Sign in to follow this  
Seeking Paradise

Is there such a thing as HALAL DATING? If so, what is it?

^^you off all the people should know the answers to that....I thought that was your field of expertise

you need my advice? .....just follow the Somali tradition and let ur parents choose your wife/husband.....

naah that aint my advice....my advice is....let me get back to u on this 1

dawoco   

Are u guys tellin me u never heard of halaal dating :eek: ileen sol is full of damiinyaal :rolleyes:

HALAAL DATING a dating session consistant of the guy the girl and both their respective mothers. If the date doesn't work out, both reputations are upheld by the mothers and there is an amicable farewell. f the guy and girl do hit it off, a second date is arranged chaperoned by eedoyaal, than a third by married cousins and this trend continues untill the guy and girl are engaged and can go off alone on dates ;)

Im jst joking ppl, so dnt all attack at once icon_razz.gif

Halal Dating says it all: NO kissing..holding hands..staring dreamily at each others eyes, whispering sweet nothings in each others ears, etc. Means you are chaperoned around.

But then again...that wont be called dating, now would it? :confused: icon_razz.gif

Velvelt: :eek: Boring? Then your with the wrong person. :D;)

Originally posted by - Nifty -:

quote:
Seriously, what is Halal Dating???

It's when you say
Bismilah
before dating and
Alxamdulilah
when you finish
:D:D
Hahahahahaha...You made me Laugh.....Thanks for that... Still laughin...

Nifty...Ducaa kugu dhacday!!!

juba   

i guess i knew what it was after all but not by the name "hala dating" but really it sounds more akward and embarrassing then boring! being with ur possible husband with your mothers right there hearing everything! :eek:

Wiilo   

Seriously what is Halal dating?

If Halaal dating is that one Dawaco & FF discribed then it sounds good to me, i wouldn't mind my mom and Eedo checking the guy for me na'mean :D

Nabad & Caano:.............

STOIC   

If only people can be honest to themselves! May be somewhere sometime we all have dated someone whether out of romantic intrest or brotherly love if only we can admit it!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool@ Nifty....That was funny!!!

Are you guys kidding me!!! That is embarrassing!! I can't shukaansi a guy infront of my mother let alone my Eedo! I think Halal Dating could be something like my dad hangs out with the guy, then tell me what he thinks. Then, I send my brother because I'm thinking he's cooler and report on it too. Now that makes it TOTALLY halal.

OG_Girl   

Maybe only "maybe"means as some people do in my culture to make engagement(Nikaah) then they can get to know each other! Go out together but with condition which is only to go to public places like Movies , restaurants..etc. So if she doesn't like him nothing I mean no demage could happen to her and leave him and give it back his dowry and every one is happy.

Salam