Sign in to follow this  
LuCkY

wHaT dO yOu GuYs ThInK oF iNtEr-RaCiAl ReLaTiOnShIpS?

LuCkY   

hey nomads, i just want to get your opinion on interracil relationships such marriage and/or dating. i have come across some(somali)people that do not respect a somalian man or woman's spouse that is from another racial background.they treat them as if though they are dirty and not as the true muslims that they are. and guys remember i am only talking about my experiences and that i am not generalizing all somalian people out there as haters towards other racial groups.

what do you guys think.do you support interracial relationships or do you oppose it and state your reason.

Blessed   

I am not exactly sure about your definition of inter-racial, do you mean a different race or a different nationality.

I personally would prefer a Somali brother.

However, I don't see anything wrong with marrying outside of your culture or race as long as he is a muslim. Afterall, muslims are meant to be one , right?

Coming to Somalis , we are a judgemental bunch I must admit. My older sister married a Yemani and people who had no bussiness bugging acted like they were heart broken.. but over the years they got over it.

What I don't really understand is the double standards associated with the issue. A man can marry an alien and no one would pat an eye lid, but for a woman it's a whole different matter. I find that amusing .. I really do smile.gif

nuune   

lucky,first welcome.

to an extent,i got the point of what u talking about.

and i would say:

i wouldn't mind marrying somali lady no matter where and which background she is.

that is all 2 ur answer according 2 me

Samafal   

It is OK for me if the person is Muslim and happy to be with other person , i dont care which backgroung or nationality it really does not matter.

asalaamu calaykum.

Well i don't have problem with inter-racial relatioship, althought i do profer man with the same race as me. As it easy to related to same1 from ur ouw race as all races as different culture. But as long as is MUSLIM and he is following the diin then no problem with his race..

In own family we do have inter-racail marrieges e.g. my sister married white americian man, my counis is married indian women and two my neices are married afr/amercian black men. But they are muslims and it does not matter their race.

It is funny thought how our community is acceptable girl to get married someone who is same qabiil girl, most ppl will not having problem whether he follows the diin or not because the family is happy that their daugther is getting married someone with the same qabiil. But if she said she is gone married someone who is different race but follow the diin verywell is unacceptable to most of our somailia community. And they will referred that person as the 'GAAL'

Goodir   

Well Mmmh.. am I recist if i say this ?

Actualy I don't care what other people do, but for me, I would prefer to marry a woman that i know her family and we known each other for quite a time. Its good and important to marry with the same race, i mean its not obligation and it wont bother me if she is from different race as long as she is Muslim. For all and every thing marriage is not a simple thing to decide it in 1 minute or even hours but it is a life time, i mean a person that gona share life with u for the rest of your life/death.

So everone has the right to think deep and choose Ms/Mr right before u make wrong decision.

am I considered recist for saying saying that?

Thats my 2 honest centz

HONEY-D   

IT'S OK WITH ME IF OTHERS DO IT BUT NOT ME I'VE LIMITED MY CHOICE WHEN IT COMES 2DAT FIELD , I CAN NEVER LQQK NON SOMALI GUY TWICE LET ALONE TALKING 2HIM.

I HOPE I DONT END UP MARRYING 1, :rolleyes: U KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT NABSI, IT DOES EXISTS I'VE SEEN MEMBER OF MY FAMILY MARRYING DA KIND OF PPL (ARABS) THEY USED 2HATE ALTHOUGH THEY'RE LIVING A HAPPY LIFE. smile.gif

Inter-Racial in what way or shape???

Yes, I do date outside my culture but I never dated outside the black race, simple as that.

I don't discriminate and say he is white/hispanic/asian but I am not attracted to any race except black, thats just me. I have tried over N over again but there is just no chemistry!!!

My mother on the other hand, she tends to tease me when I get a phone call and say stuff like "JAREERKA IS ON THE PHONE"??? I mean, she don't mean that in ignorant way, its just to annoy me, but if I were to categorize my entire family, I doubt any of them are racist...

Macalin   

Call me OLD fashioned, call me ARROGANT, heck call me ANYNAME you want..i just dont see meself dating..let aloone marryingf a none somali.

I mean,it just never occured to me..besides i GET ALL THE LOVE FROM MY sweet somali SISTERs!..why "WASTE" on someone else???..

For the rest of yalls, good luck in your search fort divertisty

BIRDS THAT HAVE SAME THE FEATHERS FLOCK TOGETHER!!

Inter-racial dating dating dating dating dating and I say dating as far to my concerns it's aight wit me. But when it comes to commitment and longer term relationship " I SAy HeCk No! Simply because now we are talking about having family and so on.

Ok let me ask you a question to the author or anyone who responded inter-racial marriage is kool with them. What is the ethnicity or the race if an inter-racial couple have a child and do you consider that child's race?

Negotiate while you see $, not when it's dispursed amongst you

Lefty   

When two cultures intermix, it leads to cultural miscegnation. The end result is alwayz negative. Having said that, I don't really have problem those who prefer dating or marrying someone other than their nationality or race. However, sometimes because of wider-range cultural differences, you won't be able to find things you had for granted already. these types of marriages usually suffer not only from the prejudice of others, but also from inherent problems of differences between their respective cultures.

Me...definately nope since I got many xaliimoz surrounding me!

prettyboy

That child is a mix..and he/she would remain to be that way.

Ibtisaam   

Salaam All,

Personally I don't have any problem with others dating outside their race. Aniga Wax ma iga galin, it’s their life, it’s their choice na'mean. As for myself its a big no, no simply because guys from the other race's ma i cajabiyaan :rolleyes: .

Wa salaam

Ariadne   

I think Im the only humanist here well heres is how I define race....human, so if I marry a blue green and god forbid a purple person Im still marrying and or dating in my own race.

HONEY-D   

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY WHICH HAPPENED NOT SO LONG AGO. THERE WAS THIS SOMALI GAL WHO MARRIED 2 AN ENGLISH GUY. ONE DAY HER MOTHER PHONED AND ASKED IF SHE COULD SEND SOME MONEY TO THE FAMILY SINCE THEY WERE LIVING BACK HOME OR KENYA I'M NOT SURE. ANYWAYZ THE DAUGHTER ASSURED THE MOTHER THAT SHE WILL DO WHATEVER SHE CAN 2HELP THEM FINANCIALLY. HER HUSBAND CAME HOME FROM WORK OR SOMETHING AND SHE TOLD ABOUT THE PHONE CALL HOPPING HE WOULD RUSH 2DA BANK AND WITHDRAW SOME CASH, BUT THE ANSWER SHE GOT SHOCKED HER THIS IS WHAT HER HUSBAND ASKED "DOESNT UR MOTHER RECEIVE A PENSION". :confused:

THAT'S WHAT I CALL A (CULTURAL MISCEGNATION) AS LEFTY PUT IT. :rolleyes:

Fuaad   

I agree with Cambaro!

One day or another couples will be confused each other..So why spend the rest of your life thinking and worrying about to say or to do the right thing.

Is better to go after someone who share common things wiht you!.