Dabrow

Saakin taps out and resigns

Mooge   

few idiot are hellucinating in this thread this beautiful morning niyoow. Bal waxeey been iskudhurayaan fiiri above. Loool. Gaas is next kulahaa niyoow. Daaco.com

11 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

That's  going be more tricky but at this stage, it will be best for Gas to leave. He made a tremendous mistake when he amassed troops but didn't act.

It is not like they haven't tried, @Che -Guevara

The two attacks by Puntland melitia, the first which was set as a surprise attack on the eve of Ramadan and Somaliland's Day. And the other which took place when the President was touring Awdal during the Sagar Cyclone disaster. Both these attacks, Puntland spent all it had. 

Somaliland easily, without breaking sweat, thwarted both attacks, and even captured Puntland's bases in Tog-Qaboobe. But in both cases, due to executive orders from Hargeisa, they had to come back to their original locations, despite winning more land. 

It is easy to say anything from the comfort of your North American home. Habar Fadhida legdin wax ula fudud. 

I think Gaas made a wise decision in not risking more humiliation.

18 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Awshariif uultimo waa isdhiibay. Laakiin ninkaan siyaasadda been been sahlan uguma baxaayo so he must have something under his sleeve.

I agree and believe that Sharif’s resignation is merely a tactical retreat and his political opponents run the risk of underestimating him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he once again magically appears and outmaneuvers them, yet again.

2 hours ago, Tillamook said:

I agree and believe that Sharif’s resignation is merely a tactical retreat and his political opponents run the risk of underestimating him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he once again magically appears and outmaneuvers them, yet again.

For sure he will be back after a few months of relaxing in Nayroobi. The likes of Shariifka cannot stay away from Soomaali politics, unless there is something (e.g. health-wise) we don't know. His son is a seat holder in baarlamaanka dowladda dhexe, elected by Shariifka's subclan. So the son will step aside and allow him to get in baarlamaanka in 2019. After that, he will try to gather wixii anti-madaxweyne Farmaajo ahaa oo dhan, then try to unseat guddoomiyaha baarlamaanka.

I can almost see how the production of this film will go on already now.

19 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

The changes in Addis had impact on the Somalia politics.

No more general gabre and tigrays 

Waa runtaa. Shariifka would have never left if the Xabashi leadership that was in power earlier this year were in power still. No way he would have gone. He and his cohorts like Gaas and Madoobe so many trips ayee Adisababa ku aadi lahaayeen. But sheekadaas wey dhamaatay.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, Tillamook said:

Some politicians are successful at creating developing that aura image. Sharif has mastered that. Even Tillamook can't trust his own shadow now.

It will be hard to pull off, but Farmaajo has only one option. Jump ship to UAE and fully join Isayas and Abiy who will take care of the Sharifs of Somalia.

10 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Old_Observer,

Qatar will not allow it. After all they have bankrolled him and bought for him (literally they purchased) his president's seat. And just to be double-sure of what he is doing in office is in accordance of their agenda they have placed one of their spies, a chap by the name of Mr Fahad Yasin right next to him. Even if  operationally, he has a title of another's day job which to run it in most days.

So Qatar, who paid a good money for the political service of Mr Farmaajo will not allow him now to jump ship into the KSA/UAE axis of alliance. But he is hoping that Eritrea and Ethiopia will be a "good insurance policy" for him in-terms of UAE not doing anything nasty to him.

Hence, the reason he is licking the boot of these two country's leaders (i.e., Eritrea and Ethiopia). It's his way of saying that his hands are tied with Qatar. But short of ending his alliance with Qatar (in which he is not allowed to do it anyway) he will do whatever else the UAE wants from him. Which means he will throw away Djibouti "under-the-bus", as he did already.

And it also means he will be the best shoe-shiner for the leaderships of Eritrea and Ethiopia, just to please the UAE along the way. This is his game. We shall see how he will fare in here. But, I think, he will not be able to pull it off anymore than any man can ride "two horses" at the same time.    

