Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Taxes! Uncle sam screwing my nuts

bilan   

^^^ not true, it depends your income, i do not know why people complain about taxes, i'd rather pay more tax and not worry about healthcare cost.

The Zack   

^what is true is the more children u take care of the more tax breaks u get, agreed?

On ur other note, how about paying more taxes and paying more for health care? That is what's hapenning to the wealthy people. I am gonna move to Iceland.

Unsigned   

Originally posted by rudy-Diiriye:

Well, i have been doing my own consultings since 2008 and havent filed any taxes since then.

Self employed and you're complaing about paying $10K for two years? Man you got off lightly. I remember paying almost £800 (an average of £9K a year) in tax each month and I wasn't even self employed. Best thing to do is to put aside about 15% of your monthly earning in savings, that way when it comes to tax year you're semi-prepared.

The richer Americans don't pay whole lot of tax (percenatage wise.) It's all about the tax bracket what category you fall into. Middle/working class Americans pay the most taxes. By they way, having children only help when you are stinky poor not if you are making 100k+. The best way to keep uncle Sam at bay, is to have 401k,IRA,Bond, and stock savings. Every penny you put in to retirement saving wont be touched.

The 10K Rudy is complaining must be he either under paid the payroll tax(exempt or claiming more 1 person) or he is self employed. 10k aint alot if you are making 150k+

bilan   

^^^ true, if you are middle class and married # of children will not help you, you will not get a tax break because you have children, actually you will end up paying more. You will hear people telling you that they get back 15k+ because they have children, the reason they get that money back is not because of the children, but because they are under or close to poverty line. Only in America you will see family making 150K and are still struggling, they are considered too rich to get any break.