Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Somalis are doing for them selves - we are winning here!

Originally posted by MAXIMUS POWERS:

PeaceNow, I believe you owe the noble and honourable citizens of Berbera an apology. It is indeed unfortunate you have adopted this position against Berberains, who are known for their hospitality and generosity. Parts of Somaliland are still developing. Our rates of development should not be compared to industrialised country, for they too were languishing at the rung of the ladder one point or another in their respective histories. You should judge Berbera and Somaliland by its own standard; it’s a developing city which is making great strides, despite being unrecognised. We are working towards building Berbera and Berbera which is indeed a strategic city and an important hub for transportation has been improving its infrastructure for a number of years now, seeking both investment and assistance from Somalilanders in the Diaspora as well other governments and multi-national corporations.

So rather than judging Somaliland cities against a different benchmark, its important to consider that each country goes through its own social, political and economic trajectories. I would kindly ask you to at least consider or even deleted this blasphemous and ill-thought thread seeking to ridicule Berbera.

There I was thinking of inviting you for a nice drink by Bartaalale beach.

quote:Originally posted by Peacenow:

My full apology Maximus. I have been blind and woeful on this occasion. No disrespect to Berbera. My own father hails from Erigavo so it is close to me too. I have edited the topic.

Peacenow you are man of high moral fibre and a fellow Somalilander. We are brothers and comrades in our campaigns to seek the truth unhindered and commitment to the spirit of democracy and the freedom of expression.

I am grateful that you have retracting this statement. By your kind gesture of friendship, you have averted reducing the honour and reputation of my people to a mere nothing. The people of Berbera are indeed glad and rejoicing. Your kind act of friendship and your kindness and humility have been noted.

Maximus Power
@Adam.

It’s perhaps to with the fact that I articulated a pragmatic approach towards peacenow.You have been very quick to condemn him because you disagreed with some of his views.

@ Xinny

Your essentialist approach and the use of buzz-words is hardly impressive. Calling me a convict is most unnecessary. The use of the term ‘Convict’ is a defaming, for I have not committed a crime. This merits another ban under Rule 7 of the SOL Golden Rules.

Just to clarify, I was banned not because I contravene any of the rules of the forum like you have done on numerous occasion, including today. But rather due to a misunderstanding, which was easily resolved. If my banning was so adverse, I would not have been granted an opportunity to come back again.

@ Xinny

Your essentialist approach and the use of buzz-words is hardly impressive. Calling me a convict is most unnecessary. The use of the term ‘Convict’ is a defaming, for I have not committed a crime. This merits another ban under Rule 7 of the SOL Golden Rules.

Just to clarify, I was banned not because I contravene any of the rules of the forum like you have done on numerous occasion, including today. But rather due to a misunderstanding, which was easily resolved. If my banning was so adverse, I would not have been granted an opportunity to come back again.

Protesting on the use of ex convict to describe your online persona is unwarrented. Perhaps it's due to another misunderstanding from your part to what the usage of such term implies. The degree of the adversity of your previous violation remains subject for interpretation. I however trust the official interpretation of what you have done, which resulted in your banning :D .

Now the fact you are defending another scofflaw is indicative of your tendency to disregard the basic decorum of intellectual discussion. That you get bothered with a generic description of the state of infrastructure of a city yet cheer for the bombastic nonsense in generalizing all Somalis with sweepings insults does not bode well to your long and productive stay on these boards.

And that is the last word.

You guys remind me of the witch hunters in monty python sketch. A mob demanding, in this case, a member should be banned for his views: He has insulted our culture, our woman and now our children, lol. Come down people, no harm is done, if don't like someone's view of things, move along.

chubacka   

Well done to the people who made the school possible, looks like its doing great things.may it go from strength to strength iA.

Cicero   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

You guys remind me of the witch hunters in monty python sketch. A mob demanding, in this case, a member should be banned for his views: He has insulted our culture, our woman and now our children, lol. Come down people, no harm is done, if don't like someone's view of things, move along.

LOL. Good grief. I just pictured some of the melodramatic Nomads on SOL weilding pitchforks and torches, giving chase to poor peacenow, an ill-fated Somali expatriate. Qabtooy! Waawareey! Tol'ayeey! Somaaliyaay! Wuu na caayay. Gabadh buu wax ka sheegay. Gowraca! Gowraca! Gowraca!

The remarks of Peacenow were arguably in poor taste. You can ignore him as Paragon does, or teach yourself how to control your emotions; it works for NGONGE. He's probably livid with peacenow's crusade against arabs, but tolerates it just the same. No histrionics.

viva somali people...the most hard-working refugees this world have ever seen. Kudos to all of u maryooleeys who keep up the somali tradition and fight!!

Now to the egg-heads who hate somalis and their own culture....all i can see hajiyaal, get your head of the gutter and come back to your pple with open arms.

no matter how many castles u build in foregin land, u still that black immigrant who is 2nd class citizen. God help u.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^You are predictable, never fails ninyahow. I recommend we ban NGONGE too
:D:D

:D

I think Adam and Xiin are overreacting on that one. You allowed him to hijack an entire thread when ignoring him would have been best. A quite message to the admin would have quitely deleted the offending post and life would go on as normal.

Anyway, it's not peacenow we need to pick on here. It's the Qardho guy. He works too much with kids you would think he's Arsene Wenger. :D

Cabdow   

The purpose of SOL is to exchange constructive opinions (and at times constructive criticisms), but when a member's sole purpose and only presence is to ridicule the very nomads SOL gives a voice to, then there can be no use extending courtesy to him. His membership of SOL has no material gain (intellectually or socially) but only denigration of the platform's admirable purposes.

Well said Chief, i couldn't agree more!

Mashallah well done to the yougsters, as well as the teachers that gave them the opportunity to achieve this award.

CONGRATS to the kids! I'm a big fan of alternative schools, especially if they will help improve the high number of somali students falling behind under the traditional school system/curriculum.

A question...does going to a somali school (or any small private school) make it harder or easier for kids to get into university? or does it further segregate them from society?