Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

Ahmed el Tayeb: new head of Alazhar.

RaMpAgE   

They might as well make G.W.Bush the head of alazhar, this is how lame that once might univeristy became.

Tantawi was not even qualified to give fatwa, i wonder how much they use to pay him to make those fatwas.

ps. Niqaab is not compoulsary, however theirs nothing wrong with a muslim women wearing it if she chooses to.

Blessed   

^He said the same about niqab and added that it is unneccesary to wear it in a room full of muslim women. Sound opinion, me thinks. He was qualified to make fatwas and served as a PG level lecturer at Madinah before Al Azhar.

You can disagree with scholars using Quran / Sunnah as evidence, in other words you have to engage in the debate not gossip pass judgement on their persona.

Castro   

Originally posted by RaMpAgE:

They might as well make G.W.Bush the head of alazhar, this is how lame that once might univeristy became.

Tantawi was not even qualified to give fatwa, i wonder how much they use to pay him to make those fatwas.

ps. Niqaab is not compoulsary, however theirs nothing wrong with a muslim women wearing it if she chooses to.

I propose we make you the head of the Azhar. You seem to know what you're talking about. lol.

Kashafa   

Holy Scholar, His Excellency Mr. Al-Tantaawi's greatest hits:

peres_tantawi.jpg

Picture caption: Rabbi Tantawi warmly embracing Shimon Peres, Israeli war criminal, in the midst of the devastating Seige of Gaza.

The handshake with Peres caused a furore in the Egyptian opposition press, and prompted demands from an opposition member of parliament that Tantawi, who is government-appointed, be sacked. In the television interview, Tantawi rhetorically
asked whether the handshake "had destroyed Palestine
". "He was in a place, and I was in the same place walking like this, and he met me, stretched out his hand, so I greeted him," said Tantawi, again insisting that he did not recognize Peres. "And suppose I knew him?" he said.
"So what... Isn't he from a country that we recognize
?" Egypt was the first Arab country to sign a peace treaty with Israel, in 1979.

Responding to a question on the propriety of shaking Peres's hand while Israel maintains a crippling blockade on the Gaza Strip, Tantawi said the matter should be taken up with Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit. "
I do not know whether there is a siege of Gaza," he said. "What siege? What rubbish
? The siege has been there for months."

Hundreds of Palestinians slaughtered. Thousands suffering from a lack of nutrituion. Babies dying in hospital; thanks to the Tantawi-supported siege, there is no medecine to keep them alive. Babies die in the arms of their mothers.

All of that according to His Holy Shaykh'ness = Rubbish. There is no seige. Ain't my department, ya heard ?. You come to me when you wanna know about whether kissing your wife invalidates your wuduu. That's my area of speciality. As for millions of Muslims living under the daily terror of occupation and oppression, psshhhh I think you protest too much. Relax yaa habiibii. Khut lak funjaan shay wa qahwa. Go make love to your wife. Don't you know that you get ajar/hasanaat for that ?

Tub'ban wa alfa tuban calayka yaa Tantaawi. May Allah(SWT) give you what you deserve. And may you be an classical example for future generations of a bought and paid for Cabdul dirham wal diinaar.

Tantawi was the first Sheikh of al-Azhar to attend conferences hosted by groups such as the Rotary Club, which have long been considered as suspect by many conservatives Muslims who consider them as beachheads for Freemasonry and its deism (and also because of the role Freemason-inspired secret societies played in politics under the monarchy.)

Freemasonry, eh ? Nice, Nice.

Arguing that no country has the right to interfere in French lawmaking, Tantawi said that if the French government forced women to take off their veils, they would not be committing a sin.

Many interpreted Tantawi's statement as giving France the go-ahead to ban the hijab and the Grand Imam was seen to be expressing a political, rather than religious, opinion. Critics argue he should have defended France's veiled Muslims by opposing the ban on the grounds that the hijab is not a symbol, but rather a religious obligation and a human right.

