Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Salaan...

That figure above is from the United Nation's projected study on Soomaali women birth fertility, from 2000. The report, as it was wrote, predicted correctly.

The figure, 7.25, regards the average children Soomaali women have in their lifetime, most of them in Soomaaliya we assume, the second highest. There are other current reports as well, and all give Soomaaliya on second or third spot, some giving the figure to eight children per woman.

No wonder with all these diseases, starvation, war, drought, poverty, expired medicines sold at markets, lack of clean water and other calamities, neverthelees, we are still a nation that grows, the nation as recently as 2002 being rated having the highest birth rate.

That perception of most Soomaali fathers aiming to have a full 'football team' family might have been correct after all. If I take a closer look at my own family background: My own mother had 10 children. My eedo, from the other bah, had 12 children. My habaryar has 12 as well. A brother and a sister both have eight apiece, and continuing; another sister with seven and counting. Seven or eight, it seems, is the aimed number nowadays.

Masha'Allah to your family,

I,myself am the only daughter amongst 4 brothers and at times I wish I had less and other times I wish I had more.

I love the way there is always someone to turn to in times of trouble when you have a big family.Alxamdulilaah.

I am in love with the idea of having many kids, even if that costs the wellbeing of my wife for marrying other women than her, to meet the 20+ number of kids I have in mind. A house full of kids and buuq iyo qeylo would give me large scale tranquility and confidence as a true Somali.

Actually, that question is too reflective on a person,(Caano Geel), who worries about the duties of Allah, (swt), who is there to feed, cloth, educate ulimitedly, as though we can be the reasons, but HE is the prime sustainer for all our needs. By grasping that concept, you would halt to reason the way the non-muslims attempt to pre-calculate the sustenance for a forthcoming child.

That is why, I guess, they believe in Life Insurance.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

No wonder with all these diseases, starvation, war, drought, poverty, expired medicines sold at markets, lack of clean water and other calamities, neverthelees, we are still a nation that grows, the nation as recently as 2002 being rated having the
birth rate.

Highest birth rate, yes. Somalia also has one of the highest infant mortality rate. A significant number of those children never make it to their 5th birthday let alone adulthood.

Divine checks and balances. You'll find that countries with high infant mortality rates also have correspondingly high birth rates. What else can mothers do to ensure their children's survival? Have as many as possible and see how many make it to adulthood, I guess.

Heartbreaking.

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

^^By taking a life insurance, it presumes that somebody is in state of fragile confidence and moral crisis.
icon_razz.gif

Still beats being your kid. 104.gif

NGONGE   

I reject all these statistics. They’ve got the wrong number. Wrong number I tell you.

All Somalis already know that the correct number (magic number if you like) is 4.5!

Carry on..

Divine checks and balances. You'll find that countries with high infant mortality rates also have correspondingly high birth rates. What else can mothers do to ensure their children's survival? Have as many as possible and see how many make it to adulthood, I guess.

still clan wars claim many more..

Dube madaxa waa iskala dhacdaa, daa'in abidkeede

Dadka kama yaraateene, intaa waa is dabarjaraysaaye

--Abdilahi Suldaan Timocade

Curling Athena:

That you rely on Insurance for risk assurances, I rely on Allah by doing my best to marry as much wives as possible for the multiplication of my self and family. Now, I can only help you if you mean to join the family willingly, by taking the third seat, before another girl arrogates.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Curling Athena:

Is that who that is?Ok,i was wondering...

7 curling waterfalls of 9 IPods.