Everything you’ve said above might-be true... but you shouldn’t discount the likelihood of these same Gulf countries mending fences soon and reconciling with one another.

Personally, I think it’s a good stratagem on the part of the Farmaajo administration, and somewhat does credit to them, to attempt to ride those proverbial “two horses”, you spoke of; until, such a time as when the respective Royal houses who rule those countries come back to their senses and reach some sort of rapprochement.

I believe the Somali leaders in the country who’ve choosen to support the Saudis/ Emirati camp on one side or the Qatari/ Turkish camp on the other— are buying time by which to avail our country of the dangerous side effects of these squabbling and bickering brethren, for now.

31 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

Everything you’ve said above might-be true... but you shouldn’t discount the likelihood of these same Gulf countries mending fences soon and reconciling with one another.

Personally, I think it’s a good stratagem on the part of the Farmaajo administration, and somewhat does credit to them, to attempt to ride those proverbial “two horses”, you spoke of; until, such a time as when the respective Royal houses who rule those countries come back to their senses and reach some sort of rapprochement.

I believe the Somali leaders in the country who’ve choose to support the Saudis/ Emirati camp on one side or the Qatari/ Turkish camp on the other— are buying time by which to avail our country of the dangerous side effects of these squabbling and bickering brethren, for now.

If that is the case it would be nothing short of brilliant.

It would be akin to playing good cop bad cop on someone.

16 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

If that is the case it would be nothing short of brilliant.

It would be akin to playing good cop bad cop on someone.

OO,

I would not qualify it as brilliant per se, but rather a fortuitous peculiarity of the infamous Achilles heel of Somali tribalism that brings about unexpected benefits to our country from time to time, which frustrates foreign powers from getting their ducks in a row, as it where,  vis-à-vis Somalia and thus frustrating their high ambitions for the country.

Duufaan   
4 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Well I beg to differ with you in here. You see you may see a cunning plan. But I see essentially a botched job on the part of Mr Cheeseman.

And I say that, since, first and foremost, the issue of the rift in the Gulf states is too entrenched now to be paper over so easily. Which means, the Qatar that is more and more throwing its lot with Iran and with Turkey is unlikely to be accepted by Saudis alliance in any time soon.

And in turn that means, Somalia (or Villa Somalia in particularly) will be more and more find itself being driven to side with Turkey/Qatar in ever more pronounced way, which in turn correspondingly, will mean the Saudi-UAE will also view Somalia in a dim light, strategically speaking, in ever increasing way.

Hence, his "proverbial two-horse-riding" in which he is trying to do in here will come to an end sooner than you say what happen in here. But we shall see. 

The black and white different lines, you always draw doesn’t really exist. The gulf countries with all their money are weakest link. These African leaders will take money from different gulf countries but that will not stop them to deal others. One time cash from the gulf countries will not do  any good for anyone. The relashinship for these three leaders are more related to domestic issue. Nothing will happen to Jabuuti. Jabuuti ports will have same and more businesses even when Ethiopia start using Ereteria ports. They will still host both America and Chinese. The Ereterian dictator is not gone change that much.He will not hold election any time soon. The main issue is still Abiya and the changes he wants to make.

11 hours ago, Duufaan said:

The black and white different lines, you always draw doesn’t really exist. The gulf countries with all their money are weakest link. These African leaders will take money from different gulf countries but that will not stop them to deal others. One time cash from the gulf countries will not do  any good for anyone. The relashinship for these three leaders are more related to domestic issue. Nothing will happen to Jabuuti. Jabuuti ports will have same and more businesses even when Ethiopia start using Ereteria ports. They will still host both America and Chinese. The Ereterian dictator is not gone change that much.He will not hold election any time soon. The main issue is still Abiya and the changes he wants to make.

They all have as you said monumental too hard even to look at, let alone solve problems at home.

In Eritrea's case its a one man show means if threatened by something else he changes in a heart bit or if gone, everything is gone with him.

Both Abiy and Farmaajo are seating in uncknown chairs either made of wood that can burn any day or of sponge that compresses and makes them shorter.