Sign in to follow this  
murefu

dubai Nomads

Yeah Middle-Eastern Nomads

Whats Dubai sayin?

1.Cost of Livin?

2. Job Oppotunities?

3.Tourists Expenses for 3 weeks? How much to eat out, where to visit to sample local vibe, Is there a City Center?

Sakariye   

Sxb, I grew up in Dubai, but havent seen for ten years now. I have some of my family still living there, Now depends what you looking for. but hey the place is hot, wana visit there this summer my self. I dont have alot of info, but let me see if I can be little bit helpfull.

Check this out http://www.motexhaonline.com/page.cfm/link=30

enjoy your trip

NGONGE   

Cost of living: lets just say that some of the guys I know who work for the police there and for private companies get between 2000 to 4000 dhs per month. The exchange rate from US$ to UAE Dirhams is 3.671(you can work it out yourself, it’s a fixed exchange rate).

Job Opportunities: For highly educated graduates there are many job opportunities in Dubai but you’re better off applying from abroad (unless you know someone that knows someone). Salaries in this case are totally different to the ones quoted above. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a villa and a car plus annual travel tickets “home”.

Tourist Expenses: Well, that depends on how long you’re planning to stay and where. It also depends on how much your planning to spend on gold and all the cheap products you can buy there. Lets assume you’re staying in a hotel (there are plenty of Somali hotels in Dubai these days). The cost for most of them is between 90 to 150 dhs per night (not expensive at all). Food is even cheaper, you’ll eat until you can’t eat no more and you’ll still have enough money left. There is a city centre and there are several big malls. You can visit Jumira beach, or the gold souq (where all the Somalis are). Sharjah is only half an hour away by car (taxis are cheap) and Abu Dhabi is about an hour and a half away (could be quicker).

Was that of any use to you?

... Here is what you do before travelling to Dubai (I’m not a Dubai Nomad – thought my tips will be of some assistance to yourselves.

Avoid the summer time - sizzzzzzling hot, if poss. delay your holidays to november/decemeber – for some of U’s that’s not an option so here is my tip.

=> take a lot of loose change,

=> Cost of living is pretty cheap - so spend wisely - as for shopping its bargain city, make sure you master the technique & never believe a word dat salesman says… they say 15dir, you say 5 soon enough you will both meet mid way((pretend you speak Arabic - if you do they treat you like a local – watch how the prices come down ;) )

=> Accommodation - renting a villa would work out cheaper.

=> If you have a driving license, rent a car it’s cheaper - (plus they do 5 days rental deals for a good price – if they don’t offer the same good deals….times must’ve changed smile.gif .

I’m sure my info sharing has been of some benefit to yourselves, no ‘thank you’ required, just a lil donation towards my holiday will do… :D

Cheers….