Three days later, on 2 January, crowds of worshippers gathered in front of Al- Azhar mosque to protest Tantawi's edict, and call for his resignation. The outlawed Muslim Brotherhood also held a public rally following Friday prayers on the same day, lambasting Tantawi as "a government official" who "compromises the principles of Islam [for the sake of] state policies".

Continuing a trend deemed controversial by many and one that exposed him to bitter criticism, Grand Imam of Al-Azhar Sheikh Mohammad Sayed Tantawi has said that Singapore has the right to force a ban on hijab in the country’s schools

“Singapore has the right to impose a unified code of dress, which also bars students from wearing hijab,”
Tantawi said after a meeting with Singaporean Prime Minister Goh Tong in Cairo Wednesday, February 11

Summary: Mr.Al-Tantawi says France and Singapore have a right to ban the hijab that Allah(SWT) has decreed. According to Mr. Al-Tantawi, France's 'sovereignty' supersedes that of Allah(SWT).

Of course, Ngonge will argue that we are all laymen and that none of us here have the special magical quality of 'Shaykh-hood' and 'Knowledge'ness', ergo none of us are in any position to criticize His Holiness Al-Tantawi. Ngogne, haven't seen you spew so much BS since....I can't remmeber. I don't know about you, but I will question every single man or woman after Prophet Mohamed, including the Companions.(Aisha, Talha, Zubair, and Muawiya were 150% percent wrong, no ifs or buts about it.....how hard is that ?). You, my friend, are swimming in a sea of ambiguity where there is none. This Deen of ours is waadix wudoox al-Shams, as clear as the shining Sun. And when a puppet-cleric like Tantawi comes along with his 1-800-FATWA-4-$ale, only juhalaa, the ignorant, will fall for it. You know damn well that the craven antics of Tantawi are beyond the pale. There's just no way, logical or not, to defend it. Yet you do. Why ? Maybe because it's makes you feel better about yourself. As in: "Hey, if a Super-Duper Big-Tyme Shaykh like Tantawi can F up like this, I'm not too bad with my sigaar-cab'ing and jaat-cun'ing."

If there is any redeeming foot-note to the life and times of Mr. Al-Tantawi, it is that he has become a cautionary tale for Muslims and non-Muslims alike on how the slippery slope of xukun-jacayl and jago-doon'nimo can turn you into the worst kind of prostitute: one who sells his Deen for Dunyawi gain.(ishtaroo bihi thaman qaleelaa, fa'bisa maa yashtaroon)

To sum up my post in two words: Good Riddance.

Kashafa   

For all of the juhalaa defending Tantawi:

I have a gift for you. Watch that video first.

That video is what your craven puppet-cleric, slave to the Tawagheet, lived his entire life defending and providing theological legitimacy(to borrow Xiin's sardonically comical phrase) for.

Mull on that for a minute. And chew on that fat.

On one side Israel bombs the tunnels, on the other Egypt blocks the tunnels. Then came the fatwa endorsed by Sheikh of Al-Azhar, Tantawi, supporting Egypt’s construction of the underground steel barrier attempting to quell Muslim uproar by trying to legitimatise the whole callous and ugly blockade.

On January 1 2010, the press reported that the Islamic Research Council of Al-Azhar University, headed by Egypt's top scholar Sheikh Mohammed Said Tantawi issued the following fatwa: "It is one of Egypt's legitimate rights to place a barrier that prevents the harm from the tunnels under Rafah, which are used to smuggle drugs and other (contraband) that threaten Egypt's stability".

This provided a religious ‘rubber stamp’ to the Egyptian government's construction of a deep underground steel barrier to permanently block tunnels between Egypt and Gaza.

Importantly, the fatwa went further and condemned as haram (a violation of Islamic law) any opposition to the construction.

"Those who oppose building this wall are violating the commands of Islamic law,"

This follow-up censor was aimed at suppressing the widespread anger - including demonstrations along the border - being expressed by Muslims at the Egyptian government’s heartless construction which deprives blockaded Gaza vital life lines for supplies. The tunnels were a critical means of access into Gaza during Israel’s 3 week murderous assault on the enclave that killed over 1400 people mostly women and children a year ago.

