Che -Guevara

Ilhan Omar is the first Somali elected to the US Congress

Reer Minnesota has done us proud.

It's worthy others have been elected to school boards among other things. These are positions that might seem insignificant in terms of political power but they are important to locals.

Tallaabo   
44 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

It's worthy others have been elected to school boards among other things. These are positions that might seem insignificant in terms of political power but they are important to locals.

Indeed school boards are important positions which affect the future of our kids, kudos to reer Minnesota. 

Tallaabo   
3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

When will Reer Ingiriiska hurdada ka kici doonaan and send one to House of Commons? Also Reer Australia.

Iswiidhan even has a Soomaali sister elected to their national assembly, Riksdag.

Somalis like most Muslims in Britain are infamous for their lack of interest in politics. Those like me who vote occasionally, cast our ballot for whoever the Labour Party sends our way. A notorious Zionist who used to represent my ward in the Houses of Parliament had a habit of knocking on my door whenever the general election comes and then used to justify his lobbying for Israel to me!!! To get Labour elected, I had to vote for him. 

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

Those positions are also where people sharpen their teeth for higher offices.

3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

When will Reer Ingiriiska hurdada ka kici doonaan and send one to House of Commons? Also Reer Australia.

Iswiidhan even has a Soomaali sister elected to their national assembly, Riksdag.

A Nigerian has been elected to senate in Italy. No Libyan, no Eritrea, no Somali has done that yet.

Canada has shown the way. Maybe Australia or 2nd generation South Africa (if it doesn't blow up and go south) will be next.

We are mayors in English and welish cities. We are doing very good in England maxammad farax sir maxammad and ofcourse worldremit. The UK Somalis stand always tall. Our next objective is to be mayor of merry old London.

19 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

A Nigerian has been elected to senate in Italy. No Libyan, no Eritrea, no Somali has done that yet.

Canada has shown the way. Maybe Australia or 2nd generation South Africa (if it doesn't blow up and go south) will be next.

That Nigerian is a Catholic, which is a huge plus in Talyaaniga. Soomaalida are Muslims, so no average racist Talyaani (while they give you friendly smile at your face) would vote one in. Plus, most Soomaalis who settled in Talyaaniga moved to other parts of Yurub, notably to UK during the '90s.

This Nigerian also represents a racist, extremist party, which many members of it don't want him in their party either.