Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

wHaT dO yOu GuYs ThInK oF iNtEr-RaCiAl ReLaTiOnShIpS?

LuCkY   

To Abdulraheem:

i appreciate your honesty brother and i understand why you feel the way you do.but to be honest with you; if i did see a fine somali brother with a non-somali girl i would not be prejudice and say why is he with her and so on. remember though that being physically attractive plays a small part in a relationship of any sort, he maybe more compatiable with a non-somali girl than a somali girl. so i am not against inter-racial marriages so long as the person is muslim that is all that matters(in my opion)and not their skin color or racial background, because all that is going to be overlooked when our time comes, our fate is all that is going to matter like sister LATEAFHA.

Miriam1   

Salam

:rolleyes: How typical ballerz, its okay for you but not your sis :rolleyes:

Personally, I am not against the idea of inter-racial marriage or dating, do whatever your heart desires. But i dont find my self ever doing it. I might say that a asia, white or black american guy is cute , but to say " I see myself with him, as my husband" thats a NO NO NO. Because a marriage union is not only made with the reasoning " iam madly inlove with u" but it has to be logical, do i have commmon beliefs, cultural background, family values etc. Its a big factor that i believe a couple should have in common them coming from the same culture/race.

Oh a note, i think that the only reason a person should date is if they believe that this realtionship is going to lead to a marriage union other wise tis a stupid waste of your time.

My family actually accepts inter-racial marriage if the man is muslim, my sister is married to an arab man (syrian) and i think my brother is serious about the yemeni girl he is dating lol i hope they tie the not.

Peace ( i love my somali men pure and simple)

I have to be honest here and raise my hand up and say am disapponted @ the vast majority of my nomads here. But for a few wise ppl most of u have contradicted urself and not made much sense @ all.

Surely the real question that this topic poses is whether we are ready to move on as a peopel and embrase the people and other cultures of muslims form other countries that are abundant in our communities.

I have taken Inter-racial relationships to meaning inter-racial marriages, coz lets face it the first one alot of somali's are doing already.

The second one however. To me, and am being total honest here, i would have no problem, indeed i would be vey happy for my sister if she met a good muslim guy, (whether he be Black white asain oriental etc etc) who she wanted for her self as a husban, and him her for a wife.

I think we are too caught up in our one little world of fantansy in presuming that the only good partner for us are or should be somalians.

Lets be relastic we live in a multicultural sociecy with muslims from many nations. So if we cannot find a suitable somali spouse for ourself for whatever reason then the is plenty of other opptunity out there for a relationship with other non somali muslims.

Paragon   

If i were to cross over to other races, I would be glad to hook up with a Marxist sister. It don't matter if she is chinese or russian, so long as she is a communist. And also an ecologist. Just kidding ofcourse - I love the Somali sister i see.

-------

Don't let the old destroy the world for the young - I hate the old.

My opinion is, If it makes you happy, go for it!

You only live once...and you shouldn't limit or short-change yourself....just as long as y'all share the same beliefs and values.

Personally, I am a moslim...and I believe in marrying a moslim guy....now if we are talking about race, then I can have whatever preference I choose.

As far as I am concerned.....U only get 1 shot at life & I suggest u live your life according to your Rules.

Frankly speaking I am not held back by the "what will the soceity say" mentality. Allah SWT is the only thing I have on my mind... And as long as the Person is a Moslem, to heck with it man, go for it.

This is the funny Part though....((I love contradicting myself)) smile.gif Im too selfish to even consider giving myself to a man outside my nationality... Yaab Badanaa. I feel I owe it to myself & to my future cubs to be with a Somali Man... xx xx xx xx