Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Sharon; an over view

Ibtisam   

Sharon; praise him or condone him.

We all know Ariel Sharon had a dark past, For Palestinians and for Muslims he is our dark past. Many people in the West are confused now, his actions have in fact always been a source of confusion, a contradiction, an oxymoron.

His great skill was breaking ceasefires whenever he felt cornered to make a political concession towards peace, he aim was to provoke an inevitable response, which could then be used to advance his military aims, and justify future intrusion and expanding settlements. And how smart he is, he won internationally uncontested control of the West Bank by returning it, which always was his goal. An empty gesture as in practice it is still owned and run by Israel,

Sharon understood the west, how far he could push them, a near magical ability to measure how strong the response and out cry to his violations of common decency and international law would be, he knew how much he could get away with and would put it to test time and time again. He planned actively and provocatively and carefully, he shaped everything: young, or old, in exile, or at home in an Israeli prison under occupation. His mission has always been to kill resistance, organisations and institutions.

People say he has changed since he became a leader and it is through him that Palestine’s will reach peace, has he changed? Or is he just more cautious and smart, more covert in his approach?

Let’s not forget the survivors of the Sabra and Shatila massacres, for which, he was responsible for, according even to an Israeli tribunal, the Kahane Commission. They recommended that he never be allowed to return to public office.

Let’s not forget on the face of his illness and in the mist of these sympathetic and heroic programmes and articles that the blame lies with Sharon for the assassination and destruction of the fighters, the local defence committees, the refugee camps. Women and children and young men killed, buildings demolished, institutional infrastructure, and of course, the leadership encircled and besieged. It was only a short time ago that Arafat was ill and held hostage in his own country, medical attention delayed, and his reputation slated. How different the response, suddenly Sharon is some what a hero, who would be sorely missed, while Arafat death was welcomed as he was an “obstacle to peaceâ€.

so what does the future hold for that region? and how should he be remember?

a murder, a war criminal and butcher or a man working towards peace with a bag of past mistakes. my money is on the first option.

why don't he just hurry up and die. :mad:

(yes i do know only allah cause death) redface.gif

listern i dont like sharon same as you dont like him. But he is the only hope at the moment for some form of a Palestinian state. He did what nobody from both side could do. He gave up something that no other Isreal leader can do in the near future. He is the only one who sees a free palestine as the only way Isreal can have a peaceful life. Nobody else who can be prime minester is thinking that

Ibtisam   

i think u just fell for his tactics, do you really believe that? It is just the way to easy off international pressure. HE does not care and he certainly don't want them to have their own state. He wants them under his foot, but he is too smart to come right out and say that. HE is just trying to act like the good guy for a while, provoke them, get resistance and then say see, I told you, they don’t deserve anything because they don’t appreciate.

cheers

Ibtisam   

This is a man who says: Sharon

"I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him.â€

“Everyone there (Israelis) should move, should run, should grab more hills, expand the territory. Everything that's grabbed will be in our hands. Everything we don't grab will be in their hands (Palestinians)â€

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am hoping that someone is going to publish photographs of Sharon in his present condition on the internet for our entertainment just as pictures of massacred and mutilated Palestinian, Chechnyan and Iraqi Muslims are posted on the internet so that Americans and Zionists can gloat in their crimes and their genocide ! :mad:

Yonis   

Pat Robertson, speaking on his Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," said that Sharon's sudden illness was Divine punishment for having withdrawn Israeli forces and residents from Gaza and northern Samaria this past summer. Robertson told his audience, "I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide My land.' "

Funny, i enjoy reading such baseless divine things they believe.