Undoubtedly strengthened by the fatwa from Al-Azhar, on 2 January 2010, a day after the fatwa was issued, Israel’s air force carried out bombing raids on Gaza aimed at destroying the tunnels on Gaza’s side of the border.
These Israeli bombings have continued with the most recent raid on 8 January 2010 killing among others a 14-year old boy whose body was recovered from one of the tunnels.

This episode is another sad illustration of the unholy collaboration between government ‘scholars’ and their depraved Muslim governments
that directly supports and strengthens the enemies of the Muslims.

NGONGE   

^^ Adeer, whatever you say about him (and on the day of judgment he may turn out to be the biggest zandeeq Allah ever created), today, now, he is a million times the man that you are. Be honest with yourself and tell me why should I listen to the words of a hip hop quoting angry young man over the words of an Azhar sheikh? :D

Lakin ma waxbaad iga maqlaysa. Adeer iska claasho hilibkaaga.

Khayr   

whatever you say about him (and on the day of judgment he may turn out to be the biggest zandeeq Allah ever created), today, now, he is a million times the man that you are.

You are not making sense at all. Wa iskaa xadhalisa saxib. Why don't you respond to the overwhelming evidence posted by Kashafa?

Kashafa   

NG,

I know it's hard to defend Tantawi after the damning proof I provided(and I'm glad you didn't), but let me make one thing clear: Wallahi, I take no pleasure in exposing him. But it is something that must be done

If all of Tantawi's sins were of a personal nature: chasing skirts, drinking liqour, etc.... it would have been none of my business. Who among us doesn't have moral failings ? And who among us would want to be exposed in front of the world like Tantawi is exposed today ?

But Mr. Al-Tantawi was a public fraudster using his so-called Knowledge of the Deen as a way to fortify and legitimise tyrannical governments and tyrannical actions. And they paid him back richly for his services in the form of position and title, and that big Koofi on his head(Shaykhul Shuyookh).

Fraudsters, especially those in positions of authority MUST be exposed.

Btw, what I quoted is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Tantawi's shameful positions; it's only a google search away.

Mida kele, Hip-hop is a form of poetry, ninyahow ee haa uu gafin. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Khayer you still don't get it. Allah ha kuu sahlo, saaxib. :D

Kashafa,

All the evidence you give is not enough, adeer. Men better than you and more knowledgeable than you are have not dared do it marka why should I listen to you? Again, wax fahan adeer. You gain nothing by badmouthing the guy. This is not football or hip-hop ( ;) ). I can't kick a ball to save my life but I spend every single day telling people that Fabergas is not as good as people claim. I think all hip-hop singers are retards even though I can't string two rhymes together. But, other than some tongue lashings from you or some Arsenal fans I really have nothing to worry about there. On the scholars (regardless of what doubts I have about them) the consequences of badmouthing them are a tad higher. So (like I asked someone earlier) why bother? Can't you go and let off all your steam on Hosni or Abbas instead?

N.O.R.F   

I do not treat my faith like a football team that I support when they score and
condemn when they miss or appoint a rubbish manager.

Does that mean Rafa is finally condemned? :D

I can't kick a ball to save my life but I spend every single day telling people that Fabergas is not as good as people claim.

Walee maanta waad is kashiftey :D

Polanyi   

It appears that some people are still using the smokescreen of the proposed Niqab Ban only affecting all female institutions as an excuse for the late Tantawi and his ilk. This is merely a weak and feeble defence of someone who committed a great crime against Muslim women. It is a clear case of defending the indefensible. I have one question for you people: when did the Sheikh suddenly become a woman? One should have their facts ready before they lunge into any debate. For your information, the young girl in question does not even wear the Niqab when she is with other Muslim females. She only adorned herself with the Niqab because Sheikh Tantawi and his entourage, who just happen to be members of the male race- btw, entered the building. The eyewitnesses reported that her teachers explained this issue to the Sheikh. However, he was not satisfied with having her remov her Niqab. It was reported by the eyewitnesses that he went as far as insulting her appearance with these disgraceful words, "So if you were even a little beautiful, what would you have done then?”. The eyewitnesses also reported that he said, "“I have already told you that the Niqab has absolutely nothing to do with the religion, and it is something that is from custom!”. Finally, he finished his abuse with more equally disgraceful insults, “and I know the religion better than you, and those who gave birth to you (i.e., your parents).”

Now, even if some of you may dispute the authenticity of those words, can we not at least agree that ordering her to remove her Niqab was a wrong act in the first place? Simple question: was the Sheikh right or wrong to order her to remove her face veil? If the Pope did a similar thing to a nun, would the Catholic faith followers not have the right to be outraged about his conduct? Indeed, the Sheikh transgressed his Islamic, Human and all civilised obligations in forcing a non-mahram female to remover her Niqab. We can give a scholar the benefit of the doubt when he slips up once. What excuse can there be for a scholar who is constantly being reported to have transgressed on the rights that non Mahram Muslim women have over him? What excuse is there for a scholar who continuously tries to force his liberal opinions on others and makes what Allah and his prophet have made forbidden halal? It was only a few years ago when our sister Yvonne Ridley was part of a delegation who went to meet the said Sheikh. Yvonne refused to shake his extended hand. In his typical manner, Sheikh Al Azhar was upset at the fact that some Muslim Women had chosen to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad and disobey his Hosni Mobarak version of Islam. So she claimed that he insulted her with the following words, ""Who is teaching her? She can shake my hand, why she is like my daughter. This is the problem with Muslims in Europe today, they listen to extreme voices."

As for those who said every Muslim should be concerned with his affair and leave Allah to judge others, these are indeed words of Xaq (truth) and, believe me, I am not enjoying bringing the many errors of a great Alim to the public. Having said that, unfortunately, our brother Ngonge is using this concept in the wrong context and thus they became devoid of truth. Of course, I am responsible for my actions. My sins are large and wide as the oceans. I fear to stand before Allah. I fear of being a hypocrite. But this does mean that every man should lock himself up in a box, stand by idly when the religion is being mocked, when Muslims are being attacked on the streets, when a scholar is blessing this crusade, and when the Hijab and Niqab are being banned left, right and centre. We are only criticising these scholars because they are bringing their errors to public and then attempting to make it a new religion I sin, yet I do not encourage others to openly sin. I may make an abundance of errors, but I do not make my errors, fears and personal prejudices into actions, which are part of the Shariah. I make errors, but I will never support the anti Islamic Governments legislations, which forbids Muslim women to practice their religion.

Therefore, when a scholar takes such actions, we reserve the right to criticise him, as he has betrayed the Ummah and sideded with the enemies of Islam. It is not befitting of a true Muslim to stay silent on such issue and every person has an obligation to forbid the evil and enjoin the good, each according to his own ability

Today, the issue of Niqab and Hijab is not an issue that you can choose to take a neutral stance on. It is something that affects every single Muslim with Iman in the West, and whether you like it or not, it is an issue of right versus wrong. If you want to pretend it does not, then, fine, go and tend to your affairs. However, do not try to inject the needles of carelessness in those of us who have spoken on this matter. I cannot for one moment buy this feeble argument of yours, which says the layman cannot criticise scholars when they take sides against the interests of the Muslims in our every day issues.

Are you saying the poor, defenceless Muslim women- who were prevented from entering the university campuses and from studying in one Egyptian university, purely because they were wearing Niqab cannot criticise the position of Tantawi who was a major catalyst for the ban?

Are you saying Sister Yvonne Ridley cannot criticise Tantawi and his likes, even though he tried to make her shake his hand and accused her of being an "extremist"? You want to silence her because she is a laywoman, no? Are you saying a Muslim woman in France cannot criticise Tantawi for supporting the Hijab ban in France. Singapore?

