Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Would you marry cadaanka?

Chimera   

Aaliyyah;867689 wrote:
I was reading throu some old posts and I was like Adam forgot to post this one when he digged up the other posts about interracial marraiges than I saw your last post loool..

alle kan waxba kama tagin
:)

LOL, I used the search engine.

RaMpAgE   

Chimera;868204 wrote:
Narniah all that self-justification is unneccesary, if a revert tickles your fancy, then be content, no need to second guess your preference or generalize a group of men who have historically been credited as champions of Islam. Its not reverts that quadrupled the attendancy levels of mosques all across the west, its Somali men. Its not reverts that are building major new ones, its Somali men. Its not reverts who put their weight behind the first muslim senator in America and got him elected, its Somali men. Its not reverts changing the perception of muslims in the west, its Somali men like Mo Farah.

Your not 'seeing a rise' in Somali men 'on the deen lately', your just seeing another generation growing up, that's called the cycle of life. There is no threat to the average Somali male coming from any community, we'll be 45 million strong in a few decades, so our numbers are growing healthy, and plenty of sisters will always be available to Somali men even if they become atheists, buddhists or scientologists, their is no competition whatsoever. Somali women's affection for Somali men goes deeper than religion, its primal attraction lol, so how about we stop pretending we need to 'fix-up' when whatever issues the community is facing involves all members, including dumarka!

Well said, all these talk about " A religious guy" is all nonsense. I doubt I have ever seen a revert with the same knowledge as some of the Somali brothers who I have seen, yet some deluded Xalimo's go on about Some Revert who just reverted yesterday, can't even put two words together. 'At the end of the day it comes to a lack of self esteem, many of those Xalimos don't get enough attention from Somali guys, so they feel unwanted and are ready to jump on anyone who gives them a sec of attention.

Blessed   

I agree with you Chimera. Narniah, I don't know where you live but your post is full of generalisations. I personally respect peoples choices but it is silly when one sets out to lie about a whole community and exaggerate the qualities of others to justify marriage choices, you really don't need to do that.

Malika   

Gabadha hanaga cuunina, she just gave a perception of her experiences - bees.

Rampage - maxaa tirii, the sisters who marry 'reverts' lack self esteem aa? walle war baad hesaa , haye how many you know/knew?

ps. Miss Ms DD - wherever you are- Illahi kheyrkisaa haa kuu badiyo..amin

Chimera   

^My little brother browses SOL I discovered during ramadan, and he is popular with a certain non-Somali group of females, which is worrying to me. That type of post could push him into the non-Somali camp. Remember back in 06 it was the likes of you, Blessed, Valenteenah, Ibti, etc who pulled me from the Dutch camp back to the Somali one lol, and I have never been more content!

Ignorance, anger, generalizations, etc are obstacles because they prevent you from having a clear vision!

Malika   

^aaw bless!! - that flattering has worked wonders - budh laa dac gabadhan yar, how dare she find 'reverts' masha'allah!..lol

Chi - have a firm word with young brother, introduce him to some 'masha'allah' Somali sisters - sometimes like our young Narniah they young ones assume all Somalis are either backward culturally or religiously - marka its good he even browze SOL he might just get to see Somalis come in all shapes - kuu 'cool' naa wey kujiraan.[did I make sense - oh well, had a long day so pardon if I didnt]

Wadani   

QUOTE=Narniah;868160]I know many revert brothers who are *sigh* MashaAllah looking. *Faints*:P

lol

I know a Half Somali half Dutch brother, he's as white as it gets and so fit. When he confined in me why sister's aren't sending him marriage proposals like his revert counterparts, I told him to be a lil less fashionable and replace his jeans with thobes get a kofi, become a Wadad, be regular in his local mosque then watch get taken off that shelf faster than a white coated oreo. lol

Why the need to mention how white he is? Do u find white skin more appealing? If so, y? The advice u gave the poor chap is horrible (sorry for the harshness). First of all there is nothing Islamic about a thobe watsoever. It's a cultural garb of the Arabs worn by religious and non religious Muslim arabs alike and even christian and secularist arabs too. No different than the macawis for Somalis. Also, if becoming more of a wadaad is done with the intention of atrracting a potential mate, how Islamic is that??

Seriously though, our sisters nowadays want men who love the deen. That's why they marry reverts, so Somali guys need to get with the Quraan and start practising the deen more.

Chimera has already answered this. Also, i'd advise you revise your definition of religious.

