Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

An Interview with God

Jacpher   

JB,

Where does my post imply Islam is a weak religion? You make yourself #### when you assume. Can your confused mind view things without metaphysical scale for just few minutes? Re-read my post and try not to use those philosophical binoculars. Do you comprehend there’s a higher power behind the universe.

Why did you dodge m u h a m m a d’s question regarding the purpose of life & creation? Does it not relate to the subject or did your philosophical investigation fail to provide answers?

Adigaaba lunsanee seed ii cawinee? Mise aakhiradeydaa laguu soo diray inaad i dhaafisid :D Ninbaa yiri waxay ku andacoodeen waxbaa isku dhac-dhacay oo ninaa soo baxay. Haddana miyey ku andacoonayaan waxbaa isku dhac-dhacay oo dumar baa timid?

Castro, don’t you get tired of lying bait trap?

Castro   

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Castro, don’t you get tired of lying bait trap?

Ducaqabe, you got me saaxib. I should be careful when to play fast and loose with topics. Some topics are far too sensitive and joking around in them is a grave matter. I understand, now, and going forward, I will make every effort to save my shenanigans for more light-hearted matters.

By the way, that was no trap, saaxib. It was not sincere though. Which is even worse.

Point taken.

Originally posted by iPod Athena:

I must have missed the lesson in Islamic class where we were thought to be bigots.
:(

yeah i can lend you my 'lynch mob in 5 easy steps' notes if you'd like

allan   

I like the way this "discussion" is going.....lolz

Back to the topic; I’ll say this and this only

For those who study or implement philosophical ideals, there can not be any room for your in religion in general

Islam has successfully survived the brutal insults and ridicule of the primitive and nomadic people of the Middle East and it will survive your futile attempts of mockery

And for those who doubt faith (Islam) then god (Allah) has issued your with the challenge of coming up with a book that is in the least similar to the Quraan. Even if your can not manage that then the challenge lowers its self asking your to come up with a "page" that has a similar textual meaning and beauty of the quraan

forgivness is given if i have mis-understood the "challange" for allah nows best

Johnny B   

Oooh mama !!

This thing is getting real old really fast .

Castro bro, accept my appology on behalf of my Garaad (Bashi) for settling down for a word like "naagees".

Bashi.. 36_2_44.gif

And i promise ya i won´t 36_2_43.gif on Caano Geel neither for sewing a Donkey´s hind legs on my back nor taking the deads to the heathens pitt.36_2_29.gif

It´s on the house :D

Originally posted by iPod Athena:

I must have missed the lesson in Islamic class where we were thought to be bigots.
:(

Arhena sis , compare sister Haseena´s " never show,m affection, never praise ,m" to to Callypso´s sincereness .. what a diffrence !!

Girl, you missed that lecture as you never take private lessons from da "wadad" :D

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

JB,

Adigaaba lunsanee seed ii cawinee? Mise aakhiradeydaa laguu soo diray inaad i dhaafisid
:D

Ducaqabe .. you really made me laugh out there !!

this is for you sxb! dove.png

Fat boy !

sorry, we¨re not having that sort of discussion.

So much for civility , so much for articulateness.,

Cara.   

Well, I see a great deal of undercurrents from the SOL veterans is threatening to derail this topic so that it crashes into the rocks of insider jokes (how is that for a vapid mixed metaphor, eNuri readers?).

So far, a couple of skeptics and Castro have shared their concept of God, while everyone else is either nitpicking or going off topic. Ironic, considering.

Johnny B:

I kind of agree with whoever suggested that it might be better to move this topic elsewhere. Can the original poster do this, or must a moderator?

Castro:

Careful, you don't want to profess liking just anyone . Not without looking in the party rule book first. You want to get your membership revoked?

Fortunately, I have no metaphysical guard dictating with whom I may or may not associate, so I think you're pretty neat too. Though I can't help feeling a little wary...

Castro   

Originally posted by Callypso:

Though I can't help feeling a little wary...

Don't be saaxib (I don't know why I assume you're a dude). With Castro, what you see, is what you get. Everytime. I'm quite tolerant of diverse beliefs and lifestyles.

Bakar   

JB,

Before we indulge ourselves in some sort of philosophical inquiries about nature of God, it is a must that we have a clear understanding of our true nature. ? As limited we are, we are species who feel neither extreme cold nor extreme heat. Our intellect holds the same position in the universe of thought as our body occupies in the expanse of nature. As Pascal put it, Our senses perceive no extremes; too great distance hinders our views. If this is our true nature, what makes us believe ourselves far more capable of penetrating His knowledge than of mere physical things?

When object of our understanding is God, then human imagination is the only available instrument by which we reach such inferences about the nature of the unseen. And that imagination alone is what we have as a means for arriving to a conclusion pertaining to God, in terms of his description. Then, that being the basis of understanding, there arise our conflicting views or conception of God, because we are merely employing our faculty of imagination, as we are unable to gain a complete knowledge of Him.

