Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Buulo folk dance

What a folk, traditional dance this is!

There is something majestic about this dance. Lugaha, cagaha iyo garbaha sida loogu ciyaaraayo.

This folk dance waxaa la yiraahdaa Buulo, though it has another name aanan xasuusan. Waxaa laga ciyaaraa gobollada Koonfur Galbeedka Soomaaliya, sida Baay, Gedo, Shabeelladda Hoose, Bakool iyo Jubbadda Dhexe.

I had never seen qof garabka ka 'niikinaayo' as that lady does. I knew a family friend who used to dance like them, but not garab ka niikis, only lugaha ka ciyaari jirtay, especially markee maqasho Xasan Eedan Samatar's song of "weeraroow dooyoow waniini."

The men look like the old traditional members from the Waaberi group.

bth-44.jpg

NB - The "king" iyo "queen" ayaa i dilay meesha fadhiyo. :D

It’s beautiful, absolutely amazing, the men were kind hilarious thou with their moves.

Thanks, what is the dance called? I liked the way the women moved with their legs...how did they do that :confused:

One of its names is buulo [the name it is known in Shabeelladda Hoose], which is the title. Magacyo kale ayaa loogu wacaa, which currently aanan xasuusan.

Yes, their feet dancing resembles that American tap dancing which was the last couple decades popularized by the late Gregory Hines.

200px-Gregoryhinestap.jpg

I dislike bulo, its the most pathetic somali dance I ever had the chance to dance to, must admit laakin I very much liked the drum beat then the dance. I was first introduced to it by couple of freinds. They were every keen on the dance unlike myself.

Nothing compares to Dhaanto and sharah ops and did I not mention buraanbur. :D

nuune   

Ciyaartan magaceeda ayaa iga maqan, ayadoo la ciyaarayo ayaan daawadey bari aan ahaa kurey gibin ah, meeshaan ku daawadeyna waxey aheyd meel u dhaxeyso Hiilweyne(Carrafaag) iyo Caliyaale oo bannaan ah, ciyaartanna waxey yara shabbahdaa ciyaarta kale ee ah caweeska ay yiraahdaan balse magac kale ayey leedahay.

buunka uu ninka yeersiinaayo iyo lugaha(lawyaha) laga ciyaarayaba wey laheed middaan anigu daawadey.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

One of its names is buulo [the name it is known in Shabeelladda Hoose], which is the title. Magacyo kale ayaa loogu wacaa, which currently aanan xasuusan.

Yes, their feet dancing resembles that American tap dancing which was the last couple decades popularized by the late Gregory Hines.

200px-Gregoryhinestap.jpg

LOL i always wondered why the audience on the background clapped in that tv-show with the two gays and 1 girl everytime he tapdanced, now i know :D

Som@li   

Runtii aad baan uga helay ciyaartan, aad bay u qurux badan tahay, waana markii igu horaysay aan arko, Could someone give us more details?