Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Would you marry cadaanka?

Kulmiye   

for some reason cuqdad baan ka qaba dumarka soomalida ee cadanka dabada qabsanaya, is it for the money? self-hate, that been she no longer wants anything to do with somali, brainwashed by the western the media, Oprah show- telling her she gets choose who she wants to be with? yet I tell myself who i'm I to judge- I leave all to her and God on where she choose to search for love.

Aaliyyah   

^ you judged them and then you go who am i to judge? what a contradiction. Perhaps they love those white men because they are god fearing men. As islam transcends color.

I personally noticed how converts follow the quran much better than us where we tend to take it for granted. So alhmadu lilaah if a sister's iman is strong enough and she can look over the culture gap that we are going to confront when we marry Muslims outside our race.

Next time insha allah watch what you say walaal and fear allah swt.

wa salaamu alaikum

Aaliyyah   

I was reading throu some old posts and I was like Adam forgot to post this one when he digged up the other posts about interracial marraiges than I saw your last post loool..

alle kan waxba kama tagin :)

What happened to this 'caddaan' guy from Alberta horta? Markuu ka waaye hal marwo from SOL, cagahuu wax ka daayee. I guess he went back to his own people. Nothing better than that. Intuu Soomaali sisters ka daba ordaaye daalee, even using Soomaali name like Liibaan as a bait.

Narniah   

I know many revert brothers who are *sigh* MashaAllah looking. *Faints*:P

lol

I know a Half Somali half Dutch brother, he's as white as it gets and so fit. When he confined in me why sister's aren't sending him marriage proposals like his revert counterparts, I told him to be a lil less fashionable and replace his jeans with thobes get a kofi, become a Wadad, be regular in his local mosque then watch get taken off that shelf faster than a white coated oreo. lol

Seriously though, our sisters nowadays want men who love the deen. That's why they marry reverts, so Somali guys need to get with the Quraan and start practising the deen more.

The Somali youth is all about deen. It's the older ones like men & women in their late twenties and whatnot who party, don't cover properly and just make all the Somalis look bad. From inside out, we don't just want a brother in a thobe, who cusses randomly, doesn't pray, who doesn't go to Jummah prayer. You gotta be the full package, basically.

The youth doesn't have a good example unfortunately so who do we look up to? The prophet (saw) and the people who are nearest to the sunnah. Our parents (but you can't marry someone who's your parents age), the community whom they feel like shares the same qualities. That's why when they see a young man who fears Allah, is willing to forsake this dunya for the akhirah, they will pick him over the Somali guy who doesn't know anything about the deen. But mashaAllah I see a rise of Somali brothers on the deen lately, which is great mashaAllah. This will not only benefit themselves but it'll help them to possible secure their position and chance of impressing a good sister who's looking for a righteous brother.

Lots of ramblings but hopefully you get my point Inshallah.:)

Narniah   

Apophis;868188 wrote:
Why are converts called reverts? Very confusing.

We believe in Islam when a child is born, it has with it a natural belief in God. This natural belief is called in Arabic the “Fitrah”. If the child were left alone, it would grow up aware of God in His oneness, but all children are affected by the pressures of their environment whether directly or indirectly. Hence when someone embraces Islam, he or she is coming back to his or her original faith- a real home coming which is why we call them reverts.

Narniah;868160 wrote:
I know many revert brothers who are *sigh* MashaAllah looking. *Faints*
:P

lol

I know a Half Somali half Dutch brother, he's as white as it gets and so fit. When he confined in me why sister's aren't sending him marriage proposals like his revert counterparts, I told him to be a lil less fashionable and replace his jeans with thobes get a kofi, become a Wadad, be regular in his local mosque then watch get taken off that shelf faster than a white coated oreo. lol

Seriously though, our sisters nowadays want men who love the deen. That's why they marry reverts, so Somali guys need to get with the Quraan and start practising the deen more.

The Somali youth is all about deen. It's the older ones like men & women in their late twenties and whatnot who party, don't cover properly and just make all the Somalis look bad. From inside out, we don't just want a brother in a thobe, who cusses randomly, doesn't pray, who doesn't go to Jummah prayer. You gotta be the full package, basically.

The youth doesn't have a good example unfortunately so who do we look up to? The prophet (saw) and the people who are nearest to the sunnah. Our parents (but you can't marry someone who's your parents age), the community whom they feel like shares the same qualities. That's why when they see a young man who fears Allah, is willing to forsake this dunya for the akhirah, they will pick him over the Somali guy who doesn't know anything about the deen. But mashaAllah I see a rise of Somali brothers on the deen lately, which is great mashaAllah. This will not only benefit themselves but it'll help them to possible secure their position and chance of impressing a good sister who's looking for a righteous brother.

Lots of ramblings but hopefully you get my point Inshallah.
:)

Well said and true! People are stepping up their games.

Lmao you made me laugh when you said '' I know many revert brothers who are *sigh* MashaAllah looking. *Faints* ''

Narniah   

Apophis;868201 wrote:
I have to say I've been hearing this word being used as of late but before converts were called converts.

You can also use the term Convert, there's nothing wrong with it. But the proper suitable term is Revert, as I have explained why in the above post.

The Hadith: .Every child is born on Fitrah (natural disposition; or true faith of Islam to worship none but Allah) till his tongue expresses him (i.e. express his creed), thus his parents make him a Jew or a Christian or a Magian. [Related by Al-Bayhaqy and Al-Tabarany in Al-Mu`jam Al-Kabir].

Bluelicious;868198 wrote:
Well said and true! People are stepping up their games.

Lmao you made me laugh when you said '' I know many revert brothers who are *sigh* MashaAllah looking. *Faints* ''

Lol hehe:p I can be a tad shallow:o

Chimera   

Narniah all that self-justification is unneccesary, if a revert tickles your fancy, then be content, no need to second guess your preference or generalize a group of men who have historically been credited as champions of Islam. Its not reverts that quadrupled the attendancy levels of mosques all across the west, its Somali men. Its not reverts that are building major new ones, its Somali men. Its not reverts who put their weight behind the first muslim senator in America and got him elected, its Somali men. Its not reverts changing the perception of muslims in the west, its Somali men like Mo Farah.

Your not 'seeing a rise' in Somali men 'on the deen lately', your just seeing another generation growing up, that's called the cycle of life. There is no threat to the average Somali male coming from any community, we'll be 45 million strong in a few decades, so our numbers are growing healthy, and plenty of sisters will always be available to Somali men even if they become atheists, buddhists or scientologists, their is no competition whatsoever. Somali women's affection for Somali men goes deeper than religion, its primal attraction lol, so how about we stop pretending we need to 'fix-up' when whatever issues the community is facing involves all members, including dumarka!