Sign in to follow this  
Polanyi

Ahmed el Tayeb: new head of Alazhar.

BUKURR   

.. making fun of 'Islamic prescription'. Alright, to me it is not ISLAMIC if it does not sides with my choice, I know that's my interpretation, and didn't ask for any one's input. I also happen to know what the word 'Muslim' means, Arabic is my first language.

Going back to the issue, I am a firm supporter of veil-free Muslim women, now am not referring to the Niqaab thing, those wearing the latter one should work for the special task police forces because they're already dressed and probably equipped with the necessary instruments of destruction.

PS. I wanna know your name, not your son's yabu Salman.

Castro   

^^^^ Kick his culo. lool.

Originally posted by Naden:

quote:Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Any individual with an ounce of intelligence and the layman of this religion will tell you that Niqab has many evidences.

Provide one.
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock......

Maaddeey   

Ngonge, good sermon, Ilaahey kheyr ha kaa abaal mariyo, lakin qofki qalad sameeya, regardless of his intnention waa la sheegayaa qaladkiisa, of course-billatii hiya axsan-.

This took place from Mecca all the way to Merca.

Why is it I get irritated when I listen to Nur, Kashafa or Khayer but I am more than happy to listen to Maaddeey?

The 1st quote made me smile, the next one thinking!

Abtigiis   

I don't know much about these islamic debates. I am one of those people who takes the interpretations of shiekhs who I think are educated. Markaa hadaan wax qaldo, ha la ii dulqaato.

But having read what Ngonge wrote and what Abu-S replied, I tend to agree with Ngonge that all are a matter of interpretations. What Abu-S said in no way invalidates the point Ngonge made about fatwa's being made by Sheikhs using they head. All the evidences Abu-S provided refer to either a Fatwa or an inductive reasoning of if that and that is part of the body, then this and this should be covered.

Whatever the case, I will hardly bring myself to accpet that women should cover their face. It is not practical.

Ngonge impressed me today, and I think he should go out of the one line mocking statements and impart his knowledge on a regular basis:

Today, we have internet, we have satellite TV, we have books and we have mullahs by the ton. Fatwas are being made left, right and centre. People ask about all manner of things and they all want to know if wearing pink socks is halal if you’re a man (considering that, culturally, pink is associated with females) or if driving a car is haram for a woman (going from the idea that motorcars are a manly pursuit). Some ask if eating a chicken that occasionally ventures into a pigsty is halal or slaughtering a goat that used to be owned by a Jew is haram! The mullahs in their turn have to answer these questions and make sense of events, situations and foolishness that some of their predecessors did not have to deal with. They use their logic, knowledge and quiyas to reach acceptable fatwas. Some (probably) get it right and some (probably) don’t. But regardless of the rightness or wrongness of these fatwas, they still remain the opinions of these mullahs and no person is obliged to take them. I, for instance, refuse to take Al Shabab’s fatwa as to the ridda of Sheikh Sharif’s government (though I do not support Sheikh Sharif).

However, I am still puzzled and still have doubts (what if I am wrong?). Yet, I go back to my early Islamic education and remember all the sweet words of my religious teachers. I remember the proud stories of Islamic fotooxat. I remember the stories of early Islam and how the prophet used to send his companions with some Bedouins to teach them about the faith. Yet, in those stories, I am sure I’ve read that some of the companions only knew a couple of chapters of the quran. What in the world did they do when the Bedouins (and for that read: geel jires’) started asking them about the permissibility of eating the earlier chicken that had a penchant for frolicking in pigsties? When Ali Bin Abi Talib fought against the Nabi’s wife, did they call each other murtads? Why not? If yes, which side was? How about Bani Ommaya and their Khilafa? Are they like Hosni Mubarak today and will future generations sing the laughing cow’s praises and talk about how he helped spread Islam (albeit unintentionally)? These are only few questions that cross my mind every time I try to judge current events (I suppose, technically, you would say I am trying to refer to the Salaf and what they did in their time before making a decision).

Aniga iyo Ngonge isku meel bay noo maraysaa. Duul culumo qastaan nahay. Last week, the same sheik who took me to a Chinese Restaruant and ate there himself, told me not to eat (I called him while ordering food and wanted to show my Afghani friend inuu xalaal yahay) because 'the license of the suppliers of meat to that chinese restaurant have since been revoked'. Maxaan ka ogahay in laalush sheikha loo diiday oo deedna License'gii uu revoke gareeyey. Way na wareeriyeen.

