Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Did You know(*)(*)

Another reminder to my people,to show you all

how lucky you really are,and remind you of life

today and tommorow.

So, here are somethings for youa ll to ponder on..

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep .. you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness . . you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a a friday prayer without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ..you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married .. you are very rare.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder.. you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that..someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Makes you feel special, doesn't it?

Write back.

NoVa   

Instinc that's so true of what u say' there'..just had me wonder' u know..thnxs 4 reminding me'...walaahi'..there r things we take life for granted...some of us forget for the bless of just having a shelter, food and just being healthy. While some ppl never get the chance to have them daily....

dat's a beautiful piece right there...thnxs' 4 sharing with us....there are lil'things in life' we never tend to be Thankfull for the Lord'....

Ariadne   

I know I sound like a sentimental drunkard but that was ....I mean....

ah what the.... thanks for the reminder. It really does make you think twice about all of the complaining(we as humans are prone to) when your better off then millions of people.

Iffah   

InstinctPoet...Thank you smile.gif

Alhamdulillah....Alhamdulillah...Alhamdulillah...That's what I was saying as I read each line.

Rahima   

Alxamdullilah, walaahi sometimes we don't realise how blessed we really are.

Jazaakum Allahu Khayr brother.

That was inspirational..

Now,For some comical "WONDERS".

O.k

Did you know It is impossible to lick your elbow. :eek:

A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.

A shrimp's heart is in their head.

People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a mili-second.

In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so - apart from Bones.

It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

On average, a human being will have sex more than 3,000 times and spend two weeks kissing in their lifetime.,Actually 10,000 times for somalis 1hour

kissing in their life time.YipEz..

More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.

Rats and horses can't vomit.

The "sixth sick sheikh's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

No human being can sneeze with their eyes open and if you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.

If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

If you keep your eyes open by force, they can pop out.

Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

Most lipstick contains fish scales.

Cat's urine glows under a black-light.

Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different

Over 75% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.....

(this one caught me...lol)

Hey, Benovelent,I bet a freind at work to lick his Elbow, he got it.Damn, Some talent.Well yeah

is too bad some guys arent like

shrimps.Function & be emotional at the same time.

That wouldn't work out too great...

Ibtisaam   

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

uuuuuuffff r u serious... I don't know about some ppl but my mouth is closed while sleeping... well so I’ve been told at least. So how does that occur??? weird :rolleyes: