white and christian, we wouldnt really know, it would just be "understood" i guess :rolleyes: ....Your nationality/religion sticks with you forever....no matter what your doing in life, it follows you like a shadow....and like you pointed out earlier African, its seems to have been forgotten when your succeeding and all, but it was never forgotten, it was still there, waiting for you to fall on your face and mess up somehow, someway, big or small......but then again, it might not happen to you, you could just be that lucky person who got to slip through the cracks of prejudice/racism, or whatever other unmoral acts that might have been involved......and as long as money is involved, i wouldnt mind taking that risk.