As you know, there are different theories about description of God. Some of the school thoughts confined God to heaven and believe that he has no authority whatsoever over human affairs while others disputed about the degree of God’s power and knowledge by using argument from evil. The later argue that if God is so powerful evil would not have existed. The question is then: Can we develop coherent conception of God? In other words, can you and I gain the same understanding of Him? Because your question implies that we have different understanding of Him.

How do I understand God?

My understanding is solely predicated to none other than His words!Allah (swt) is the One and is the unimaginable Supreme Being. Allah is the Eternal and Infinite self-glowing Divine Power with All knowledge. Allah speaks to all mankind in allegory for He is the Knower of all things and gives allegorial description of Himself in the holy Quran in the verse (24:35) which is:

‘Allah is the Light of heaven and earth. The similitude of His light is a nche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) thought no fire touched it. Light upon light, Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah speaketh to mankind in allegories for Allah for is the knower of all things’ (24:35).

Ramadan kariim to all.

FatB   

i am confused!! :confused:

wasn't this "discussion" suposed to be "what does

God" 'Alalh' means?

to [us]????

so, why are we delibrating and debating the existance of god???

and JB please refaim from patrinizing our fellow nomads

Originally posted by Castro:

Atheist or not, I like Callypso.

Arabic

4 ÙˆÙŽØ¥Ùذَا رَأَيْتَهÙمْ تÙعْجÙبÙكَأَجْسَامÙÙ‡Ùمْ ÙˆÙŽØ¥ÙÙ† ÙŠÙŽÙ‚ÙولÙوا تَسْمَعْ Ù„ÙقَوْلÙÙ‡Ùمْ كَأَنَّهÙمْ Ø®ÙØ´ÙبٌمّÙسَنَّدَةٌ يَحْسَبÙونَ ÙƒÙلَّ صَيْحَة٠عَلَيْهÙمْ Ù‡Ùم٠الْعَدÙوّ٠ÙَاحْذَرْهÙمْقَاتَلَهÙم٠اللَّه٠أَنَّى ÙŠÙؤْÙÙŽÙƒÙونَ

And when you look at them, their bodies please you; and when they speak, you listen to their words. They are as blocks of wood propped up. They think that every cry is against them. They are the enemies, so beware of them. May Allâh curse them! How are they denying (or deviating from) the Right Path. (Al-Munafiqun 63:4)

Originally posted by Castro:

Baashe
, this is for you and everyone:

dove.png

ÙˆÙŽØ¥Ùذَا Ù‚Ùيلَ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡Ùمْ لاَ تÙÙْسÙدÙواْ ÙÙÙŠ الأَرْض٠قَالÙواْ Ø¥Ùنَّمَا نَحْن٠مÙصْلÙØ­Ùونَ

And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." (Al-Baqarah 2:11)

One more for the road..

ÙˆÙŽØ¥Ùذَا Ù‚Ùيلَ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡Ùمْ آمÙÙ†Ùواْ كَمَا آمَنَ النَّاس٠قَالÙواْ Ø£ÙŽÙ†ÙؤْمÙن٠كَمَا آمَنَ السّÙÙَهَاء أَلا Ø¥ÙنَّهÙمْ Ù‡Ùم٠السّÙÙَهَاء وَلَـكÙÙ† لاَّ يَعْلَمÙونَ

And when it is said to them (hypocrites): "Believe as the people (followers of Muhammad Peace be upon him , Al-Ansâr and Al-Muhajirûn) have believed," they say: "Shall we believe as the fools have believed?" Verily, they are the fools, but they know not. (Al-Baqarah 2:13)

Castro   

Originally posted by Muhammad Amriki:

quote:Originally posted by Castro:

Baashe, this is for you and everyone:

dove.png

ÙˆÙŽØ¥Ùذَا Ù‚Ùيلَ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡Ùمْ لاَ تÙÙْسÙدÙواْ ÙÙÙŠ الأَرْض٠قَالÙواْ Ø¥Ùنَّمَا نَحْن٠مÙصْلÙØ­Ùونَ

And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." (Al-Baqarah 2:11)
You can address me directly without resorting to verses taken out of context. Come on. I know you can do it.

S.O.S   

You can address me directly without resorting to verses taken out of context. Come on. I know you can do it.

Brother Castro, these verses are not out of context, but your attitude as a believer in the true Lord of the worlds are below standard and somewhat out of context. Your words are not fitting for a believer, so please be careful, because it is allowed for a Muslim to be silently indiferent, let along siding with, a disobedient transgressor who have rejected Allah and His signs.

Before you start attacking us left and right, like a cornered cat, just remember who your real brothers are and who your real enemies are. As believers, we are your real brothers.

WCWW