Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

I never expected this to happen in an Islamic country: Raped Somali woman says.

Kashafa   

Rape and abuse by the authorities... sadly, a Muslim country IS the place I would expect this kind of thing to happen

^^True say. We can only fix what we can see, and we can only see what we admit to.

In their current state, The Yemenis(goverment & military) have little to do with Islamic values. They fought on the side of Ethiopia against their muslim brothers in '77. Now, they're taking advantage of helpless women.

And some nomads have the audacity of calling them 'our brothers' who share our faith and we should cover up for them because it happens all around the world.

First off, acknowledge that they('muslim' goverments & military units that engage in genocide, torture, rape, list goes on) have nothing or little to do with Islam. Second, save that tolerance and mercy to the Kafirs who took you in, clothed and fed you, and provided succor in your greatest hour of need. Engage in some Da'wah work, tell them about Islam. It's the least you could do. Thank Allah(SWT) that your flight #13 somehow landed in Copenhagen or Kansas city than Jeddah or San'aa. Oh I forgot, you had to swim through the shark-infested Red Sea to get there, your 'brothers' weren't taking in refugees, unless they happened to be oil-rich Kuwaitis. Think and contemplate.

IT is pure evil and sadness.

But then again, which one these governments rule their people under islam? though u call it islamic...

Fitnah is everywhere, it is time to run and preserve your iman if you have any left...

other wise, you will be washed by the ocean.

Dhubad.   

What surprises me more is the so-called TFG government did not say a word....! The least they could do was to condemn the Yemeni soldiers who did it.

Blessed   

Why o why do Somalis keep going to Yemen? Only last week I've read in the paper that in January 112 have died on the way to Yemen.. and this is what awaits them. Laa Ilaaha IlaLaah. Sad is an understatement. :(

ElPunto   

^^I don't know, desperation or lack of Imaan(take your pick) - but the thing is, a large percentage of these people are not Somali. I am told quite a few of our Oromo friends trek all the way to Bosaaso to get on these boats. And what a WELCOME they receive from our friends in Yemen redface.gif

Sad, very sad indeed! For those of you who blame Somalia and the Somlais, keep your lamenting onto yourselves, you are good for nothing! I say shut your mouths and get out of this community if you host such self hate... What we need is not problems, finger pointing and irrelevant blames but some actions good ideas and ideal solutions..

Solutions please, If you have it and can do something for this community better start doing than demoralising, discouraging, merely escalationg the problem, causing more damage than restoring hope..

Great minds have great ideas, lets not analyse events and talk about what happened but invent ways in which clocks can be turned around.

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

If all that is posted about Muslims and Muslim nations is UGLINESS, day after day, month after month, year after year....then how in the world can you FIND BEAUTY in ISLAM? :confused:

Check this ugliness out, right out of this article:

The soldiers kicked and trod on pregnant women, children and old men who could not move. They also put women and their babies before water hoses and poured cold water on them.

And this:

The woman continued: “I fell down and the soldiers dragged me to a nearby building under construction. Several of them began raping me brutally. Some tread on my hands with their heavy leather boots, another pulled my hair, while others raped me.

Aan u ceeb-qarino our fellow Muslim Yemeni soldiers. Is that it Khayr? We can protest the bloody Danes but we should cover for these brutal b@stards. Of course, they're our brothers in Islam. Their ugliness should not be reported as it might take away from the beauty of Islam. You're a millimeter away from sounding as asinine as Yonis Qutb.
It happens Castro can be thick sometimes..We are not hiding anything for them..I mean the ones who call themselves Islamic countries or percieved as one..What we are saying is that RAPE is universal and can be done anywhere.Islamic or non-islamic country.But why should someone Drag ISLAM under this Rape thread.

Why didn't the thread owner write

"Rape of Somalis in Yemen" instead of involving ISLAM..

We abhor all...Rape and Cartoons together. smile.gif