Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Norway: Is welfare system destroying Somali families?

Oz   

LayzieG lol, you had to come out of your cave when your so called role models are being attacked.

Well let me tell you something, SHE'S A BLOODY EVIL PERSON AND A WHISTLE BLOWER. She's not helping the community by addressing the issue to the community rather shame them and abuse them.

Couple years back, A married somali woman went to the somali sheikh's in norway with a case. Basically she said her husband refused her to register their marriage because they would get less money from the government.

Oz   

The husband was told 'DO THE RIGHT THING' otherwise you being thrown away. she won the case, the dude did the right thing.

ozzy, what is this business about " hoos hoos ugu sheeg"....

been(lie is lie) inta aad sheegto, soo xaraan maaha@OZ?

Haddii qof muslim uu yahay, oo honest yahay, why would that person deceive the system for few measly dollars? Why would a muslim lie and cheat about who they are in the name of begging?

The reason why social service exists in the first place is to strengthen the social and economic well being of groups who are incapacitated for health reasons, elderly to help make ends meet, the disabled(worker compensation with low income), low income families etc..... social service is not a way of life for those people that do not follow under the group categories listed above, so why do people like yourself, who probably work for a living have the need to defend leechers over and over again? Do you fancy yourself to be some sort of a messiah for the leechers?

As for the Ayan hirsi crowd, if you have problem with their methods, is one thing but to criticize just for the sake of criticism is just a waste of your time.

It makes no sense eedo, these leechers are not muslims, they are not humans, they ARE VAMPIRES AND HOOS HOOS WAX UGU SHEEG AA SHEEGTE, KOR KOR WAX UGU SHEEG MA ISTAAHILAAN...however, what they deserve is nothing short of death ....they should die for their sins.

PS: only person oo wax hoos hoos loogu sheegaayo waa NUUNE

PSS: I dont understand how the above example given by you is relevant to this discussion? A woman reported her husband for being a leecher and somehow thats news? Why is that so wrong? He wants to milk the system and she said NO WAY JOSE

Oz   

Haha, why Nuune only gets that privilege over everyone else.

No one is denying that it is am issue.

Be back later, off to taraweeh.

She once called for re-translation of the Quran. Verses regarding women rights, in particular. As today's translation ( read; Quran) is dated. I remember, after this, she sought police protection claiming her life was in danger after she was assaulted by some somali teenagers. She was taken to an unknown address where she still lives. It became clear, at later stage, that the attack took place in a night club and was all about shukaansi and the sort. My point being that; she's heading towards Ayaan Hirsi's cage.

But the issues she raised in this article regarding welfare fraud are of genuine concern. And she's damn right! Benefit fraud is of huge concern in our community. Many children are literally *******s as they're born outside wedlock. I endorse her method of approach too. These people should be confronted in all possible ways or else our community is deemed doomed.

Maistiri wadaad iskusheegaa ubadan arimahaan. One wife in scandanavia, one in the UK, one in Holland etc all "divorced" but still poppin out kids every now and then, while he's on holiday in Nairobi enjoyin his share of the welfare.

Neumann   

Originally posted by Oz:

She's not helping the community by addressing the issue to the community rather shame them and abuse them.

What's with this phobia of misplaced shame that Somalis appear to suffer with? Cheating the welfare system is itself a greater shame than it becoming known. People should feel more ashamed about the fact that this weird practice is widespread than the authorities' discovery of it by some means or another. Plus, there's no moral obligation for anyone not to tell the authorities about this practice. In fact, it wouldn't have been at all ideal if all those who were aware of this practice remained quite about it. On that grounds, the young lady should be applauded and not condemned at all.

Neumann   

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

...And I very much doubt that he knows freemasonry beyond what he googled just before he posted the rubbish above...

Very well said, but take it easy on the boy. :D

Time can never mend

the careless whispers of a good friend

to the heart and mind

ignorance is kind

there's no comfort in the truth

pain is all you'll find

Polanyi   

Originally posted by Neumann:

quote:Originally posted by Polanyi:

Khadra Yusuf is a typical freemason, racist, self hatin troll who is being used to incite the authorities against her own people.

Freemason? That's an odd choice of word. In as much as I agree that this paints an unfavourable picture of the Somali community in Norway and elsewhere, I can neither think of moral nor legal justification for cheating the welfare system. On that grounds, I can't help but think that her act could be for the betterment of the Somali society.
I disagree. Look, most SOmalis in those countries who are allegedly cheating the system do not speak the native language of those countries-let alone read english articles. So how is her act going to "better" Somali society? People cheat the system, not because they belong to a particular ethnic group, but because they are audacious enough to think that they can get away with it, and they do in many cases.

I agree with some of the concerns of this Kadra Yusuf about fraud among Somalis. But after doing some research it seems that she is one of those people looking to make a name for herself. I wouldn't say she is a freemason, she aint that level, to me she seems like a minion more than anything else.

@neumann the atheist, don't you know that all the cool kids pray five times a day? ;)