Karl, isaga wixiisu waa dagaal iyo Alshabab style balaxoofto. Sheikh dhan oo Tafsiir books ayuu ku leeyahay he is wrong, on the basis of his google searchs about niqaab.

NO NIQAAB.

Al-Azhar is not a religious body anymore. It has been politicized and manipulated by Egypt's secular leaders .........................

NGONGE   

^^ The same thing is being said about some Somali scholars. The same thing is being said about the Saudi scholars. Hadaad yara sugtid waxad maqli doonta "Al qaacida/Al Shabab is not a religious group any more. it has been politicised and manipulated by the desires of revenge and hawa". :D

Get to the bottom of this, saaxib. The whole faith has been politicised. Anigu miskeen ba i hor taagan, ibnu el sabeel ba igu dhul warigaya, du el qorba ban khatyaan ka jooga, yateem ba i ag oyaaya, salaad ba la iga sugaya, quraan aanaan kor ka wada hayn ban isleeyahay xafid, uuf ban aabo ku edhi, bax ayaan hoyo o raaciyaay, markan socdo wan is ilaawa oo anigu mokhtaalan fakhooran ba meelaha la igu arka, dadkaan marmar xanta, qaarna naaneesyo xun ban ogo yeedha, dumarka markay i ag maraan wan khaawisa, ragga wan la murma, zakkada markan bixiyo ayaan haddana ilaawa oo is waydiiya 'talow ma bixisay?', kaa-di-moon al ghayd markaan ku biiray ayaa calool xanuun igu dheceen markasaan maskiin ku ceel baxay. Sigaarkan cabba. Barrigan qurbaha ku cusba Burger King ban wax ka cunay. Marks & Spencer ban nigisyada ka iibsada. Gaalada ban kubbad la ciyaari jiray. Jaarkaygo wa Yehoodi, homosexual ba xafiiska yaga ka shaqiiya. Been ban marmar sheega, caadifad ba iga buuxda, fad-daan ghaleeda al qalbi na marmarna wan noqda. Marka maxa iga galay politicised Azhar ama manipulated Islam? So Allah ma odhan 'inna laho la xaafidoon'? Dee Allah o daya oo tiina ka adkaada, jaahilkaad tihiin cuna.

Malika   

Ngonge,you have out done yourself,I loved the honesty in what you wrote,intaa aanaan qof kale wax kaa sheego taydaa miyaan kaa war haya?

"The day on which a man shall fly from his brother,and his mother and his father,and his spouse and his son-- Every man of them shall on that day have an affair which will occupy him" [surah Abasa]

The affair would be the 'self' and what the 'self' has brung forward with him upon meeting his creator.

Polanyi   

JZK@ Ngonge that was indeed a thought provoking post. But I still feel, in some areas, you are like a man trying to fit a tyre into the wrong car.

Will get back to the points Ngonge and the rest made.

Khayr   

Marka maxa iga galay politicised Azhar ama manipulated Islam?

Ngonge,

If your child had a new teacher today - would you care as to who that new teacher was? Why they have a new teacher in the middle of the school year? what is their background?

How about a new principal during the middle of the school year?

For the muslims, a ruling or print out from Al-Azhar carries alot of weight because it is deemed as thee premier and oldest islamic institution in the world. Such an institution being corrupted and government appointed 'Heads' of that institution, does a diservice to muslims and the deen. It is because of its influence on the muslim ummah (excluding yourself and the other immigrants who have an idealogical allegiance to the liberal world) that such a position holds weight and the egyptian gov. appoints, agenda approved, moderate pupils to such an esteemed position.

So I care and other muslims care who still have an islamic identity and personality.

NGONGE   

^^ It all boils down to an "Islamic identity and personality"? :D

War adigu iska hayso your identity and personality. I am a Muslim, it's a fact, and it's not an identity, personality or reer hebel thing. I do not treat my faith like a football team that I support when they score and condemn when they miss or appoint a rubbish manager.

Al-Azhar indeed caries a lot of weight and it is not for me to judge them or decide on their fatwas. If I like/agree with it, I take it. If I disagree or feel uncomfortable with it (because other scholars dismissed it) I let it go. I do not try to tell people who are more knowledgeable than me how to do their jobs, saaxib. AND I do not badmouth them just because qabqablayaasha said it's the done thing.

P.S.

The child is my responsibility, Islam is NOT.

Khayr   

Marka maxa iga galay
politicised Azhar ama
manipulated Islam?

The child is my responsibility, Islam is NOT

Islam is not your interest or on your shortlist. Got it! Thanks for the update! ;)