Sign in to follow this  
grasshopper

I don't drive...and that's OK with me

Adna   

salaam, i drive and i hate the price of insurence, the gas and the Parking you have to pay, for school work, and perhabs every where you go, except if you wanna walk two blocks,, not me thanks. Who said Gass is cheeper i just bought a glon for $ 2.95,, Not cheep if you ask me.. i don't kow where in North america gas is cheeper, but i would defenetely consider moving ;)

thanks ya'all

ElPunto   

^Get thee to Europe - $7 to $9 a gallon if not higher. Americans are such whiners. :D

Cadaan - how could you forget Montreal's metro? Better than Toronto's though not as extensive.

Baluug   

Adna-Here in Alberta is where all the freaking gas comes from, and we pay more than $4 a gallon, so be happy with your $2.95.

ThePoint-Yeah, I forgot about Montreal. But what about the rest of Canada, that's it, isn't it? I don't think Vancouver has a subway.

Pujah   

One can certainly survive without a car in Chicago but old habits die hard. I have yet to set foot in one of the trains :D I guess I should think about joining the public transit mass since parking in the city can get very expensive and my insurance was just raised for speeding ticket I had in another city.

Baluug   

^Yeah, but it's all above-ground, isn't it? That's what I'm talking about. Because Calgary has the C-Train and Edmonton has the.......E-train....or whatever the hell its called, but they're above ground, but I'm talking about subways.

I think the ability and the know how to drive gives a person an independence that is great...Now a days things are expensive to certain extend, but I can't think of not being able to drive anywhere whenever I want to...My sister on the other hand doesn't drive and I don't find anything wrong with it...It's just whatever a person feels is right for them...But a person should understand there is a great difference between not "wanting" to drive and not "able" to drive...bee bye

Originally posted by SCORPION_SISTA:

It's just whatever a person feels is right for them...

that's exactly it! I can't picture myself in a car..way back when I was taking lessons, the steerig wheel felt so weird in my hands.

Now a scooter I have no issue with :D if the streets in TO were better designed for scooters/motorcycles... :D

Baluug   

^ That's in Aussieland? I guess I lied, seeing as the gas here in Calgary is 99.9 cents/litre, so that would be 3.785x0.999=$3.78/gallon. Still expensive compared to US prices, that's all due to increased taxes.