Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Not sure if I should be honoured or outraged on behalf of my fellow sci-fil lovers.

L0L. I think you are safer to be outraged.

L0L@Cara. :D

well i saw Avatar in 3D this evening and was impressed on the whole.

The story line is hardly original, anyone with half a brain can work out the plot in the first 15mins, and its been done better hundreds of times, the plot that is. Its the usual conflict of interests and loyalties coupled with an alien love story, and some anti hero moments.

On the technical front, watching this in 3D was absolutely amazing. I'm not impressed easily, but hand on heart i think its worth it going along for the CGI alone.

Had the story line been a bit more original, then i would give this movie 9.5/10. However as i wasn't all too impressed with story, then 7.5/10 would have to suffice. please note i rate it this highly largely thanks to the amazing visuals.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Archdemos:

well i saw Avatar in 3D this evening and was impressed on the whole.

The story line is hardly original, anyone with half a brain can work out the plot in the first 15mins, and its been done better hundreds of times, the plot that is. Its the usual conflict of interests and loyalties coupled with an alien love story, and some anti hero moments.

On the technical front, watching this in 3D was absolutely amazing. I'm not impressed easily, but hand on heart i think its worth it going along for the CGI alone.

Had the story line been a bit more original, then i would give this movie 9.5/10. However as i wasn't all too impressed with story, then 7.5/10 would have to suffice. please note i rate it this highly largely thanks to the amazing visuals.

Agreed. The visual aspects of the movie are superb!

Salma   

I've seen it on Saturday, and I can give 4 stars for the SPFEX...

What ticked me off was the counter lady who forced us to buy the 3D glasses for 20 Dirhams (30 for the ticket and 20 for the glasses and it's like comm on.. I brought my 3D glasses from a previous movie with me >>>> why to buy a new one. The cinema management are forcing us to buy the food from their cafe nd also to pay for a new glasses)...

Anyway,, well Avatar is another Avatar for what's happening in Iraq or any other place in the world.... The Silly joke of the "The War against the Terror" but in a 3D World....

-Lily-   

Hmm, It was good for what it was, but then again I wasn’t expecting anything deep. Visuals were good…but it really didn’t need to be that long! Filin hindi miya bal!

If you’re expecting anything deep or meaningful you will be dissapointed.

I thought the scenes were the alien natives were wriggling from side to side & singing underneath the sacred tree to ‘pray’ were halarious.

Tuujiye   

^^^ lol I told you.. some cadaan guy that I work had it burned of the net some how..it was a really bad quality but i watched it..half way waan iska damiye lol.. too long and the story waa lagu soo celcelinaaye lee..."hindi miyaa" is what I said heesihii bas baa maqnaa lool....like the fighting scenes laakiin

Wareer Badanaa!!!

The story is predictable and hence disappointing; characters one-dimensional and the dialogue cringe-worthy.

However having said that, my knees were actually a bit wobbly afterwards - and not just because of the amount of money spent on the flick! It's quite an experience. And yes, even though the story isn't original, the world Cameron creates is ever-so original. It's just really beautiful and the SFX are amazing.

And for that I give it 3 and a half stars.