Suldaanka

Puntland Minister Bay Bakool MP "Please speak proper Somali..."

I have been there very green very fertile but very bantush and nilotic galla type of folks. If you like girls with out candhosaab it's your kinda town. I am from aware gaashamo hargeysa hararghe hartesheikha. Buuraha golis na tolkey uunbadegen. Geedeebla hoosteeda goljanu dusheeda ayanu degna awoow.

galbeedi   

I do not think that this guy is even speaking a real Maay. He is probably some of those Somalis from the diaspora or former resident of Bay who lost the language long time ago and trying to practice now.

It was 95% Maxaad Tidhi and few Maay words. 

If Maay is just like that then it could disappear in a few years intermingling and trading with other regions.

Look at these lyrics. It is difficult to understand unless you are a Maay speaker.

These are the real Maay. 

https://youtu.be/ukV91Wuz1_w

galbeedi   

Here is some of his questions.

"Dadka oo dagaalaha Gacanta Ku hay oo" This is not Maay . 

I do not speak Maay, yet I totally understood the question that guy was asking.

I am not sure our own MMA could speak really well.

Galbeedi, Afmaay is as diverse as Afmaxaa. Have you ever heard a Reer Afgooye person speak? They speak the easiest and most diluted Afmaay. There are huge dialectical differences. There is Dooyoow afmaay, spoken in Jubooyinka and those deegaano close to it, sida Qansaxdheere and Diinsoor. Then there is the interior ones. Then the Bakool variation.

The closer Afmaay gets close to Afmaxaa area, the diluted it becomes. It is vice versa as well, the close Afmaxaa gets close to Afmaay deegaan, the diluted Afmaxaa becomes. That is why Afmaay is understood easiest by Afxaayoow speakers iyo those who speak Banaadiri. A lot of interchangeable between those lahjado.

It is also why Afgooye is called af gooye, it is the historical border between Afmaay and Afmaxaa, waa meeshee iskugu imaadaan and ku kala baxaan. It is still to this day.

Of course, Afmaay waa aqaanaa, in kastoo Ciyaal Xamar iska ahaa and not as good as my my old man, Eebbe ha u raxmadee. He always spoke Afmaay 100%. I had never ever heard him speaking any other than Afmaay, whether the guest was Maxamed Abshir Mataan, Cali Mahdi or some random neighbour, Afmaay ayuu kula hadli jiray. They were forced to understand, unlike ciyaalkaan maanta qashinka ku koray, including kuwa wasiiro dowla sheeganaayo. Also baarlamaankii lixdamaadkii Afmaay ayaa lagu hadli jiray, those farodheer who needed turjumaan would get one.

galbeedi   

Waan ku fahmay. 

Markaa , the Original Maay waxa looga hadlaa Bay iyo nawaaxigeeda. I was in Wanlaweyn during my national service and the surrounding communities spoke a perfect original Maay. Arrireey may  Fadaase? 

In AFgooye an old man who had a restaurant there used to say  "Minkoo  Dhallalabo Nimaa Dhoobo uGu jirow " which was easy to understand . Qofkii dhalaalayaba midbaa dhoobada uGu Jira" Which means to shine someone must do the hard work.

As you said the original Maay could stand alone without mixing of the slang by the diaspora.

15 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I wonder if you will be bold with your insults in front someone from that region.

Oh, Che. You really dignify this sewage-dweller who lives for the tiniest crumbles of responses from the decent members.

The sewage-dweller ironically names Diinsoor, whose own name is 'diin' and 'soor,' meaning where religion is welcomed and honoured. But muxuu ka yaqaanaa waxaas the sewage-dweller, who lagu soo koriyey 'diintaada was' iyo 'nabiga iyo aabahaa...,' words which cannot be repeated on here. Regularly insulting both diinteena suuban iyo nabigeena (NNKH). The sewage-dweller who confusingly claims to be the product of the illegitimate offspring between cohabitation between an unknown Carab iyo islaan Xabashi ah. They would be the last to speak about others' Soomaalinimo.

This same sewage-dweller historically worshiped and fought for anything gaal, be it gaalkii caddaa ee Ingiriiska ama gaalkii madoowaa ee Xabashida. To this very day still worshiping and fighting for them.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

6 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Waan ku fahmay. 

Markaa , the Original Maay waxa looga hadlaa Bay iyo nawaaxigeeda. I was in Wanlaweyn during my national service and the surrounding communities spoke a perfect original Maay. Arrireey may  Fadaase? 

In AFgooye an old man who had a restaurant there used to say  "Minkoo  Dhallalabo Nimaa Dhoobo uGu jirow " which was easy to understand . Qofkii dhalaalayaba midbaa dhoobada uGu Jira" Which means to shine someone must do the hard work.

As you said the original Maay could stand alone without mixing of the slang by the diaspora.

Haa, oraahdaan ninka Afgooye is just another classic Reer Afgooye Afmaay. In other interior regions, it would have been lankii dhalaalaba, lan kalaa dhoobo inka jara.

galbeedi   

As someone who spent a whole year in Wanlaweyn and surrounding regions, I can attest that the South West people are the finest Somalis in terms of hospitality and welcoming others. 

By the way, MMA , you should keep  the legacy of your dad and aim high in the future of Somalia. Certainly you have the wisdom and the character to contribute to the future.

cadnaan1   

I have noticed my last few visits to xamar that af maay speaker are becoming more aggressive and forcing people to understand af maay.

I was my brother business place in Bakaaraha and all the maay speaker customer will speak to you only in af maay and if u tell them u don't understand that will piss them off and they will just walk off not buying anything from you.

• Like 1

cadnaan1   
6 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I do not think that this guy is even speaking a real Maay. He is probably some of those Somalis from the diaspora or former resident of Bay who lost the language long time ago and trying to practice now.

It was 95% Maxaad Tidhi and few Maay words. 

If Maay is just like that then it could disappear in a few years intermingling and trading with other regions.

Look at these lyrics. It is difficult to understand unless you are a Maay speaker.

These are the real Maay. 

https://youtu.be/ukV91Wuz1_w

This is the best Somali song ever made and I think afmaay is more richer than maxaa tiri.

Af maxaa tiri waxaa Ku badan foreign words borrowed from Arabic, English, Italian.