Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

SOL Analysis - Independent

N.O.R.F   

A google search for SOL springs up a few surprises now and then,,,not sure if this has already been posted/discussed.

Unfortunately, first generation Diaspora Somalis may have already lost much of the language, or blended it with other languages in their respective new countries. A recent observation of Somaliaonline.com, a popular blog for young, Diaspora-schooled, urbane Somalis around the world indicates a peculiar mix of Somali and English, already termed “Somenglish” by one blogger. A benign discussion about “Somenglish” leads to one of the members to exemplify “Waryaa yesterday ayaan ku soo wacay, and, you didn’t call me back. Maxaa qabanee tomorrow?” This member was quickly rebuked by another who disqualified that statement from “Somenglish”, only to introduce his ideal one: “That’s not Somenglish sxbow. You want inaa ku speakgareysid Somenglish? Waa inaad isku mix gareysaa, haddii kale it becomes sentence-yaal la is daba dhigay.” Ironically, all seem to be enjoying this discussion. (8)

Where is this thread and who were they talking about? I can think of a few nomads who would be involved in the above discussion(s) :D

source

Ibtisam   

Yeah i found that as well a while back and lool i was wondering who said this

That’s not Somenglish sxbow. You want inaa ku speakgareysid Somenglish? Waa inaad isku mix gareysaa, haddii kale it becomes sentence-yaal la is daba dhigay.” Ironically, all seem to be enjoying this discussion.

N.O.R.F   

So it was Mr Farax Brown with the 'SomEnglish' twang.

I speak luuqal Somali-Engriisi-Carabi hada!

And i shake my head like an Indian :confused:

UK_ROSE   

its even worse when you speak SomEngArabic,

its really sad that we've lost our beautiful somali language.

inshallah i'll go to somalia and take a 6months course both speaking and writing.