Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Would you marry cadaanka?

RaMpAgE   

*Blessed;868311 wrote:
I agree with you Chimera. Narniah, I don't know where you live but your post is full of generalisations. I personally respect peoples choices but it is silly when one sets out to lie about a whole community and exaggerate the qualities of others to justify marriage choices, you really don't need to do that.

Well said.

raula   

^^oh no you can't be..you are just looking in the wrong places :D Interesting you say Apophis?..there must be something interesting to warrant your 'excessive' replies at least to some of the posts (whispers: if you haven't noticed...some of those posts are by women..somali that is :D)

Narniah....call me Ayeeyo :D & don't take it personal sis..you have my support in whateva you decide.

As for the post: I will only marry Cadaanka..if they spoke swahili & grew up (~)10 yrs in Kenya/TZ..other than that..unless i was born in the diaspora..kinda hard for me to put aside my somaliness/sijuiness (or wateva culture i grew up in). In any case..at this point "my calendar is booked" so no chance for Cadaan or farax any time soon :D

***there are so many posts that say..would you marry ____& _____....i wonder if there is one our there that says..would you marry a farax/somali ? its a plausible question me thinks.

Juxa   

Leave Narniah alone, Some reverts are simply yumyum, indhaha maala istiraa

Chimera, you take Mo Farah as an example, fine brother as he is, he is married to non-somali

it is all about personal preference, wiilasha somalida are marrying non somali left and right, cidna kuma qeyliso, do we argue that the pool of wax-tare is diminishing and we, somali women are left with millions of wax-matarayaal.....waa maya.

haduu muslim yahay bisinka uqabo, hadii kelana wiilka somaliyeed iska biyo-biyeeso oo bisinka uqabo.

Narniah   

Chimera;868931 wrote:
No you were taking a dump on 1/2 of a 20 million+ strong community, I would have replied the same way if some Farah praised Persian ladies as 'better muslims' than Somali sisters, while using the most ridiculous examples to support this rubbish statement. Its a fact that Somali men rank along side Turks, Persians, Arabs and Berbers as historic champions of Islam in their respective geographic spheres and beyond, Its a fact that Somali boys rank at the top of the international Quran recital competitions. Its a fact that Somali scholars both ancient and modern are referenced extensively in Islamic theology. Its amusing therefore to see you proclaim we got into our deen 'lately', where have you been the last 1000 years?
:D

Woaah Tell me something I don't know mr-thinks-he-know-it-all. I applaud you for really twisting everything I said. I never said anything about the whole Somali community at large. Omg, you are really coming across patronizing. The things you brought up are valid, but I never said anything against it. What is your freaking point? Irrelevant! My intention was not to defame the entire Somali community at large. I spoke of events and situations I personally have experienced in the communities I was brought up doesn't mean that I am hating on them. I never said the Somalis at large lack deen, or spoken about the history of Islam and the position of scholars in the Somali community, I respect these people and I'm aware of their existence.

Having Indian girls follow you around in the mall and to your home doesn't equal my brother returning that same infatuation. His concept of Somali women consists of; hooyo, abaayo, ayeeyo, edo, and that little sister next door.
If he reads a few more posts with the same crap you filled yours with, he might get the wrong opinion of Somali women, and that's a damn shame, because the majority doesn't harbour the ill will you project towards the other gender.

Wait...I'm supposed to care? I dont! I don't give two flying hoots what you think. I'm not here to set a trend or have followers, except to be me, you don't like it, don't read my stuff, simple.

I also don't appreciate your haughty self righteous tone that your swinging towards my direction, you need to turn that down a notch.

Nothing you wrote was remotely true,
secondly Somalis registered one of highest 'same ethnic group' marriages in the west, so its clearly you whose in denial
. Thirdly, calm down, this is just a discussion, nobody is attacking you, but we will scrutinize bs when we see it,

Irrelevant!

ps;

Talking about bs, you are the absolute epitome of bs, so why don't you scrutinize that, as it needs major scrutinizing.

Jacpher   

Juxa: lol@biyo-biyeeso oo bisinka uqabo. In other words, for sure you can't go wrong with revert but Somali man...dee dani meel ku dhigtay :D You took the question to the next level. Ragga xaa dhulka loogu jiidi?

