Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

Ahmed el Tayeb: new head of Alazhar.

Cawaale   

I am not defending Sheikh Al-Azhar not supporting of those who are attacking him now, but i wanted to remind you that Islam has called for good manners and if you are here to argue and show how opposed you are to the Imam's action or the lack of it, please maintain the teachings of the sunna.

Dialogue is based on courtesy and respect, aiming to uncover the truth, evidences and proofs, not heavy-handedness and intolerance of views. i wouldn't make accusations about the Grand Imam of the noble Al-azhar and take Google as reference to back me up.

Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who were before us in the faith, and place not in our hearts any rancour toward those who believe. Our Lord! Thou art Full of Pity, Merciful.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Naden:

^
:D

Karl, you think that an admonishment against the niqab is '
a great crime against Muslim women
' when there are millions of Muslim women struggling with inheritance, divorce, custody, violence, discrimination, and dispossession issues?

Yes, walal, I fully believe that the attacks on the Niqab and the Hijab are all great crimes against the Islamic religion and the Muslim women. To bless, to support, and to openly side with, those who have banned Muslim women from wearing the Hijab and the Niqab, is, indeed, a great crime against the Shariah and the Islamic religion. All of the other issues you mentioned are also important, but, the issue of Hijab and Niqab is equally important too. In the world of logic and rationale, many issues can be of equal or similar importance and, therefore, need tackling at the same time or at different stages. Today,The issue of the Hijab and the Niqab just happen to be two of the most contentious issues. Check the news, walal.

I consider it a crime that Muslim women are being barred from wearing the Hijab/Niqab in the public institutions of France, Tunisia, Turkey and now in instutions in Egypt. I consider it a crime that Muslim women are being attacked, ridiculed and some phsyically abused for wearing the Niqab. This is an issue of al awala and bara, of iman and hypocrisy, and of xaq vs badil. It is an issue of people who want to perserve the sunnah vs people who want to entirely deny the Sunnah or mock it and call it various demeaning names.

Secondly, why is it that some of you guys seem more focused on the personna of the cyber user Karl Polanyi than the validity of my points? You asked for one proof of the Niqab in islam and a I gave links containing a plethora of evidences, yet you and Castro have not responded to them. Rather, you seem to be more interested in discussing the personal priorities and the intelligence( as in the case of Castroller) of Karl Polanyi. I find this a strange phenomenon. Walal, we are patiently waiting for you to kindly enligthen us on why there are hardly any proofs for Niqab in the Shariah and why those I posted in the links cannot be regarded as evidence. I hope you will not dissappoint us.

Originally posted by Naden:

^
:D

A true sign of the moral and ethical bankruptcy of this wretched ummah, discussing a silly garment that wouldn't have seen the light of day had the white man not dug up some oil in an otherwise barren land. Hope your tableeq mentors are instructing you in something more worthwhile.

Maybe my history is not great,but as far I remember; the discovery of oil occured in the last century, whereas the discussions and the mentioning of Niqab go back as early as the first century/ies of Islam. I can't remember Ibn Abbas or Bukhari signing lucrative oil deals with Texas Oil Companies. So what is the relation between the two issues? Similarly, I am not that good with numbers, but I think that would make it a difference of over 1 thousands years. In a nutshell, the Niqab has been mentioned by the best of our generations, it was reported to be worn by the wives of the prophet(saw) and all of our scholars, despite their differences on the status of it, are agreed that Niqab is, has and always will be a part of Islam. So I hope you fully understand the implication of calling it a "silly garment". Ibn Al Qayyim said,

“So what Din, and what good is there to be found in the one that sees the prohibitions of Allah being committed, His prescribed punishments being laid to waste and abandon, His Din left, and the Sunnah of RasulAllah (saw) being thrown away while he is of cold heart with a silent tongue, a dumb-mute Shaytan just as the one who speaks falsehood is a speaking Shaytan?!

Polanyi   

Ngonge;

It is clear we are like fire and water on this issue. I think we will just end up going around in circles. So let us agree to disagree. I will also take your advice and the brother Cawale on board and I will leave the scrutinisation of Tantawi's actions here. May Allah forgive Sheikh tantawi and guide all of us, Ameen.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Keligi-Muslims are back on SOL

I consider your labelling me as part of the "keligis Muslim" crowd as a source of pride. Jzk.

Malika   

^pride is a destructive trait,feeds the ego..You dont want to be the slave of the ego..do you? :D

Amiiin to the dua,indeed may Allah guide us all!