Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Whats the deal..No buses..In..Minnesota...

strikeheader.gif

I don'tknow if alot of you have noticed lately in minneapolis

But there hasn't been no buses for over two weeks!!

And i've been giving ride to all of my relatives and their freinds and family and excetra,

I'm really tired, cuz is all valuntary and shyt

but it has taken all of the patience out of me.

pick him up up,drop her off,take her to work,give his wife a ride,take his son to schoool..F#$&@*

o.k..It's getting to me though..but i'm calm...yo

The funny thing is "No single bus" around ANYWHERE

Except school buses..

Damn i say bad luck to those who depend on them,

and also bad luck to those that drive as well

cuz they'll be carpooling for a while..

What are your thoughts fellow Nomads in Minneapolis bus situation..

Are union workers on strike or what? if that is the case then it is a matter of agreement between the two parties involved. If that's not the case Good luck with your daily duties...............

Peace

Love &

Unity

raula   

For better or worse, w/out public transportation is a big problem economically, physically, and...etc.

Poet---have you ever been outside of Minnesota? If you've been to places like LA, NY, DC and so on, you'll learn the importance of public transportation-So I hope the two parties come to a resolution coz its really undermining many important daily tasks(and might lead to long-term consequences).

Yes I ride the bus-because U of M has a big issue/problem when it comes to parking and transportation-except around the campus. There are 80,000 people who attend this campus(students, faculty, staff) but only 19,000 parking spaces-so you do the math bro. Nevertheless, if the metro buses resume..you will be let off the hook-don't you think?(A + for you) ;) .

Guys, I heard many Somalis from Cedar were fired because they couldn't get to work. The funny thing is many lazy Somalis with cars found new jobs because the hardworking bus riders from Cedar were all fired. :D

There still on STRIKE ...which really sucks for us people who attend the U of M. We did get a dicount on parking but it's so hard to find a spot, by the time u get here around 10:00 you have to find a spot near Cedar or Augsburg College. I really do miss the buses for one other reason and that's the reduce of traffic on 94 and 35W. God does that suck....Minnesota was ranked 3 city with the longest wait in traffic without the strike...imagine now, were probably number 1 now. :rolleyes:

ZOLA   

i really hope the buses do go back to work coz parking is hard to find these days here at the UOFM....

i missed 1 of my classes on monday and my excuse was THE BUS STRIKE... ;) ...the teacher was cool with that.

anyone who lives close to the UOFM and wants to carpool TUE AND THUR 8:am ..pm me.

A.A

Senora   

that is the case then it is a matter of agreement between the two parties involved

But im pretty sure that there is some way that you guys can put pressure on some of these groups. If the buses are owned by the city, you guys can contact you local city officials...either writing, calling, attending some open to the public city hall meetings....especially those who can't get to school, or work....

loooooooool@gediid... eh chill with that aight. Rest asure she wont want to give a ride to a stranger loool..espically 'G'.

Malikia..gurl must i defeat your enemies or you gonna step up..lol am just clowing G.

But as far as the bus issue goes, honestly it doesnt effect me much. I commute pretty much every day out of mpls area so on that regard sorry for those who depend on it but in the meantime, enjoy the great weather and take a walk.

It'z getting crazy out here..

Raula, yeah i've been else where besides minneasota.I lived in VA before this place,but damn never with out the transportation.

This shyt ain't right..The whole city is walking..

But i know one thing,Somali cap drivers are happy

Working over 16 hours a day,...

Macalin   

I have been Honking the drivers whenever i pass em!....i dont know why i do it but it feels darn weired...oh well!

Laakin,For Once i can go up and down Washington Ave,without all those busses tryna run over my compact car!

However,I wish i was a car dealer maanta!,Woudave made lots of Mullahs,i tell yu folks,usd car sales have risen in the twin cities during the cause of the strike..lool(dont ask for sources plz!),Anywhoo, i saw this commercial on the local chanells telling ppl they will give em a ride to the cardealership!..capitalism!

Oh well less pollution!..Bikes

La-y-La   

I go to the U but am glad I live in CEDAR so toooo bad for any1 who dont live around here, good luck though, hope this strike is over soon insha'allah. This is really hard for all the somali ladies who work in downtown minneapolis, it was on star tribune the other day, the effect the strike has on somalis.

good luck all of u.

Tuujiye   

any body who needs ride to:

Mall of America

Suuqa xoolaha

MCTC

Hopkins

down town

please halla @ ciyaalka xaafada

:D:DWaxaa nagala soo xiriiri kartaan (Safari )