Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Looting Africa.

Malika   

^What do you expect from Someone whom thinks of themselves so low?..markuu isku bixineyee saqajaan he knew he wasnt in the same league as CL,hence his cowards comments.

Malika   

^That was mean of me! redface.gifsmile.gif

Anywho, CL as I said that day I was having a bimbo moment..The proffesor isnt Tanzanian but Kenyan but he is my hero.

Ali Mazrui is the name,I couldnt find the whole series but he had writen extensively on the matters of the "African".

The series is called "The African" google it, me dear.

Here is one part of his series;

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lOIlClDh-XM

"Every stage of Africa's contribution to globalization was also a stage in its own marginalization. Rodney was all too aware that African captives who were turned into slaves entered the emerging world of international capitalism. But those captives were simultaneously a symbol of the marginalization of the African peoples.

Imperialism and gunboat diplomacy made colonized Africa part of world-wide empires. But colonized people are inevitably marginalized people. The extractive imperative made African minerals fuel the world economy. African minerals enriched other economies rather than Africa's own. "

Check this site;

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/30/index-fc.html

From Slave Ship to Space Ship: African between Marginalization and Globalization by Ali Mazrui.

Saqajaan   

Malika

Why do you wanna associate with africans? Somali's are not part of the negroid group.

Even decades after colonialism and slavery, africans still blame white man, imperialism and other nonsense for their ineptitude. What they should be doing is letting go of their inferior mentality and build their countries.

Malika   

^What is the excuse of Somalia then? I dont see other African countries in similar situation as Somalia is that to do with our superiority complex and our cushtic origins?

Let me try and answer your question, I actually embrace my African heritage with unwavering sentiment; being African for me is not to be defined by race, ethnicity but by philosophies and ideologies rich in morals, ethics and an African culture, in short being African to me is a state of mind. I thank my lord for the opportunity to see and experience the beauty of Africa.. smile.gif

Saqajaan   

The problem with somali's is too much pride, a sense of superiority is a good thing but not when it hinders you from cooperating and working with your people.

What's is this nonsense african philosophy you are talking about? You are muslim, and islam is the only philosophy a muslim should be embracing. Not some fake sense of african unity. Somali culture is closer to carab culture than 'african' culture.

Africa is a beautiful and majestic continent, unfortunately the inhabitants are weak minded.

Africans have no sense of intellectual curiosity, no sense of cooperation, no intellect and only seek to live a simple life. That's why they have been enslaved and colonized and still to this day cannot get their act together. They are incapable of seeing the big picture, of letting go of their ethnic differences to make something of their nations and people. They make it easy for europeans to divide them, control them and loot their resources, and frankly they deserve it for allowing it.

Malika   

^ :D You dont understand the beauty of a simple life,its pure humbleness.

Anyway,I am assuming your talking about the African philosophy as the “traditional African philosophy” you have forgotten the influence of the Islamic/Arabic philosophy in Africa even before the white man came to the continent. Actually am more in tuned with the pro independence African philosophy of the likes of the late Julius Kambarage Nyerere, Kwame Nkurumah etc, Ah, the pan African movement to be more precise. And that has nothing to do with my belief, as my belief is above my African ness and my Somali ness.

Saqajaan   

Islam does not encourage pan africanism, nationalism or any other movement besides islamic movement. "He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who

fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah."

How do you reconcile being a muslim and a being pro pan africanism or what ever african nonsense philosophy you believe in? You have to give up one or the other, the two cannot go hand in hand.

Malika   

^Well if am to concertate on being a better muslim surely that requires me to respect and value all God's creation equally that includes my African brothers and sisters..So this jareer talk is rather backward thinking me thinks yaa saqajaan.

Thanks for your adviced,partially accepted.. smile.gif

Saqajaan   

Malika

You are a noble somali, you should not be associating with inferior negroids. We maybe be equal in the eyes of allah, but in this world there are racial and social ladder, africans are the very bottom of that ladder.

Besides somali's are closer to arabs than africans daqan wise, religion wise and everything else.

MZanzi   

Originally posted by Saqajaan:

Malika

Besides somali's are closer to arabs than africans daqan wise, religion wise and everything else.

CARABTA MARKE ADO KALE ARKAAN" yaa ASWAD TACAAAL BEEY KU YIRAAHDAN

Saqajaan   

Originally posted by Afr0 GirL:

quote:Originally posted by Saqajaan:

Malika

CARABTA MARKE ADO KALE ARKAAN" yaa ASWAD TACAAAL BEEY KU YIRAAHDAN
Is there a point to this? The prophet(pbuh) was arab, what is wrong with wanting to associate with the great arab people?

MZanzi   

Sxb sheekada meelkale eey kaa martay .....CARAB ayaah AHAAD LEEDAHAY ....LAAAKIN WHY ASWAD LAGUGU YEERAYA HADAAD CARAB TAHAY