Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

An Interview with God

Pi   

What a bad way to use web space and bandwith. This thread ought to be deleted.

Originally posted by Grammaticus:

What a bad way to use web space and bandwith. This thread ought to be deleted.

If you have nothing but draconian verbal whip-slashes to contribuite, keep shtump.. the point of the space is for people to voice their opininions.

-Lily-   

I think it's tiresome to debate the existence of God, as there can only be two endless debates. Having said that no one can be blind in faith, you must question and understand what you believe in, otherwise you would be a believer only in word.

I think everyone goes through a period of investigation, normally late teens early twenties. I thought I was a non-believer for a while, but the was before I read up and reseached what I was being told all my life. Luckily my parents were easy going, I remember being quiet shocked when my father told me it was 'natural' to question things and find out about them. Alhamdulliah, I feel like I have reached a stage in my life when I can with absolute certainty believe and FEEL the existence of God Almighty, even if I wanted to ignore him I couldn't.

I should also like to remind people that there is a difference between religion (practical side) and faith (feeling & certainty) the way I see it. I think you can pray for anything, even to increase one's faith, I know that is self defeating if you don't believe, but maybe its just a test your humility.

Faith that cannot withstand doubt is no faith at all. The problem with a lot of young Somali muslims is that their faith is based on hear-say and word by mouth. Having said that, I see an equal amount of seriously religious youngesters who know more than their parents ever did.

Salams.