Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Get the tea ready; I am about to write something

No it is not and you know it! Read what NG wrote carefully. These people made a big deal about few near distinct animals mainly Gorillas, raised A LOT of money, got media attention and saved what? Yeah, a freaking Gorillia? Puhleese :rolleyes:

At the time, children laid on the streets ravaged, dying. Infants were abondoned on their huts and the death toll was so high, they couldnt burry their dead. Leave it to knuckle heads to worry sick about the extinction of Gorrillas when human lives at peril :mad:

Not too long ago, I watched this documentary where some white men(couldnt remember which country they were from), went to the Bushmen of the Kalahari desert. The Bushmen were in the throes of terrible drought and they havent eaten for weeks(they had kola nuts and were short on water) so they went hunting. This hunting went on for days on end while they were being filmed. Then this knucklehead of a producer has the audacity to ask the Bushmen to stop HUNTING the freaking animal because the animal was going to be extinct :confused: . He said to them in an air of arrogance" wouldnt you love your children to see this animal? The beauty and the glory of this animal?." WTF??? :confused: The man laughed and shook his head and said "yes. But I would also love my children to survive." Some potbellied, spoiled man who never knew what its like to STARVE to death thought it was more important to preserve the beauty of an animal than the lives of the African people :eek: :eek: :eek: That kind of mentality I would never understand.

NGONGE   

SS,

I agree if it were in two parts of the world. But this was in the exact same place. The animals were facing exinction because of the actions of the rebels. But in the same exact area ( mere meters from the animals) lived the poor innocent people who also were dying because of the actions of the rebels. To raise a din over one and not the other is shameful.

HELLOOOOOO!

Are you even reading what I'm writing?

Hell yeah, those people made a big deal about some gorillas, because that's what they do! If you were a conservationist that's what you would do too!

The fact that you don't care about a species of animals going extinct, that's another thing. If you think humans are the big boss and that they deserve to destroy everything on this planet, good for you. I strongly disagree.

It's not the conservationists fault, NOR THE GORILLAS' FAULT, that there were kids dying in the street. It's the humanitarian workers' fault, who were too cowardly to be there, it's the fault of power-hungry people who started the war in the first place, and so on and so on.

Conservationists have a mission to safeguard animals, plants and this whole beautiful planet that God has given us. They're not in the business of saving people, because there are organizations who do just that.

The example you gave in the Kalahari desert is an extreme one, but your choice of it reflects a mentality I simply cannot understand.

There's WAY too many humans on this planet. We've spread like the plague and have cared for nothing but our selfish needs. And then we wonder about all these earthquakes and planes falling from the sky. Nature is fighting back and it's about motha-f-in time!

You think you, as an individual, are more important than an entire species of animals? HAH! Please go say that to a geel-jire when the camel is gonna be on its way to extinction.

^That post was for C&H.

NG:

I am not familiar enough with this particular case, but I promise I will look into it and get back to you. That being said, I will never agree with you that one human life is more important than an entire species.

:D the cycle of life .. soon you will be put out to pasture old man

I caught myself lecturing my youngest brother last night .. and I began my sentence with "When I was your age", and "In my days"

then I thought about how many times i have been on the receiving end of the same lecture.

these things have a cycle to them ... did you notice when ever you are on the recieing end how the other person always had it tougher(there alwasy seems to a lil exageration thrown in here), and did not always have oppurtinities that you have, and you dont appreciate what you have.

now ngoge is looking down at 20-something thinking they have no clue, when his bones start loosing strenght and he begins to stoop over, and the remaining part of his hair turns white I gaurantee he will have the same opinions of those young foolish 50-somethings

B   

^

Happy birthday awoowe! :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Meesha waxa qasay are all the do gooders.
:D

quote:

Originally posted by B:

^^

Why are you speaking for me?. What gives you that entitlement, I am hereby telling you to stop your rudeness!

Because I am the older person here, young man. Now keep quiet and let me deal with these people.
You are doing a disserve to yourself with comments like these. In you attempt to come across as funny, you have fallen flat on your big round old face. Worst if you still sport those rimmed glasses, as I have been informed then lets hope you dont injury your frail body awoowe. :D

Hell yeah, those people made a big deal about some gorillas, because that's what they do! If you were a conservationist that's what you would do too!

And what I'm sayin is their mentality is F-ed Up! Sue Me.

The fact that you don't care about a species of animals going extinct, that's another thing. If you think humans are the big boss and that they deserve to destroy everything on this planet, good for you. I strongly disagree.

First of all, stop being so emotional. I care about species and I'm against animal cruelty so does my religion but I CARE more about human life than Gorillas. Thats just me.

It's not the conservationists fault, NOR THE GORILLAS' FAULT, that there were kids dying in the street. It's the humanitarian workers' fault, who were too cowardly to be there, it's the fault of power-hungry people who started the war in the first place, and so on and so on.

Again easy with the emotions. We know that it is not the Gorillas fault. But it is what it is. We're here, people are at war. The weekest of the chain, mainly children and infants are affected severely. And for me I'd rather save A Romanian child or Haitan child, or a Child in Darfur FIRST AND FOREMOST than a Freaking Gorilla or Pollar Bear, got it?

Conservationists have a mission to safeguard animals, plants and this whole beautiful planet that God has given us. They're not in the business of saving people, because there are organizations who do just that.

If you want to save the forest, save the people who get their livelihood from the forest. Dont tell a dying man to admire the beauty of a giraffe.