On a serious note, I don't get why people make excuses for themselves when answering this question. I mean people who are really into marrying cadaan/madoow go the extra mile to make the case about Somali men/women. Can't they just say it was my preference? I've heard a fair share of these girls marrying reverts and some turned down few good Somali men. Why scapegoat Somali men?

Blessed   

Narniah, there's no need to take things personally, I was responding to content of your post, not you as a person. I'm also not one for mincing my words, in case you have not noticed. This forum would be so boring and pointless if we had to ignore comments you disagree with, just to be seen to be nice. So, get your brave baati on and defend your arguments but don't forget that it's only words on a screen....

raula   

Juxa;869021 wrote:
haduu muslim yahay bisinka uqabo, hadii kelana wiilka somaliyeed iska biyo-biyeeso oo bisinka uqabo.

wale inaad ganjibaad tahay saasa lagu garanaa..(OK not a personal attack..)..marki la biyabiyesanaayo ma dhoocil baa..:D kidding. I know what you mean..waana kugu raacsanahay..in laiska wato inamada somaaliyeed ma xumo..lol dee waa walaaleheen xagee geyna.

Juxa   

Abaayo gaanjibo waan dhaafey alhamdulilah!

I really don't see what the big deal is. Qofkii dookha kugu daro raac balse be mindful of the consequences

This is what you get when you have two fiery passionate opinions clash and turn into a battlefield. Knowing them two they will work out their differences faster then you can drop it like it's hot.

Chimera   

Juxa ' leave Narniah alone', what did I do?

Narniah;869026 wrote:
Woaah Tell me something I don't know mr-thinks-he-know-it-all. I applaud you for really twisting everything I said. I never said anything about the whole Somali community at large. Omg, you are really coming across patronizing. The things you brought up are valid, but I never said anything against it. What is your freaking point? Irrelevant! My intention was not to defame the entire Somali community at large. I spoke of events and situations I personally have experienced in the communities I was brought up doesn't mean that I am hating on them. I never said the Somalis at large lack deen, or spoken about the history of Islam and the position of scholars in the Somali community, I respect these people and I'm aware of their existence.

You said the following: ''Seriously though, our sisters nowadays want men who love the deen. That's why they marry reverts, so Somali guys need to get with the Quraan and start practising the deen more ''

- You make the false claim that sisters only 'nowadays' want men who love deen, which is absurd because that has been a condition for marriage for at least a millenium.

- You insinuated that because they 'nowadays' want men who love deen, they have chosen reverts over Somali brothers, thereby indirectly stating that 'Somali men don't love their deen'.

- Worse is the part where you claim Somali men need to pick up a book they have been studying for a millenium, and you had the nerve to call me patronizing?

1+1 = 2, if you claim 3, then I will correct you on it, there is absolutely no reason for you to become so angry when I do.

Wait...I'm supposed to care? I dont! I don't give two flying hoots what you think. I'm not here to set a trend or have followers, except to be me, you don't like it, don't read my stuff, simple.

People usually ignore people they dislike, and despite your fallacious arguments, I don't dislike you, in-fact you have created many interesting topics in the past.

I also don't appreciate your haughty self righteous tone that your swinging towards my direction, you need to turn that down a notch.

Its one of my character flaws, but at the same it exposes non-sequiturs quite well in the opposite debator, so I guess its also a positive characteristic.

Irrelevant!

No it supports my case that we don't suffer competition when it comes to marriage.

ps;

Talking about bs, you are the absolute epitome of bs, so why don't you scrutinize that, as it needs major scrutinizing.

I said your argument is bs, not you, but its clear I went to far considering your above furious reaction, so consider all I have posted irrelevant and non-applicable to you and your arguments.

Aaliyyah   

lol@biyo-biyeeso oo bisinka uqabo. In other words, for sure you can't go wrong with revert but Somali man...dee dani meel ku dhigtay You took the question to the next level. Ragga xaa dhulka loogu jiidi?

LOL@dani meel ku dhigtey.

Seriously, anyone can go wrong on a revert or a somali guy. It all boils down to that person. But, for some like myself it is easier to stick to your ethnicity especially if you are cultured. For others they don't put such a emphasis on culture especially when they were not exposed to their culture, language etc..and they see themselves married to other races (I seen girls go i dont even speak somali so who cares if he doesnt). Kudos to them for their choice. The somali community simply needs to be more accepting to them. That way maybe many of them would stop justifying their actions and just say "this is my dookh simple".