Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

wHaT dO yOu GuYs ThInK oF iNtEr-RaCiAl ReLaTiOnShIpS?

sMiLeY   

i would never marry someone who's not somali for my own reasons. i would want a guy who shares the same culture a guy who can teach my kids somali.........BUT that's only for myself .....i wouldn't care if others marry non-somalis......infact i have a lot of cousin who married white-muslim men and women...... i respect their choice and i have all the respect to their spouses.

Well i agree with what Cambaro Luul said, and yeah i know a women that lives my state having the same problem. Her husband is rich and they have a son, but when ever she tries to help her family out, he be like nuh shuuriyaako. He says that he will save the money for his son.

So as for me is big no no no for different race...

As pretty boy said it "BIRDS THAT HAVE THE SAME FEATHERS FLOCK TOGETHER"

peace.

Hibo   

salaam ya'll, i'm new in here so don't give me hard time about what i'm about to say...aight?

I would say It kinda depends on ur family ur believes and values when it comes to any racial related issues. Over the years, i saw second cousins marry and divorce within several months only cuzz they thought since they were related that they would understand each other or cuzz they were forced into the marriage to begin with. I also saw somali sisers/brothers leading happy life with people from other natiolities, though their skin looks different or they speak different languages in some cases, they do understand each other and they share common goals and that is really what matters;they respect each other.

Of course as some of you mentioned, a lot of somalis are judgemental including me, but if you really love that person and serious about them my opinion or anyone else's opinion shouldn't matter to you. Of course the family is another matter, but you could always convince them without that woman or man at your side you would lose ur mind...they will come around in time....like they say...every wound heals with time.

I hope i was some help,

God bless ya all

Q

Paragon   

Dear Author,

Are you asking me whether i'd like to date a non-Somali or Marrying a non-Somali?

If your aim of this thread was to ask the first question, then, i must state that i have already dated non-Somalis, and as far as the second question is concerned: NO and I am not thinking of it. I am not planning to marry or spend my time with a non-Somali female. I donnot intend to marry a non-Somali girl whether she'd be a muslim or not. My wife has to be a Somali female who speaks the same words that i speak, and who understands my position in the community I am living in. there is a compulsary duty upon my shoulders to pass the Somali tradition and Culture to my offsprings, and to achieve that I need a woman who knows her culture, religion and her duties as a wife.

PS: I am not against Inter-racial marriages, it is just that i am insearch of pure Somali kids ;)

Rahima   

Inter-racial marriages are fine by me so long as the families are happy. I think it is unfair for us to introduce into our families people who do speak our language nor understand language, especially if our parents do not speak theirs. However, if the families are satisfied with it, then i see no problem with it.

HOWEVER, in regards to myself i can never contemplate the thought of ever marrying a non-Somali man. It has absolutely nothing to with my family, it is a personal choice i have made for the fact that i know it is in my best interests. I want someone that will understand me fully and who will inshallah return back home someday and not have any difficulties in assimilating with the culture.

Anyway, the Scholars of Islam recommend that we marry spouses from the same background as we are. Not just Somali, but if we have grown up in the west, then they recommend we marry a Somali that has also grown up in the west, because there is a better chance that we will understand one another.

i would agree with the vast majority of the responses in that so long as the person ur seeking to have the relationship is muslim, and ur seeking to get married then inshallah there shouldnt be a problem. However pp are misguided fools unfortunately and when it comes to selecting someone for future companionship it seems religion is the last factor that is taken into consideration. Good looks, money etc etc are the factors that partner hunters look out for most.

so i would say it doenst matter who u marry so long as ur marrying a mulsim, and a true muslim @ that.

where as the parents will scorn any of the child who marries someone there disprove off, and no parents disaprove of so many ppl quite like somali parents. Even if the chilidren have found themsleves a good muslim partner if the guy/girl is not the smae Qabill NO. If his adoon (Black african etc etc) NO, CDAAN No. as if we are a special ppl or something

Haaruun   

How does it look to you when your MOM can't even have a conversation with your lovely nonsomali muslim mate?? Sign language ain't enough for this kind of situation.

LuCkY   

you know what i agree and understand with all of your replies. i mean if you don't ask questions like i did, then it is hard to see and fully understand what the other person's opinion on a certain situation is. i have seen and i know people who married outside somalian race. and i just wanted to find out how you guys responded. people around them act weird and they make it obvious. and i personally am a very open minded person so i like to ask questions and get feedbacks on them, so that i might gain some new knowledge. thanks for your time and your replies they were very thoughtful and reasonable

peace!!!

HEY LUCKY INTERESTING TOPIC HERE. AS TO MY POSITION ON INTERACIAL RELATIONSHIP I SUPPORT IT WHOLE HEARTLY. MY OWN AUNT MARRIED A MUSLIM EUROPEAN GUY AND THEY BEEN MARRIED FOR 15 YRS OR SO AND HE IS AN AWSOME GUY. HE HAD SUPPORTED HER WHEN SHE WANTED TO HELP HER FAMILY OUT AND EVEN TO THIS DAY. HE ACTUALLY SAYS THAT HE LEAVES HIS COUNTRY THE ONLY HE WOULD MOVE TO WOULD BE "SOMALI". I JUST BELIEVE THAT HUMAN RACE WITH IT'S DIVERSITY CAN NOT JUST NOW BEGIN TO SAY STICK TO YOUR OWN KIND, SO IF SOME WOMAN OR A GUY FROM A DIFFERENT REACE OR COUNTRY UNDERSTANDS U BETTER THAN UR OWN KIND HELL WHY NOT AS LONG AS THEY ARE MUSLIM LIKE YOU.

PEACE.

Nice   

The answer is simple, let love rule, I mean if u in love with somebody then Go for it. Who you are plays less roll, so I say to the somalis wake up and show love.

Ps we are all the same.

LuCkY   

to Scorpion_Sista and Nice: i like your insights. its real cool to know that some of us are open minded and want to experience different things. thanks for your replies!

oday   

Asalaamu alaikum;

I dont care what anyone thinks but for me it is a big NO even if she is Miss Whatever Country... the question as to why i have no answer for it. The right-wing political parties say "Put our own people first", there are so many somali girls around so why shall I stepover the border. I was surprised to see a somali women married to a chinese man and another one I heard she is married to a Cosavan guy... I find it very weird, cant those girls find a decent Faarax in their neighbourhood.

macasalaaama

oday

LuCkY   

to Oday: hey um aren't you being prejudice and at the same time judgemental? i don't find a somalian woman that's married to a chinese and or cosavan guy weird as long as he is muslim, that comes first. if she loves him, by all means go ahead and marry him, ain't nothing wrong with that. in my perspective, marrying outside somalian race is all right with me because frankly it is not my decision and i am not going to judge someone because their spouse is a different race. allah said that all his creatures (including humans) are all the same in his eyes, so why should we see it any different?

Lucky, well said sista.

I see nothing wrong with Somalis marrying a non-somali as long as he/she is a muslim!!

As for me, Allah best knows what's in my destiny smile.gif