Yet, on the other hand, when a "zealot", a “ radical", a "xawayan" and a "extremist" Sheikh says something unpopular to the Western world or something that goes to your against your tastes, every single person on this forum reserves the right to ridicule him and call him all kinds of names? Where is the justice?

Love them or Loath them, The Fatwa’s of Alazhar are monitored across the world and they the impact the lives of many Muslims (male or female). It was only one day after Tantawi's actions that the Italian party proposed to ban the Niqab:

"MP Barbara Saltamartini, of the People of Freedom, said:’ banning the burqa can not be considered anti-Muslim because wearing it is not obligatory in Islam.

'The Imam of Al-Azhar University in Cairo, the highest authority in Sunni Islam, has just stated unequivocally that Muslim women have the right to their own identity and that the burqa is not part of Muslim tradition".

Therefore, as you can see- the likes of Tantawi and Ahmed Al tayeb are the ammunition and the Sheikhs that give blessing to the actions of Singapore, Egypt to a lesser extent, France and Italy when they want to prevent Muslim women from exercising their Islamic rights. When My Muslim sister, my cousin, my auntie, is prohibited from wearing the Niqab/Hijab, in whatever country is next and the likes of Tantawi and Tayeb are used as justification, I hope you people will not tell me to keep silent.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

It appears that some people are still using the smokescreen of the proposed Niqab Ban only affecting all female institutions as an excuse for the late Tantawi and his ilk. This is merely a weak and feeble defence of someone who committed a great crime against Muslim women. It is a clear case of defending the indefensible.

"Some people" are me, Karl. War miyad iga baqaysa dee? What's this some people nonsense? :D

I have one question for you people: when did the Sheikh suddenly become a woman? One should have their facts ready before they lunge into any debate. For your information, the young girl in question does not even wear the Niqab when she is with other Muslim females. She only adorned herself with the Niqab because Sheikh Tantawi and his entourage, who just happen to be members of the male race- btw, entered the building. The eyewitnesses reported that her teachers explained this issue to the Sheikh. However, he was not satisfied with having her remov her Niqab. It was reported by the eyewitnesses that he went as far as insulting her appearance with these disgraceful words, "So if you were even a little beautiful, what would you have done then?”. The eyewitnesses also reported that he said, "“I have already told you that the Niqab has absolutely nothing to do with the religion, and it is something that is from custom!”. Finally, he finished his abuse with more equally disgraceful insults, “and I know the religion better than you, and those who gave birth to you (i.e., your parents).”

The girl who you are saying is a mahram was a child. You give the accounts of eye witnesses and I gave you the words of the Sheikh himself. Again, I ask you to put your anger aside and tell me who should I side with? Waxa la yedhi or someone i hor taagan and explaining himself clearly? Give him the benefit of the doubt, dammit.

Now, even if some of you may dispute the authenticity of those words, can we not at least agree that ordering her to remove her Niqab was a wrong act in the first place? Simple question: was the Sheikh right or wrong to order her to remove her face veil? If the Pope did a similar thing to a nun, would the Catholic faith followers not have the right to be outraged about his conduct? Indeed, the Sheikh transgressed his Islamic, Human and all civilised obligations in forcing a non-mahram female to remover her Niqab.

We can give a scholar the benefit of the doubt when he slips up once. What excuse can there be for a scholar who is constantly being reported to have transgressed on the rights that non Mahram Muslim women have over him? What excuse is there for a scholar who continuously tries to force his liberal opinions on others and makes what Allah and his prophet have made forbidden halal?

Excuse? The girl was a CHILD. (I am not using my words, I am using the sheikh's words).

It was only a few years ago when our sister Yvonne Ridley was part of a delegation who went to meet the said Sheikh. Yvonne refused to shake his extended hand. In his typical manner, Sheikh Al Azhar was upset at the fact that some Muslim Women had chosen to follow the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad and disobey his Hosni Mobarak version of Islam. So she claimed that he insulted her with the following words, ""Who is teaching her? She can shake my hand, why she is like my daughter. This is the problem with Muslims in Europe today, they listen to extreme voices."

