Che -Guevara

Ethiopia:Sidama To Become Regional State

Gurage  don't want a separate kilil at least ginbot7 supporters. Gurage  always follows amxara in their Ethiopiawinet. Agew maybe wants to separate in gojjam.

Gurage were always followers  of saxlesellassie and shewan amxara they followed xayle sellasie. And they always wed their big eyedwoman to amxara nobles and others miniliqs courts judges were all married to gurage and even during xayle sellasie. Gurage is laangaab but they have money. Naagtooda inaykaydhasho waxay ubixiyaan tewerdros tedros girma.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, Holac said:

I have a feeling Abiy Ahmed is paving the way for the break-up of the Somali region. This is a smoke screen to set the stage. 

Saaxiib, ishaad ka tuurtay! 

Abiy’s objective here is to make a muddle of the federal regional system of Ethiopia by encouraging every Tom, Dick and Harry out there, who has the minutest of grievances, to go ahead and setup their own federal state.

For Somali Galbeed in particular, he will attempt to agitate Somali rival clans to pursue their own independent states that will come directly under his regime in Addis Ababa.

Naturally, this will lead to conflict within communities and not to mention— against other communities, and  will lead to chaos, mistrust and instability...Instability, he thinks(sic) he can use to his advantage and help prolong his hold on power long enough to build sufficient wealth and power for him to  subjugate the whole country and rule like one of the kings of yesteryears.

• Like 2

galbeedi   

If the OG boys doesn't change their culture of greed and robbery, the Somali zone will be divided  to three or four zones. In fact, by judging the pulse of the Somalis in the region, almost everyone would welcome a break up.

Lemme meqershe and maxammaf jawar  are pushing  the galla expansion agenda. How ever ina  cagjar  so far he is doing things very slowely  but he needs to watch out the likes of galbeed already want to share and raise the gallaflag in teferiber and harowo. Somalis in kilinka are very divided along regional and tribal lines If we can't share the pie we know the hawd and reserve  area border with  ogaden clan. And I am sure galbeedi already loves sharing seats with gallas. The Jesus clan in shinile are not happy either. We in aware gaashaamo and hartesheik will make then a new capital.  Possibly  harte sheikha  since diredhawe is under special zone.

galbeedi   

Xaaji,

Adinguna ma waxaad bilawday ku qabso ku qadimayside? Gaashaamo  is the larger settlement of the Habro, but it is in Hawd , close to the Burco border, and Harta Sheikh is a village for trades to pass. 

Awbare is the largest district in all of Zone five except Jigjiga and Diridhaba. We will not accept the OG created 70 districts of their own where small wells of 100 people are made districts. Cabdi Illey Edadi meesha ay makhaayad ka furatay Edadii ee geedaka hoosyiisa ayaa degmo noqotay. This people has no shame.

This Cagjar guy might talk Somalinimo, yet he is weak and corrupt. I am not buying the false blue flag he is carrying. I will never accuse Farmaajo of Qabyaalad . He might be weak but not tribal. This Cagjar guy is trying to fool us but we are awake. As they say, “ symbols are intended for the simple minded”. Abiy Ahmed appointment a lady from Caafar community as the Defense minister, Amhara lady as president and a Somali guy as the finance minister. 

This Facebook guy supposed to reform the system and bring Somalis together, yet he keep playing the same  Illey card in different manner. He must disband or reform the old Illey Party rather than surround himself with his tribal henchmen. 

If he doesn’t change and share the pie with others and reform the system, he will be history. Every tribe will create their own Liyu police and clan militias if they keep  their “ Qaadicu Dariiq “ mentality. 

Besides,  Yaa Xaaji, you the Western Jeegaan is only interestted making few dollars from Wajaale and the trade. You do not care about othets. 

• Like 2

Do the opposition (or clans) have a plan of their own that would hold Cagjar aka Abtigiis accountable? Are they simply crying foul? It is easy to oppose but had to come up with solutions,

The Somali way of dealing with problems is to create tribal regions where those problems still exists. Soon, you will have  a new group of people complaining  about those that are running the new regions.

Whether you are in tribal regions or high level, the fact remains a small group will running the show and robbing the place while the general public complains about something that will bring no remedy.

• Like 1

Galbeedi,

Speaking about sharing the pie, how does your average Farax or Xalimo benefit from that? I never understood why Somalis argue if their minister is not in the government or not. As far as I know there is one MJ minister in the federal government, I don't see how his presence there is helping MJs or Puntland? Same goes for everyone. The ministers might get fat but not your average guy. We are focusing on the wrong thing. We need an actual government that can be hold accountable.

How does Awdal benefit from a vice-president position in Hargeisa? Or even where Dahir Riyaale was there? Even among Habro, did your average HJ benefited Siiraanyo's reign. Those around him did but certainly not your average person in Burco.

Of course, government should reflect people that govern but we must not kid ourselves so as to think any minister from any given tribe truly represents the interests of his tribe. We need to be forward thinking and come up with different system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

If the OG boys doesn't change their culture of greed and robbery, the Somali zone will be divided  to three or four zones. In fact, by judging the pulse of the Somalis in the region, almost everyone would welcome a break up.

Bad idea.

The Somali in Ethiopia can only be respected if as a Somali can compromise and stay together. Otherwise if you divide it for example into 3 then it will not stop there any unhappy sub-sub-clan will go to Addis and provide his services to somebody else and get own shindig.

I thought you were of the 5 leg star and now you want to break up one of the legs rather than keep even wobbly one.

Ethiopia will never allow the Somali to have powerful Liyu again. There will be endless propaganda of the egregiousness, brutality and most of it no proof, until a lot of Somali say disband Liyu and then its the end of that experiment.

