Sign in to follow this  
lulla

When u see other somali people, do u feel insecure?

lulla   

Hi everyone.

When u see other somali people,do u feel insecure? and why?also do u stop and greet them?or do u ignore them?

Iffah   

No I don't feel insecure, why should I? I choose to greet some...and ignore some. It all depends on my mood that day..plus how friendly they appear.

Miriam1   

Sis why do many ppl think that !

I dont feel insecure, I do greet the women, but i dont greet the men and that is because, it is wrong to greet men you dont know just like that.

But on the other hand , some women dont greet you back and give you this rude and i dont know you look. Its annoying!.

But through a year long anaylasis i have found that women who happen to wear the hijab usually are very eager to greet you and are ver nice. I actually start long subway conversations with many of them.

Just the other day i was talking to this old lady on the (116 eglinton bus *a clue to where i live loool ). And i had a 15 min chat with her about her daughters and how life is in canada and the arabs , all the way to the subway station.

Your simply insecure because you are an insecure person in general, and that is sad because there is so much to discover in life.

Peace

A7LA-SHU   

insecure in what way? but about the greeting nahh.. i just pass and ignore them lol... well if i don't know them i just say sallam to the ladies and for the guys i don't even look up forgot the greeting..(i don't want the brotha thinking dym she is checking me out lol)

well really no i dont feel insecure at all..n about tha greetin yes i greet them but u no i some times dont greet them when they get a lil attitude n start rollin ther eyes :rolleyes: ..which i always get it from tha gurls n the weird thing is even tha elders do it sometimes thats sad so ya i greet them if they r lookin at me in a nice way not if they rollin ther eyes..n sometimes i greet some folks n they act like u a theif or somethin,or stoll ther man..lol.but tha guys they kool some say salam n some dont. but if they do.. they say nice way :cool: . n dont think iam sayin all somali gurls do that..no iam not, iam just takin about wat i experinced u no.but really we shouldnt feel insecure..insecure of wat.ya feel me!! :D

peace n takecare

sMiLeY   

i dont feel insecure around somalis....... but i juss don't like it when they stare.....plus i stopped greeting somalis cuz sometimes they don't reply and i feel dry....... so i usually smile at them..... smile.gif

P. S ........ Jawahir......how about the 86???? hahah

People become Insecure when they'r afraid of being judged ie; When a girl is half dressed -wearing those tight tiny toptanks that looks like a five year old kid's outfit etc.

Luckily I walk around with a huge smile on ma face - Its hard to miss it, and before saying anything they either nod, smile or say Hi.

SiHaaM   

I don't go out of my way to say hello to anyone who doesn't say it first.

I do help out the somalis that I come across, if and when they ask for help.

Couple of weeks ago, I was coming to union station and an older somali guy saw me outside as I was coming in.

He said something I didn't quite understand and when I said huh? He asked if I was somali, so I said yes and from there we greeted each other. He asked me if he could take few minutes of my time so he can explain his situation, which was that he was from out of town, vancouver to be specific and that the guy he came with left him and he had no money to ride the TTC. All this time, He never once gave me a chance to respond. He said that he knew it was wrong to ask a younger person for help but he needed a token to ride the subway. I didn't even think twice, I just went into my lil purse and got a token for him.

After I gave him the token, he asked if I worked around the station, and I said no. He then made up some phony story bout how he worked upstairs?

All along, I am thinking to myself, why is he lying if he is bad @it? Didn't he just say he was from out of town and no money???

He asked me if I had any money for food, because he was supposedly hungry.

Even though I didn't have any change with me@the time, I wasn't about to stand there and hand him a $20 after he told me all that bullshit.... so, I just said, sorry I don't have money and I took off...

I didn't think any less of him but I did think he was confused, because a minute ago he was saying how he was abondoned and had no money to ride the TTC and the next he worked upstairs, then he was pushing for dinner money...becuz it was early in the evening @the time....

why do somalis feel the need to explain everything?

Why can't you people just ask help without making up stuff???

Lefty   

Sihaam

The Dude you mentioned sounds a drug addicted/homeless. They always create phony stories in order to get money from the people!

To the topic!

I don't get it Why would anyone feel insecure!? indeed I never have a problem about greetings them. I always do with no exception!

aragsan   

Salam 2u ALL

Is it me or the topic sounds odd,...how come u feel insecure one of ur own ,.. of course without no wavering I will greed them, but it all depends the mood and the circumstances

insecure about what sister? come on girl you know you can do better than that, nomatter what i'll never stop greeting my ppl don't you know it's cumpulsary to greet a muslim fellow when you meet? so i'll always keep on smiling,nodding and shaking hands with my nomads coz without them where would i be? my sister you need to do some soul searching and i suggest you do it now before it's too late. and the sister who helped the confused borther whatever please don't tell the shame of your people for you're one of them and yes we'll explain why we need help for we're a proud people a people with a dignity and have a respect for themselves. icon_razz.gif

sasa82   

For me I'm only insecure when it comes to groups of people. i can say hi to anyone that i see if they give off a welcoming vibe. I test the waters so to speak and if i think that they won't carry me then i say hi. :D