Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Types of Somali Women and Men

Women

1. The Religious Type - too busy chasing reverts, going to Islamic lectures circuits, has fundamental issues with the religion but too busy pretending to be good. works very hard to learn about Islam. Has abnormally high number of non-Somali friends. usually from Indians sub-continent or Arab female friends. Suppresses all forms of desires. Very judgemental.

2. The Educated Type - too busy celebrating her own greatest but is very insecure deep down. Never shows weakness, willing to try different experiences but is not out of conviction but appeasing 'others' - usually work colleague or school friends. Thinks other Somali men are inferior to her but knows she will end up marrying one of them. lol. :D

3. Xalimo Type - goes on paltalk, has limited gasps of English, doesn’t work, and claims benefits. Waiting to get married. Enjoys watching weddings videos and comments on the dress sense of other people.

Men

1. The relgious Type - has ambitious of dying a martyr, but is so recovered from the battle fields. Indulgences in local mosque talks; though often questioning the validity of the words of the sheikh, compares ideas with friends of similar type. Has visited extremist website at least once. Has taken part in demonstrations against groups seeking to attack Muslims. Rather educated, possibly an engineering/ science graduate. Has a linear way of thinking. Has very high principles.

2. The Educated Type - 'Mr I Am All That' but is living in delusion of nothingness, like his female counterpart, is a practising self-hater. Very Somali in nature, has all the tendencies but is too busy condemning 'his people'. Very removed from Somali society in general. Thinks dating a white chick is the equivalent of moving up the social hierarchy. Very empty inside, very judgemental, very ignorant but usually considered successful by the society in which he lives in.

3. The Faraax Type The most despised of the men. Reminds all people of what they ‘should be’, but didn’t not become. Commands respect in the community due to eloquence of Somali. Has the potential to succeed through his tough attitude but is lazy not by choice but due to lack of opportunites. Regularly chew khat. Good with the ladies. In some cases, still awaiting citizenship.

You cant actually generalize people into categories lol.That is just one narrow minded attitude haha.But hey,since this just a generalization,lets continue from here. I think you forget two categories:-

WOMEN

A-The loose type,they can be seen in night clubs,have low self-steem .

MEN

B-Gangster type,They also frequent jails and are loosers in the true sense of the word.

Originally posted by Eng.Cadde:

WOMEN

A-The loose type,they can be seen in night clubs,have low self-steem .

MEN

B-Gangster type,They also frequent jails and are loosers in the true sense of the word.

sadly true! :(

Sikaawe   

Originally posted by Queen Arawello:

Women

The Religious Type
- too busy chasing reverts, going to Islamic lectures circuits, has fundamental issues with the religion but too busy pretending to be good. works very hard to learn about Islam. Has abnormally high number of non-Somali friends. usually from Indians sub-continent or Arab female friends. Suppresses all forms of desires. Very judgemental.

The Educated Type
- too busy celebrating her own greatest but is very insecure deep down. Never shows weakness, willing to try different experiences but is not out of conviction but appeasing 'others' - usually work colleague or school friends. Thinks other Somali men are inferior to her but knows she will end up marrying one of them. lol.
:D

Xalimo Type
- goes on paltalk, has limited gasps of English, doesn’t work, and claims benefits. Waiting to get married. Enjoys watching weddings videos and comments on the dress sense of other people.

Men

The relgious Type
- has ambitious of dying a martyr, but is so recovered from the battle fields. Indulgences in local mosque talks; though often questioning the validity of the words of the sheikh, compares ideas with friends of similar type. Has visited extremist website at least once. Has taken part in demonstrations against groups seeking to attack Muslims. Rather educated, possibly an engineering/ science graduate. Has a linear way of thinking. Has very high principles.

The Educated Type
- 'Mr I Am All That' but is living in delusion of nothingness, like his female counterpart, is a practising self-hater. Very Somali in nature, has all the tendencies but is too busy condemning 'his people'. Very removed from Somali society in general. Thinks dating a white chick is the equivalent of moving up the social hierarchy. Very empty inside, very judgemental, very ignorant but usually considered successful by the society in which he lives in.

The Faraax Type
The most despised of the men. Reminds all people of what they ‘should be’, but didn’t not become. Commands respect in the community due to eloquence of Somali. Has the potential to succeed through his tough attitude but is lazy not by choice but due to lack of opportunites. Regularly chew khat. Good with the ladies. In some cases, still awaiting citizenship.

Good study and grouping indeed, this also reflects on Somali standard of civilisation that we Somalis reside in the world ranking as people. By the way, if may add as an advice, you must thinking of writing as a career.

^^Thanks!, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to be for a long time. thanks. xxx :D

Originally posted by Archdemos:

just to type-cast yourself, which category do you fit into Queen Arawello
:D

don't really know. I show symptoms of all the categories. lol. what about urselve?

I'm currently unemployed but proud to say I have completed highschool. Naturally, I think Somali men are below me. Where do I belong? :D

RedSea   

This list good, but doesn't quite cover the whole playing field. I do not fit into any of 3.

I'm little bit of all three. Maybe there should be 4th category. :D

Nonetheless good job Arawelo.

i would say group 2 is the closest that best describes me, except I'm more humble don't look down on my fellow Somalis. Honestly I'm not blowing my own trumpet here, but I'm just a swell kinda guy :D