I'll ignore the fact that you (ironically) used the words she claimed and will only remind you that we did not hear the sheikh's version of events here. Give him the benefit of the doubt, dammit.

As for those who said every Muslim should be concerned with his affair and leave Allah to judge others, these are indeed words of Xaq (truth) and, believe me, I am not enjoying bringing the many errors of a great Alim to the public.

War ana idhi dee. Maxaad sinka o taagaysa? I am NGONGE not 'those' wax yaho walan. :D

Having said that, unfortunately, our brother Ngonge is using this concept in the wrong context and thus they became devoid of truth. Of course, I am responsible for my actions. My sins are large and wide as the oceans. I fear to stand before Allah. I fear of being a hypocrite. But this does mean that every man should lock himself up in a box, stand by idly when the religion is being mocked, when Muslims are being attacked on the streets, when a scholar is blessing this crusade, and when the Hijab and Niqab are being banned left, right and centre.

You're mixing your battles, adeer. Sarkozy is still alive. Hosni is recovering from an operation. All those that mock, insult and attack Islam are still there. Kuwa ku ciil bax and leave the scholars alone (even if you think they are wrong). Yet, I still say you are wrong for displaying all this empty anger. Islam is not a football team. You can't keep sacking the 'managers', adeer.

We are only criticising these scholars because they are bringing their errors to public and then attempting to make it a new religion I sin, yet I do not encourage others to openly sin. I may make an abundance of errors, but I do not make my errors, fears and personal prejudices into actions, which are part of the Shariah. I make errors, but I will never support the anti Islamic Governments legislations, which forbids Muslim women to practice their religion.

When I go to the doctor and he tells me that I have cancer, I seek a second opinion (from a second doctor) I do not go to Khayer (who is not a doctor as far as I know) and ask him for his Xabba sood mix, adeer. Since you do not have the level of knowledge of these scholars and do not know (beyond a shadow of a doubt) if their fatwas are acceptable, I think you should hold your tongue and stop badmouthing the scholars (all of the scholars, those you like and those you don't).

Therefore, when a scholar takes such actions, we reserve the right to criticise him, as he has betrayed the Ummah and sideded with the enemies of Islam. It is not befitting of a true Muslim to stay silent on such issue and every person has an obligation to forbid the evil and enjoin the good, each according to his own ability

You don't have the ability, adeer. And by shouting from the rooftops about things you are not qualified to talk about you are showing a lack of respect for your own faith. Not to mention eating the flesh of your fellow Muslims (you do regard these scholars as still Muslim, I hope).

Today, the issue of Niqab and Hijab is not an issue that you can choose to take a neutral stance on. It is something that affects every single Muslim with Iman in the West, and whether you like it or not, it is an issue of right versus wrong. If you want to pretend it does not, then, fine, go and tend to your affairs. However, do not try to inject the needles of carelessness in those of us who have spoken on this matter. I cannot for one moment buy this feeble argument of yours, which says the layman cannot criticise scholars when they take sides against the interests of the Muslims in our every day issues.

I know you can't (buy this argument). I suspect that you will not but I hope you do. Eveyrthing else you wrote is stuff and nonsense. It is manly anger and the 'us' against 'them' playground confrontations. I'd rather talk about football to be honest.

Are you saying the poor, defenceless Muslim women- who were prevented from entering the university campuses and from studying in one Egyptian university, purely because they were wearing Niqab cannot criticise the position of Tantawi who was a major catalyst for the ban?

Yes I am. They can ask for an explanation and if they don't like it they can choose to go to other schools. Sheikh Al Azhar (using his experince and knowledge) has issued a fatwa regarding the place he heads. Poor and defenceless women don't come into it.

Are you saying Sister Yvonne Ridley cannot criticise Tantawi and his likes, even though he tried to make her shake his hand and accused her of being an "extremist"? You want to silence her because she is a laywoman, no? Are you saying a Muslim woman in France cannot criticise Tantawi for supporting the Hijab ban in France. Singapore?