It would have been cheaper, more constructive to correct the wrongs, but signal to Ethiopia that they cannot destroy the idea.

20 hours ago, Dahireeto said:

Kaffa people. The place where Coffee came from.

120116-nabu-schulklasse-02-kafa-angelika

One of the conflicts between the two zones, is the ownership of the history of coffee. Its related to the trademarking and royalty of coffee. You see why in Star Bucks. Meles knew this and the 5 brands that were trade marked at the time were distributed and the royalty was federal.

• Like 1

Galbeedi western jeegaaan Easten jeegaan I am not sure what you are on about but I was talking about hawd and the hararghey region adiga dib inoogu celiyey Somaliland party politics  and subclanish nonsense . In Ethiopia the game is different than in Somaliland.   In Ethiopia it's it's whole different game  it's an alliance of all the hawd clans from gashaamo to hartesheik to teferi ber.

galbeedi   
23 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

The Somali way of dealing with problems is to create tribal regions where those problems still exists. Soon, you will have  a new group of people complaining  about those that are running the new regions.

I agree. It will never end .

I also concur that having ministers doesn't help the average Somali. We the Awdalites have a minister and four deputy ministers , and these four were appointed after we complained. In fact, these appointments will not change the condition of the people.

What we object is the manner in which one unelected man decides how to allocate resources and create his own districts while abusing the Ethiopian system. If a place becomes districts it gets millions from the budget federally and in order to create their own clan kingdom they created 60 districts of their own.

I do not object which group is ruling, yet I want a system and institutions based on rule of law and well known mechanism to allocate funds, resources and development. I do not want to rely  on the mercy of the dear leader to get justice, school or hospital. Ethiopia has done population censuses almost ten years ago, and the Somali leaders must follow these facts on the ground and allocate resources based on this.

Another main issue if you do not speak out and stop these hungry Somali tribes where ever they might be, they will rob you in a day light and say, "Somalia ha Noolaato".  I remember that in 1998 when Puntland was created, I asked a guy from Mudug , Puntland, why maintain a military force since that job is the responsibility of the national government?, he said, " Somalis in general do not have  empathy for the weak, and the nomadic character of the people  pushes them to take  things that doesn't belong to them". In other words, he must protect himself from his fellow  countrymen until order comes back.It is a delicate balance to keep the brotherhood and Somalinimo while guarding yourself from the hungry tribe that doesn't want to work or gain things lawfully.

Furthermore, Ina Cagjar is from those who want to name a whole country for themselves while not even 20% of the population. So, my friends, we are watching these people and speaking out in order to avoid another upheaval.

While it is too early , we ask him to create a Somali institution based on rule of law so.  we might not need the protection of the tribe. The biggest threat for life and liberty in the Somali world is your own tribe or those who are your neighbors, and the best way to avoid these clashes would be to create a system where the state is the guarantor of the peace. If I feel a threat, I want to call the police not the tribe. If the police is the clan LIyu police, them may Allah help us.

In Somaliland , the budget and resources are very small, while maintaining a civil servant, police and military. Other than the foreign aid which is looted, the budget is limited. Here in Somali region, they were getting hundreds of millions aid from the federal budget, yet that money is openly divided by the clan. If you speak out , they will arrest you and murder you in a day light.

In Hargeisa, the government might be corrupt or incompetent but the people are honorable and free (Shacabku waa gob waana xor). They are creating their own business activity and parallel lives and systems from the government. Anyone can open business in Hargeisa and thrive without interference other the few corrupt city boys who delay things. 

In fact, if they let it go the separation issue , there is no one more honorable and worth living with than the "Habro". In Jigjiga, the whole OG community  is for the loot. They federal government will allocate money for housing , and after the houses are built, all is given to the clan, 100%.

This new guy must get rid of the old system and allow people to select their mayors, collect their taxes and build things. He should know that he can't follow the old Illey system allocating 90% of the budget to his bogus districts.

Xaaji,

3 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

In Ethiopia it's it's whole different game  it's an alliance of all the hawd clans from gashaamo to hartesheik to teferi ber.

I agree. This region is big from Gaashaamo to Harta Sheikh, Wajaale, Awbare , Lafaciise  Jigjiga. We must work together and unite these regions. Don't you know that the world is bigger than Gabiley?. By the way, stop referring Awbarre as Teferibar, the Amhara name, and it is the largest district in the Somali Zone by the last census.

OO

21 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

I thought you were of the 5 leg star and now you want to break up one of the legs rather than keep even wobbly one.

OO, Saaxiib that 5 star is ingrained in our ancestors blood and should not be abandoned. " Xoolahaagu ama Xero ha kuugu jiraan ama Xeer hakaaga maqnaadaan" those regions were taken from us illegally and we might get them one day legally, including Djibouti stolen  from us by the French and their evil collaborators, the Ghelle family.

I was just sending the alarm that this new kid Mustafe must look the big picture and think beyond his clan which can't subdue Somalis as before. THe idea of Jaarse becoming Oromo should be a wake up call for all. I was just reporting what was going on in the region . There is a Somali saying that " Rag Ciil Cadaab buu ka doortaa", which is really very bad saying since there is nothing worse than hell. Yet, Somalis left the comfort of the republic and went to join the blood thirsty dictator Mengistu in order to fight another Somali oppression. If you look back for what took place in the Somali zone what Siyaad did would be considered a Childs play.

I am not against the new leader but, I object his moves which is alarming. He just appointed seven member to work on the reforming of the Illey party and four out of seven were his clan. If that is the case, then others must form their own party and confront the Illey created party inherited by Ina Cagjar.

Waxaan leeyahay, waar hooy, dalka iyo dadka hakala dirina , inta ay xaajo meel laga qabto leedahay.