Sign in to follow this  
Indhoos

just bizzare

Indhoos   

Can you raed tihs? Olny srmat poelpe can.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. Thephaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch atCmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in awrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer bein the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and youcan sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deosnot raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Pucca   

that makes sense...i can see why kids when they're learning to read look at the first letter and just make out the word...

that probably made no sense to you, you'd only understand what i'm talkin bout if you've ever sat down and helped a young learn to read english.

wlc ismalura

STOIC   

Yes i can read this, smart Aaass!

couldn't beleive that i actually understand what i was reading.The phenomenal power of the human mind, according to a research at Cambridge university.It doesn't matter in what orders the words are, the only important thing is that the first and the last letter being in the right place.The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem.This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word is a whole;

Amazing huh? and i always thought spelling is important!

Indhoos   

simply, yes it msot dfeitilny is.

xamar, give it a shot, and see if it works in somali or not.

Pucca, I know exactly what you mean. I sat down with kids and read books with them and I used to be frustrated when they look at the first letter of the word and guess it. Now I look at the whole situation differently.

Until later,

I am out like an evening power in Muqdisho.

Originally posted by xamar87weyne:

i wonder if that would work in somali writing...

Waxaa la dhihi jiray af Jini. Waligaa af Jini ma maqlin? Da'iga galiwaa fa Niji am qamlin? Reer Kismaayo ayaa ku dheereen jiray.

Intiina cusub, kusoo dhawaada golahaan, yaala is martiyeen.

Wiilo   

Ismalura wlemeco ot ols, magacayga waxaa ladhahaa wiilo, barasho xanaagsan, kiddin, barasho wanaagsan, again welcome.

Go figure:..............

hodman   

So does that mean that my students are onto something when they just guess stuff that is not even close to what they are supposed to read based on the first letter?