The Somali youth is all about deen. It's the older ones like men & women in their late twenties and whatnot who party, don't cover properly and just make all the Somalis look bad. From inside out, we don't just want a brother in a thobe, who cusses randomly, doesn't pray, who doesn't go to Jummah prayer. You gotta be the full package, basically.

What about the role of personality and personal characteristics which are independent of religiousity? Should they not be taken into consideration?

That's why when they see a young man who fears Allah, is willing to forsake this dunya for the akhirah, they will pick him over the Somali guy who doesn't know anything about the deen. But mashaAllah I see a rise of Somali brothers on the deen lately, which is great mashaAllah. This will not only benefit themselves but it'll help them to possible secure their position and chance of impressing a good sister who's looking for a righteous brother.

Lots of ramblings but hopefully you get my point Inshallah.
:)

Y does one need to forsake the dunya in order to attain akhira? Are they mutually exclusive? A lot of Somali guys don't want sisters who are easily impressed by superficial outward representations of piety, such as a beard or a khamiis. They want someone who values them for their hard work and ambition, generosity, bravery, kindness; in essence who they are as a person and not how they look as they walk out of the mosque.QUOTE]

Narniah   

Wadani;868622 wrote:

Why the need to mention how white he is? Do u find white skin more appealing? If so, y? The advice u gave the poor chap is horrible (sorry for the harshness). First of all there is nothing Islamic about a thobe watsoever. It's a cultural garb of the Arabs worn by religious and non religious Muslim arabs alike and even christian and secularist arabs too. No different than the macawis for Somalis. Also, if becoming more of a wadaad is done with the intention of atrracting a potential mate, how Islamic is that??
[/b]

You don't seem to have read my post properly:rolleyes:. The reason why I was stressing on the fact that he's so white is to refute this misperceived notion about Sisters wanting to marry any white Muslim that walks by. This brother in question was white too, but he felt like the Sisters in our community didn't pay him any attention like they do with his Revert counterparts. That's because he's not really a practicing Muslim. While the revert brothers are.

I was showing you all an example and clear up the stereotype that's being tossed around on this thread. When I said wear the thobe, kofi, that was just me being silly/sarcastic. I know there are ignorant people who judge people on their appearance alone and will assume they're pious. I don' think that's right. The inward is as important; like does this person pray their 5 daily salah, avoid major sins, have a decent character, pay sadaqah, help the needy, is he kind to Allahs creatures etc?. Those are the essential factors that make a Good Muslim in my opinion, if one can add the sunnah clothing to match that's even better, good for them. The most important thing is that you wear modest clothing.

What about the role of personality and personal characteristics which are independent of religiousity? Should they not be taken into consideration?

Erm obviously, look up.

Y does one need to forsake the dunya in order to attain akhira? Are they mutually exclusive? A lot of Somali guys don't want sisters who are easily impressed by superficial outward representations of piety, such as a beard or a khamiis. They want someone who values them for their hard work and ambition, generosity, bravery, kindness; in essence who they are as a person and not how they look as they walk out of the mosque

When I say forsake the dunya obviously I don't mean that in the literal sense. I will explain what I meant by that before someone else assumes something else...(so madah hanun you somalis are). I meant that one should place more importance on the akhirah, as this world is temporary and the only thing we'll take with us is our deeds which will benefit us in our real home the (akhirah). :)

Chimera the only reason you dislike my post is because you are in denial like the rest. To also say, that I might be pushing your brother towards the direction of non-Somali chicks simply because of a post I made on a forum 9when you clearly said he's already involved with Non Somali girls), is so absurd. Surely your brother can't be that naive. Nor am I ever that influential. So please stop blaming me for something your brother might or might not do. It's entirely his choice and has nothing to do with me nor anyone else.

I haven't made up anything I wrote, it's all true, I'm not here to score brownie points. I'm sharing my perspective about the things I know, and what I personally have seen. Your experience might be different, to each their own. You all need to chill a lil and go easy with the attack.

Blessed you claimed I lied, I think you shouldn't jump to conclusions, you don't know me, nor do you know where I'm coming. To accuse me of lying on such a personal level is a serious thing, you didn't have to do that.

Malika, you are one of the sweestest Sister on this forum, thanks.❤

This is why I don't really feel part of this forum because of how the old timers here always make the new comers feel uncomfortable and even though I don't even post much the only time I do, I get so much negative feedback from the old timers here. It kinda makes it hard for people like me to come back here to post, there's no one to relate to, just a bunch of old farts discussing politics and angry accusatory non open minded folks who don't respect difference in views and belittle everything you say.

