Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Should we teach..

Ariadne   

I would teach my kids about their heritage in tribal and clan wise( but not in a way that this tribe is stronger, superior).

However, I would teach them they are Somali first.

I think because a lot of us in the diaspora are still getting over the after effects of clanism as tool for separating a people ( that are very homogenous). Some of us are still a little wary about it.

Tribalism and Clanism can be something to teach as long as personal biases or suberversion does get in the way. It can be taught with a post modernist approach where we look at it abstractly and think that use to be us 10 years ago.

Look at other clan-based societies that banned the "clan talk" such as the Scots and now it's coming back, but only as an awareness of their past. Which is pretty harmless.

Azmaya   

Its highly inappropriate to teach little children clan and poison their minds. Their focus should be in school and achievement in life.

ta ta

Absolutely yes! I intend on teaching my children all the glories of my illustrious and noble clan. I will imbibe into them, from age 2 onwards, the absolute superiority of my clan. I will tell them that my clansmen are richer and better sexed than others, our women are prettier and more graceful than other clan's womenfolk... heck, our camels produce more milk and even our goats are better looking with sharper wit to boot.

Azmaya   

Everybody knows, kings and queens lets not get things twisted. Anyone that can read and understand history knows, ain't no comparison between somali clans. D-bloc is far superior and way ahead its like comparing black man and white man. hello. D-bloc is simply the best! Throw them Ds at them haters,

ta ta freedom of speech okey let a girl express herself okey. Somali D-Nation simply the best smile.gif

ta ta

Azmaya   

LAMO my first response i totally forgot i said that but she is right dont teach kids clans, Ohhh Lord hilarious but the truth is what it is. We are simply the best.

peace n love

Chimera   

^I don't get it, i see three replies two of them contradicting eachother and the other talks about a ''she'' who is she?

Originally posted by Azmaya:

Everybody knows, kings and queens lets not get things twisted. Anyone that can read and understand history knows, ain't no comparison between somali clans. D-bloc is far superior and way ahead its like comparing black man and white man. hello. D-bloc is simply the best! Throw them Ds at them haters,

ta ta freedom of speech okey let a girl express herself okey. Somali D-Nation simply the best
smile.gif

ta ta

i see ignorance is breading well in the diaspora...some ppl shouldnt be reproducing at all.

u believe whites are superior to blks.. see what welfare does to ppl.. it surely dumbs their minds. even your own religion tells that humans are equal..! :confused:

N.O.R.F   

I second Xiin and NG

As long as my current and future offsprings have a sense of belonging to their homeland(s) then thats enough. Knowing how to control and kick a football would be good too :D

ps why are western raised kids spoilt? I mean when compared to those raised back home. I have five staying with me at the moment and they are doing my head in!!!

JUSTICE   

^^^take them in long journeys on foot till they get exhausted..if this failed send them back to their moms, spoiled kids :mad:

JUSTICE   

I met some spoiled somali kids where I worked, and it doesn't suit them cause they go over the limit.

ban all the sugar from the house

Chimera   

Originally posted by tHe oNe aNd OnLy:

^ humans are as equal as our fingers are equal. life teachs u that rudy

it's all about the ''fist'' in the end, if you lose even your small little pinky your fist would be unable to project the same kind of power it would have had, had the little pinky been intact and functioning

therefore every finger is equally important in the end when it comes to projecting power

Somalia can't lose that little pinky :cool: