Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Australian fires toll passes 100

Ibtisam   

The death toll from fires in southern Australia has reached at least 108, the worst in the country's history.

Thousands of firefighters, aided by the army, are battling several major bush fires, and the number of dead is expected to rise as fires are put out.

Arsonists responsible for lighting the fires could be charged with murder, police have said.

Entire towns in Victoria state were destroyed as fires were fanned by extreme temperatures and wind.

Temperatures are dropping now, but officials fear they will not be able to get the fires under control until there is substantial rain.

"We could still have a lot worse," said Sharon Smee of Victoria's Country Fire Authority. "There's still hot spots out there and there's a lot of people who are really exhausted and tired."

'Absolutely horrific'

Firefighters have been battling against what are described as the worst conditions in Victoria's history.

BBC

Wonder if any somalis live in these areas :(

Buuxo   

La Hawla wala quwata ila bilaah.

It's really sad . Bloody Arsonists.

Im not sure of any somali have been affected.It's not likely,as somalis often live in the metropolitan areas.

Intel   

its up to 140 now, shocking stuff.

Ibti i don't think any somalis live there, its a very popular camping areas tho. i was there 4 days earlier. I hope no Somalis were caught in.

0,,6476640,00.jpg

0,,6476590,00.jpg

0,,6476583,00.jpg

0,,6476528,00.jpg

0,,6476513,00.jpg