Malika   

^Way to go - iska ceeli these old timers, they are set in their ways but that shouldnt stop you or anyone else to post their thoughts/opinion etc.

Your very right - Islam prevails all including Somalinimo - so if sisters find the Islamic qualities their looking for in husbands who are 'reverts, converts, ajnabi' etc - its within their right to do so.

Ps. you can call me Eedo ama Habo. :]

Chimera   

Narniah;868915 wrote:

Chimera the only reason you dislike my post is because you are in denial like the rest.

No you were taking a dump on 1/2 of a 20 million+ strong community, I would have replied the same way if some Farah praised Persian ladies as 'better muslims' than Somali sisters, while using the most ridiculous examples to support this rubbish statement. Its a fact that Somali men rank along side Turks, Persians, Arabs and Berbers as historic champions of Islam in their respective geographic spheres and beyond, Its a fact that Somali boys rank at the top of the international Quran recital competitions. Its a fact that Somali scholars both ancient and modern are referenced extensively in Islamic theology. Its amusing therefore to see you proclaim we got into our deen 'lately', where have you been the last 1000 years? :D

To also say, that I might be pushing your brother towards the direction of non-Somali chicks simply because of a post I made on a forum 9when you clearly said he's already involved with Non Somali girls), is so absurd

Having Indian girls follow you around in the mall and to your home doesn't equal my brother returning that same infatuation. His concept of Somali women consists of; hooyo, abaayo, ayeeyo, edo, and that little sister next door. If he reads a few more posts with the same crap you filled yours with, he might get the wrong opinion of Somali women, and that's a damn shame, because the majority doesn't harbour the ill will you project towards the other gender.

I haven't made up anything I wrote, it's all true, I'm not here to score brownie points. I'm sharing my perspective about the things I know, and what I personally have seen. Your experience might be different, to each their own. You all need to chill a lil and go easy with the attack..

Nothing you wrote was remotely true, secondly Somalis registered one of highest 'same ethnic group' marriages in the west, so its clearly you whose in denial. Thirdly, calm down, this is just a discussion, nobody is attacking you, but we will scrutinize bs when we see it,

Malika   

^Easy now Chimera - you could educate or enlight our young sister without having to be condescending - As your trying to help your little brother see the 'light' when it comes to Somali women, its probably the same for Narniah - marka uu qale hee and be gentle in your responses - just incase your tone sends her off thinking 'as I thought' ..hmm.

ps.I dont think Narniah is questioning the Islamness of Somalis.

Chimera   

^Narniah is a strong girl, she can take it. I'll bet £100 she will end up with a Somali brother, as I don't represent Somali men.

Malika;868611 wrote:
^aaw bless!! - that flattering has worked wonders - budh laa dac gabadhan yar, how dare she find 'reverts' masha'allah!..lol

LOL, she can find Chinese Confucionists attractive for all I care, as long as she doesn't try to self-justify it with irrelevant reasons such as Somali men eat with forks while Chinese men use chop-sticks, so I'm going to marry a Chinaman. Its all about perception, including self-perception. Some brothers and sisters don't feel 'special' amongst their own people, and need to locate themselves in a non-Somali environment to feel 'exotic'. I know the exciting feeling that comes with that, I have experienced compliments like that from teachers, old people and bubble-gum girlfriends, but in the end it will never fill that empty void.

And nobody will ever be happy when they base their entire happiness on the fact that that group is so much better than this group through generalizations, instead loving that individual for who and what they are, and the positive contributions they bring to your life should be the rock on which you base a marriage.

Chi - have a firm word with young brother, introduce him to some 'masha'allah' Somali sisters - sometimes like our young Narniah they young ones assume all Somalis are either backward culturally or religiously - marka its good he even browze SOL he might just get to see Somalis come in all shapes - kuu 'cool' naa wey kujiraan.[did I make sense - oh well, had a long day so pardon if I didnt]

I'm dragging him to a few tournaments Insha'allah and will push him into certain directions. Truth be told, he only needs to get out of the neutrality syndrome where every Somali girl feels like a distant relative. Once I got over that, I came in contact with an ANGEL lol, like where were you all my life!

I bet though if I had been an angry, ignorant or generalising person, I would have never noticed her, and probably would complain on SOL about the lack of good Somali women available kkkkk.