The example you gave in the Kalahari desert is an extreme one, but your choice of it reflects a mentality I simply cannot understand.

No it is not! Nowdays, you see these "enviorenmentalists" with their freaking spacious apartments, electric cars and organic promoters preaching to the less fortunate people about the Enviorenment. What a joke!

You think you, as an individual, are more important than an entire species of animals? HAH! Please go say that to a geel-jire when the camel is gonna be on its way to extinction.

Hell Yes!! I'm as a human being more important than a species of animals. Lets stop this politically correct bullshit! If it was your or your child OR a Panda, you would choose you in a heartbeat.

Politically correct bullshit? Say wha-

First of all, I'm not going to justify myself to you. I think you know enough about me to draw your own conclusions. You know very well whom I would choose between my child and any other living thing on this planet.

But let me ask you a question myself. What do you do in life? Let's say you're a doctor and your specialty is is joints. You discover a great way to repair the knees of handicapped people who can't walk because they were born with congenital defects, and you start treating them. Meanwhile, in the same hospital, maybe on the same floor, not many rooms away, there are children dying of leukemia. You think someone is going to condemn you? You think someone is going to have the gall to come up to you and say "leave those handicapped mothaf____z alone and go look after the children with cancer because their lives are more important"? Your job is to help the handicapped walk again. There are other doctors who are oncologists, and help out the kids with cancer. Conservationsts save animals, humanitarian workers save people. Period. I don't see any "f-ed up attitude" or any problem with that.

I think the main boo-boo that's causing our disagreement is that you think one human life > an entire animal species. To me that's a repulsive opinion, but that has nothing to do with what I think of you. I respect your right to have this opinion and express it. The emotional and angry part is just me being passionate about what I believe in. My Somalinimozation has been complete for a while now smile.gif

Still, I maintain my original challenge. Go explain to a real nomad how your life is more important than the entire camel species.

Haatu   

I have figured it out. This was a way for Ngonge to get some respect from certain individuals who have been abusing him lately. Seems like that frail old body still has an active mind. :D

First of all, I'm not going to justify myself to you. I think you know enough about me to draw your own conclusions. You know very well whom I would choose between my child and any other living thing on this planet.

Fair Enough!

But let me ask you a question myself. What do you do in life? Let's say you're a doctor and your specialty is is joints. You discover a great way to repair the knees of handicapped people who can't walk because they were born with congenital defects, and you start treating them. Meanwhile, in the same hospital, maybe on the same floor, not many rooms away, there are children dying of leukemia. You think someone is going to condemn you? You think someone is going to have the gall to come up to you and say "leave those handicapped mothaf____z alone and go look after the children with cancer because their lives are more important"? Your job is to help the handicapped walk again. There are other doctors who are oncologists, and help out the kids with cancer. Conservationsts save animals, humanitarian workers save people. Period. I don't see any "f-ed up attitude" or any problem with that.

Alright. But your anology is flawed as you're talking about human babies, which I wouldnt favor one over the other. AND I'm taking about a human baby v.s pollar bear baby. OK? I have a bone to pick with the so called "Enviorenmentalists" which seems to the be rage nowdays with all their electric powered cars and "Go Green" movement. They seem to have went the ways of the Fat Acceptance movment which if you dont know went from "lets accept every size" to "If you aint fat you hate yourself." In the ways of "Enviorenmentalist" the message went from applaudable "lets save planet earth to save ourselves" to " Your life is not worth more than that of an ANT since you're both from 'Mother Earth's womb"!

I think the main boo-boo that's causing our disagreement is that you think one human life > an entire animal species. To me that's a repulsive opinion, but that has nothing to do with what I think of you.

Repulsive maybe to you but to me thats where I stand. One human life weighs more than all Mice species.

I respect your right to have this opinion and express it. The emotional and angry part is just me being passionate about what I believe in. My Somalinimozation has been complete for a while now

I wouldnt have it any other way. I, too, respect your stance and appreciate your stubborness as you're more Somali than Romanian at this rate.

icon_razz.gif

Neumann   

I just posed the question to a friend of mine over here who went to great lengths in saving the Amazonian manatee and his reply was along the lines of humans are already (almost) 7 billion anyway. What do you think? :D

Cara.   

C&H (not to get in between you and Sherban's catfight icon_razz.gif ), but in all fairness conservation biologists have done far more for Rwanda than you have. Long ago they recognized that the best way to preserve a natural habitat is to help the people it belongs to realize what a rich resource they have (google "Community-Based Conservation"). Entire industries exist in Rwanda that revolve around its national parks, industries that are run by Rwandans and for Rwandans.

And why is it scandalous if someone finds preserving a species more important than any individual human life? How many luxuries do we engage in every day (buying a latte, eating out, going to see a movie, paying for internet/cell phone) that we could forgo to preserve a poor starving African child?

Zafir   

Chocolate, now that Cara has come to Shabeel's rescue, I have come for yours. I can't stand goobashofor the life of me. :D

There is this story I read today, where a man beats up his wife, strangles their dog, and spits at the cops faces when they came to pick him up.

The court sentenced him to 7 months jail time, and animals rights group placed 10-year pet ownership prohibition?? In other words in 7 months time he can be back to beat up women, but he dare come close to dog in ten years. These people need be given a priority check. icon_razz.gif (my first time)

Cara.   

I'm just impressed that the article's title isn't "Calgary man jailed for attacking dog, nagging wife" icon_razz.gif (it's addictive, careful!)

P.S. He's got a lifetime ban on beating women...