Sign in to follow this  
Simple_Sista

Will Smith has embraced Islam...

while i was browsing through the net, i caught this interesting piece...honestly,that set me in a high spirit, i mean come on Will Smith converted to Islam, that is just a hot thing. alhamdulellah..

here is the article:

Muslim Leaders Salute Will Smith

Muslim leaders across America are saluting Will Smith for embracing their religion after completing the Muhammad Ali biopic. Smith was introduced to the religion while learning about the legendary boxer's life - Islam is Ali's religion of choice. Friends close to Smith claim the megastar is now embracing the religion in his own life and is eager to learn more about it. Director of the American Muslim Association of North America, Sofian Zakkout says, "Muhammad Ali is one of the best examples of Muslims in this country. He's been a wonderful spokesperson for the religion and if Will Smith can continue Muhammad Ali's work that would be wonderful." He continues, "Islam is a peaceful religion and if good people such as Muhammad and Will can carry that message then it would be wonderful. It would be a positive message for peaceful Muslims all over the world." Smith appeared at the America: A Tribute To Heroes telethon in September alongside Ali, defending Islam in the wake of the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2001-11-09

Qac Qaac   

oh no not the rumours again.. this time is will smith.. before it was shaquille o'neal..

i just don't believe it.. also david chapel became muslim, heard that one too.. although i think david chapel is for real.. coz he cut his show down.. millions and millions.. he stoped to learn islam.. don't quote me on this.. but this is what i heard..

DraGon   

Does this kind of story validate peoples faith??

And why do people care if that person is famous?? Alot of people embrace Islam on a daily basis and its simply for there GOOD, period.

Tired of these reverts story...walahi.

RedSea   

Salamu calaykum,

brothers brothers, our religion has been famous and strong always and it will forever remained like that. You all sound like that Will Smith will help the religion if he becomes a Muslim, it would only help him get closer to his lord and would safe him from the devastation of the Hellfire. If will Smith trully became a Muslim, we ask Allah to keep him strong to the devine message after all it's his own good. So don't jump people over something like that, converting to Islam shouldn't be something new, knowing it's the truth and the only religion exceptable in the hereafter by Allah. Whether Will Smith or the so call stars become Muslims or not it will only benefit them not Islam nor will it benefit Allah for Allah is the all mighty and wise.

Sky   

Some people need ESOL classes, the dude embraced Islam, he didn't convert to Islam. Last time I heard Micheal Jackson became a muslim. What a joke.

Don't expect to see an Abdullah Muhammud Smith any time soon. Its just Big Will.

Cara.   

Well, in that case, perhaps I've been a lil' too hasty. Unwise, even.

{wanders off in search of Rumi's collected works}