Ms Ridley is a new convert, saaxib. She is in no position to criticise anyone. The women in France (mostly) ignored the Fatwa. I am saying stop badmouthing the scholars, dammit.

Yet, on the other hand, when a "zealot", a “ radical", a "xawayan" and a "extremist" Sheikh says something unpopular to the Western world or something that goes to your against your tastes, every single person this forum reserves the right to ridicule him and call him all kinds of names? Where is the justice?

Who is the "zealot" you speak about? Give names adeer. Unless it is you, Kashafa and Khayr that you mean by 'zealots'. Then, yes, I will mock you and tell you that you are wrong. I will do it to your face, saaxib. But when you die, I will pray for you and let it go. War I'll even pray for Bin Laden if he happens to die tomorrow.

Wado khalad bad ku jirta ee ka so noqo saaxib. I maqal oo ka so noqo, nin fiican bad tahay.

Love them or Loath them, The Fatwa’s of Alazhar are monitored across the world and they the impact the lives of many Muslims (male or female). It was only one day after Tantawi's actions that the Italian party proposed to ban the Niqab:

"MP Barbara Saltamartini, of the People of Freedom, said:’ banning the burqa can not be considered anti-Muslim because wearing it is not obligatory in Islam.

'The Imam of Al-Azhar University in Cairo, the highest authority in Sunni Islam, has just stated unequivocally that Muslim women have the right to their own identity and that the burqa is not part of Muslim tradition".

The gaalo use the fatwas that they like whenever such fatwas meet their needs. So when Tantawi gives a fatwa on the niqab in France they think it's good and praise him for it. When he gives a fatwa that does not meet their approval they go back to their 'all muslims are terrorists' cries. Adigu why care about what the gaalo say? Are you not a Muslim? Do you not regard Sheikh Tantawi as a Muslim (despite all the reservations you have about him?) where is the mercy and love then? Mese "ruxa'maa'o baynahom" only applies to those that agree with your stance only?

Therefore, as you can see- the likes of Tantawi and Ahmed Al tayeb are the ammunition and the Sheikhs that give blessing to the actions of Singapore, Egypt to a lesser extent, France and Italy when they want to prevent Muslim women from exercising their Islamic rights. When My Muslim sister, my cousin, my auntie, is prohibited from wearing the Niqab/Hijab, in whatever country is next and the likes of Tantawi and Tayeb are used as justification, I hope you people will not tell me to keep silent.

Look here. You have two choices. Either go study the deen and become the Sheikh Of Al Azhar yourself (or Om Al Qora Uni). Or, leave Islam alone and make your struggle a political one instead (there is even communists fighting against the hijab ban). If you choose to do neither, just leave the scholars alone warya.

NGONGE   

I'm still awake and thought I'll send this to Kashafa...

الرّأيُ قَبلَ شَجاعةِ الشّجْعانِ هُوَ أوّلٌ وَهيَ المَحَلُّ الثّاني

فإذا همَا اجْتَمَعَا لنَفْسٍ حُرّةٍ بَلَغَتْ مِنَ العَلْياءِ كلّ مكانِ

وَلَرُبّما طَعَنَ الفَتى أقْرَانَهُ بالرّأيِ قَبْلَ تَطَاعُنِ الأقرانِ

لَوْلا العُقولُ لكانَ أدنَى ضَيغَمٍ أدنَى إلى شَرَفٍ مِنَ الإنْسَانِ

وَلما تَفَاضَلَتِ النّفُوسُ وَدَبّرَتْ أيدي الكُماةِ عَوَاليَ المُرّانِ

Naden   

^ :D

Karl, you think that an admonishment against the niqab is ' a great crime against Muslim women ' when there are millions of Muslim women struggling with inheritance, divorce, custody, violence, discrimination, and dispossession issues?

A true sign of the moral and ethical bankruptcy of this wretched ummah, discussing a silly garment that wouldn't have seen the light of day had the white man not dug up some oil in an otherwise barren land. Hope your tableeq mentors are instructing you in something more worthwhile.