Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Islam and Economic development

Ibtisam   

baashi; its okay, no rush walaloo smile.gif

thanks all the others:

Sayyid ()Qutb thank you

there are many hadeeth which suggest that individuals should not have more than they need. this is morally bad in a society when 90% of the population is poor! correct or false? Even if Islam supports individual built up of wealthy, I think if I am correct it is not advice, as people should use the wealth to spend in the way of Allah. There are many hadeeth to support this, right now I only remember one reported in Bukhari "if I had gold equal to the mountain of Uhud, it would not please me that anything of it should remain with me after three nights, except what I would keep for repaying debts"

As for Tax, what about Zakah? Although it gives you barakah and hence increases you wealthy, it is the same principle. I am not actually thinking the storage of money, rather, how does Islam Aid economic development. I mean 90% of the poorest countries in the world are Muslim countries which supposedly follow the Islamic law. Is this their fault, or is the progress hinder by Islam?

Allamagan

Thank you very much for you suggestion.

Sharmarkee thank you

That book sounds like what I need, I will see if I can get it on Amazon. The qutub brothers have both identified relevant issues which I am currently reading.

Sensual_Healing

I do not care what kind of Muslim the author is, as long as they are knowledgeable in their field of study, so if their aqeeda is corrupt, but their understanding of finance and shira law is good. I’m not fussed, this is not a judgement of their faith nor is it my job and place, their worship and believe is between Allah and them. However I do understand you concern, rest assure I am not using them to further my understanding of aqeeda or Islamic knowledge.

Pi frustrated are you! :D

Cheers ppl