Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

celebrations time for all somalis

Aaliyyah   

Xalima sis June 26 is when north of Somalia became independent of the British colony. Where July 1st is when Somalia became united under one republic, and when the south got independent.

Happy independence days to ye all. Hope you will all enjoy your time with yr families and friends.

Have fun while u at it :D

wa salaamu alaikum

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Question-I know the independence from the British was 26th June and the 1st July from the Italians.

So why do I only hear about the 1st?I'm sure there are many people who are not Somalilanders and pledge their alliance to Soomaalia but were under the thumb of the British waagi hore.Like my family for instance from Laas Caanood.

Is the 1st of July one a joint affair?Two for the price of one miya?
:D

Labadda gobol ee Waqooyi iyo Koonfur isku soo noqday, oo xoriyadooda buuxda helay, without bogus 'border' iyo gumeysigii. The day is Kowda Luulyo [First July].

Saas ayee Kowda Luulyo u qiimo badantahay than the South per se getting independence.

That was why calanka baluugga laga suray at Hargeysa in 26th of Juun, since they too knew in calankaas laga suri doono Xamar in a just short few days later. Calanka baluugga was created in 1954 at Xamar, as a pan-Soomaali flag. It was the unofficial flag during the later years of trusteeship in the south and other colonized Soomaali territories.

AAliyah416 u amazed me there! i say keep hope alive. bow bow. there are lil many like u left in this here world. amazing.

u really make me proud of yah!! your stock is hitting the roof...! kol.

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

Question-I know the independence from the British was 26th June and the 1st July from the Italians.

So why do I only hear about the 1st?I'm sure there are many people who are not Somalilanders and pledge their alliance to Soomaalia but were under the thumb of the British waagi hore.Like my family for instance from Laas Caanood.

Labadda gobol ee Waqooyi iyo Koonfur isku soo noqday, oo xoriyadooda buuxda helay, without bogus 'border' iyo gumeysigii. The day is Kowda Luulyo [First July].

Saas ayee Kowda Luulyo u qiimo badantahay than the South per se getting independence.

That was why calanka baluugga laga suray at Hargeysa in 26th of Juun, since they too knew in calankaas laga suri doono Xamar in a just short few days later. Calanka baluugga was created in 1954 at Xamar, as a pan-Soomaali flag. It was the unofficial flag during the later years of trusteeship in the south and other colonized Soomaali territories.
So 26 June is not that important ???

No wonder ..........

yeah, 26th is unique day for sland..no doubt. nobody can disagree with that.

my intentions here are to celebrate a day when 2 somali nations came to together. god only knows if this will ever happen again, however, this goal is some where in the minds of all somalis.

Insha Allah, we will all live to see the day when all somalis come together as one nation. Amiin. peace.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

The ethiopian flag is in Mogadishu ,,,,, not in Hargeisa

lol...Jacaylbaro I agree it is in every corner of Mogadishu now but it has been in Hargeysa since 1991.

Aaliyyah   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Xalimopatra:

So 26 June is not that important ???

walaalo Jacaylbaro 26 of june dabcan wa muhim. sayna muhim u aheen?

Wa malinti hadaan reer waqooyi nahay xuriyada helnay :D

Laakin, July 1st wa malinti somalia reer waqooyi iyo reer konnfurba dal isku noqdeen, wa malin ka sii xaq jirta.

Somaliyaay toosoo

Toosoo isku tiirsada oo

Hadba kiina taagdaran

Taageera waligiin

Idinkaa isu tookhaayoo

Idinkaa isu taamaayee

Adamuhu tacliin barayoo

Waddankiisa taam yeel

Sharcigaa isku kiin tolayoo

Luqadaa tu waaxid ahoo

Arligiina taaka ahoo

Kuma kala tegeysaan

Tiroo ari ah oo dhaxalaa

Sideed laydin soo tubayoo

Ninba toban la meel marayoo

Cadowgiin idiin talin

Tuldo geel ah oo dhacan baad

Toogasho u badheedhane

Ma dhulkaas dhanee tegeybaan

Ninna dhagax u tuurayn

Qaran aan hubkuu tumayo

Toorreyda dhaafayn

Oo aan taar samayn karin

Uur kutaallo weynaa

Hadba waxaan la taahaayoo

Togagga uga qayshaa

Nin dalkiisii cadow taaboo

U tol waayeybaan ahay

Marba waxaan laa ooyaa

Oo ilmadu iiga qubataa

Ikhtiyaar nin loo diidoo

La addoon sadaan ahay

I found this link in youtube...o my gosh my eyes got all watery walahi, masha-allah we should raise our kids to be proud of their heritage.

Vivaaaaa somaliweyn smile.gif

wa salaamu alaikum

god bless american! u see what i am talking about... and if i ask this xalimoos to name all the nba players and their illegitimate kids, she can probably name them backwards!!

or is their something in the water of lascaanood.

u tell me cuz i aint got no petty 4 ppl who dont their history.

xalimop and lexus u both are not invited..! next

Rudy Cant you read English marka hore?Are you trying to tell me I cant pledge my Blue flag on our independence day and dont know my history?Next time try reading the WHOLE of what I wrote before you second guess with your mis-educated self.Who the hell are you when you bring your broken ebonic smack to me in the first place?!I mention Laas Caanood and you go nuts?Lol people from Laas Caanood are more nationalistic then yourself will EVER be and dont bring Lexus in when she has nothing to do with me or is here to defend herself.Coward.

Ileyn dhagaxiinta baa ku wareeriyey,talking about NBA players and haraam kids?!

From now on dont ever and I mean EVER address me on these forums.CAAR hadaad nin tahay...Especially when you have me mistaken for the deluded and lost dhagax lovin' Somalis in your life!

AAliyah I know sis,I know.

MMA Thank you for being the ONLY person to have replied who understood my enquiry.As ever you can bring your patient answer to the table.Mahadsenid! ;)

Cant wait to celebrate the day in Central London (ENGLAND UK-rudy take note) Insha'Allah.Anyone have any events?

Aaliyyah   

Cant wait to celebrate the day in Central London (ENGLAND UK-rudy take note) Insha'Allah.Anyone have any events?

xalima I am going to be in London , UK as well insha-allah on July 1st, and I am so looking forward to enjoy myself with my cousins and couple friends.

so, whoever is in uk please fill us in what is happening that day :D

wa salaamu alaikum