Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Would you marry cadaanka?

Wadani   

*Blessed;874275 wrote:
If you think about it, all of the sahaabis were converts....not saying current converts are on the same level.. but a Muslim is a muslim and you'll find good/bad whatever their path to Islam.

They were converts, but the women they married were Arabs so there wasn't an issue. Read what some well known Arab scholars past and present say about Arabs marrying non-Arabs, and you'd be surprised. This whole notion of all that matters is the deen, being propagated by malika and others, is pure baloney. Deen is only one aspect among many that should be considered when one is about to marry.

Blessed   

Wadani;874300 wrote:
They were converts, but the women they married were Arabs so there wasn't an issue. Read what some well known Arab scholars past and present say about Arabs marrying non-Arabs, and you'd be surprised. This whole notion of all the matters is the deen, being propagated by malika and others, is pure baloney.

It isn't baloney, it's what the Quran says an it's what the Prophet (saw) acted upon. Bilaal was married to a Quraishi woman, so was Salman the Persian and many of the Sahaba who went to Africa married local women. I understand and respect some may have prefrences and cultural considerations when it comes to their marriage but if two Muslims feel that they can over come these and it doesn't bother them, who is anyone to have a view on their xalaal union?

Wadani   

The union is xalaal ofcourse, but what need is there to marry ajanabi? That's what I dont understand. I know countless educated, diin focused, good looking and professional Somali brothers who are bachelors. This myth that there aren't good Somali men out there is just that; a myth.

Blessed   

What's the need to worry about someone elses marriage to a fellow Muslim from a different culture? Was Bilaal not competing with Quraishi men who were richer, etc...? Let’s not forget that Somali men (in fact, more so than sisters) are also marrying ajenebi, Muslim and gaal ah but at the end of the day, there are a greater number of Somali women who are happy to build a life with those good (and also the not so good) Somali men and vice versa, so please explain why these sisters are being called all sorts for merely exercising an Allah given right to choose a spouse on the basis of deen alone.

Wadani   

Because i dont like it Blessed, okay? lol But at the end of the day it's thier God givne right like you've said, and there's nothing me or anyone can do to change that. All I can dictate is the choices of the women folk in my immediate family.

Malika   

^Why impose your preferences on your women folk? Isnt that selfish??

As for the bachelors your talking about - maa miyaad rabta gabdhuu iney sariraha hosta kasoo bixiyaan?..Lol. Honestly, it matters not how many good brother or sisters are out there, when it comes to an individuals choice..

Wadani   

lol @ maseerkii reer hawdka. I practically raised my sisters and have an extremely strong bond with them, so i can't even fathom them ever bringing a guy i wouldn't approve of, never mind an ajanabi. I shouldn't have used the word dictate in the other post, i meant to say I have the power to approve or disapprove their choices.