Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Charges filed in woman's beating

Jacpher   

Police say estranged boyfriend admitted attacking, cutting her

BY SHANNON PRATHER

Pioneer Press

Ramsey County Sheriff booking photo Afif Abdiaziz Ahmed

A man is in jail after he admitted to St. Paul police that he sexually assaulted his estranged girlfriend, beating her unconscious and then cutting her face and genitals so "she would never mess with another man again."

When police discovered the victim early Tuesday morning at an apartment at 1247 St. Anthony Ave., an officer reported: "Her head had so many lacerations and so much blood on it, her face was hard to identify as a human head. Her facial features on her face could not be distinguished."

Police discovered the couple's 5-month-old child in the room with the unconscious woman.

On Wednesday, Ramsey County prosecutors charged Afif Abdiaziz Ahmed, 26, with nine felony counts, including first- and second-degree criminal sexual conduct, burglary, and first- and second-degree assault.

Ahmed's cousin called 911 to anonymously report the attack. Police discovered the scene about 3 a.m. Tuesday at Skyline Towers. The victim, whose identity was withheld by authorities, was naked from the waist down. A bloodied knife and white pole lay next to her.

Police used surveillance video and security staff to identify Ahmed, who had been forbidden from entering the building because of a trespass notice. Police then located Ahmed in a car driving through the parking lot as paramedics carried the victim out of the apartment. Ahmed, who police said initially lied about his identity, had blood on his shirt and hands. He was carrying $520 and the victim's Social Security card.

Ahmed, through a Somali interpreter, told investigators he knocked his girlfriend unconscious after an argument, according to the criminal complaint filed in Ramsey County District Court. He told police he used his fists, feet and a metal broom handle during the attack, later using a knife to cut her face and genitals. After the woman was unconscious and lying in a pool of blood, Ahmed said, he stepped over her body so he could feed and bathe their crying infant.

Ahmed admitting trying to wipe the blood off his shoes, police said. Unsuccessful, he told police, he changed shoes, leaving the bloodied ones at the apartment.

A doctor at Regions Hospital told police the victim would survive but would likely lose her right eye and could suffer brain damage and substantial scarring.

Ahmed will make his first court appearance today.

Shannon Prather can be reached at sprather@pioneerpress.com or 651-228-5452.

Pioneer Press: Photo

My prayers to the victim.May Allah bring her out of this better and stronger.

n Maybe he get wat's coming to him. I hope they beat and cut him up in the Pen. Xayawaan

Tahliil   

Ilaah baan ka magan galnay such horrible things

I wonder thou...the report says the victim was his girlfriend and it also said that "Police discovered the couple's 5-month-old child in the room with the unconscious woman." What's going on? Married once and divorced? Have child throu the relationship without marriage? Or have probably had traditional marriage not recognized by the State?

A horribl act thou...Ilaahayow naga badbaadi such...Sadaqo labaxo, wax aan dheer nahay ninkaas ma jirto, it could be any one of us...waa xikmad ilaahay, ee ilahayaga aan isaga booskiisa maanta nagelin ku mahad naqa... "It's a lesson for those who think" why him and not us?

^Your saying Allah is responsible for this man's despicable actions? :confused:

I hope she gets better and gets justice.

A man is in jail after he admitted to St. Paul police that he sexually assaulted his estranged girlfriend, beating her unconscious and then cutting her face and genitals so "she would never mess with another man again."

Only they and Allah know the whole story - but it doesn't get this far without some serious signs along the way. I hope its a lesson or wake up call to other women who stay in relationships because they 'love' him or it's scary to start a new life alone or that he would change. I have a hard time believing this is a man who snapped - to get to the point of mutilating someone's genitals & face...that is some pent up rage & jealousy. Illahaow dadkaas oo kale naga qabo. Ameen.

wax aan dheer nahay ninkaas ma jirto, it could be any one of us.

You really think? I don't think I want to live with the fear of being mutilated by the men around me.

That has to be one of the most atrocious things I have read in a while. Walaahi there are far too many mentally unstable people walking around like normal; bombs about to go off at any time.

Tahliil: 3/4 of Somali marriages are not registered, which makes for some confusion when it comes to legal statuses. I also doubt very much if every man [and woman to be PC] is a potential psychopath with hidden talents in the art of mutilation. :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

wax aan dheer nahay ninkaas ma jirto, it could be any one of us.

You really think? I don't think I want to live with the fear of being mutilated by the men around me. [/QB]

:D I think the men around will only pull your hair, very hard. I would congratulate them on such an act.

Another terrible incident.Humans are humans, there are those that are capable of such actions and there are those that aren't.Somali or not, It has nothing to do with racial diffrences just how stable can ones mental status be.Prayers to the sister and her infant that all things get better, And that this monster stays caged away, else where may it be guantanamo bay.

Shakti   

now this is 2 sad 2 read.. i cant believe our ppl r capable of such barbaric act ..

my prayers are with the victim and her little child :(

Katrina   

A Somali mother and wife of an abusive somali man received her last act of violence from her husband the night he inflicted brain damage. She never woke up and has been a vegetable in a hospital for the last 8 years. Did he receive any punishment? No, he remarried instead.

Folks get real, Somalis are no better, smarter or kinder than the average human being. We have the good, bad and ugle amongst us. This absurb and misplaced somali pride will only lead to a'deer in the head light' attitude.

king_450   

This is really pathetic how low can we get . But what amazes me most as some of you already mentioned is this ,how come a GF and BF conceive a baby? that is sin or perhaps this is a common act in St paul or for that matter MN. I am also aware by now that even those who are married allegedly tell the authority they either seperated or divorced inorder to get more income,if that is the case we will see more of this violence cz women are putting this situation to themself ,if your man is telling you to lie don't do it tell him be gone for good. Well i am not heartless my prayer goes to this lady and i hope she will never return to this man or such men again.

Modesty   

subhan'Allah, that is the saddest thing, may Allah grant her recovery. The man looks like a moryaan devil, he looks pure evil. I hope he gets locked up in a hole,so he doesn't hurt any more women.