Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

'Wadaad-ism in Somalia

Azmaya   

No one is forced to wear what they don’t want? Are you sure? Think Again.

By Bob I am amazed at the level of hypocricy amongst the Somalis as they are so quick to criticize the Islamic Courts (by far the best thing that's ever happened to Somalia for the last 50 years) yet when the warlords were killing women, children, elders and looting the wealth of the orphans, raping young teens...no one said NOTHING because they were our tribesmen!

walaalo your holy “Islamic” courts are bandits and are polluted by the same killers, rapists, and looters you speak of, indhaacde anyone? Save it walaalo, yesterday they were killers, rapists and today they are wadads, a beard and arab dress may convince you, but were sorry we are not buying it. Familiar with Crenshaw LA? Crips and bloods anyone? If the black community of Crenshaw cleans up its streets, drives out the bad guys, killers, rapists in their community and the populace has a new holy cause, does this give them the right to take over rest of peaceful LA with force? Don’t you understand this is what is happening? This is not how a civilized society works, wa suuq madow.

By Nur

Allah heard your prayer, All the madmen have been routed out of most cities, at last from Puntland, Jubbaland , Somaliland and the South we have real peace, now women are safe again, Thanks to Islamic law Sharia, rapists get the message, no tolerance to rapists like the west, and Somali women are the engine of our national development, its because of their efforts the country still ticks despite warlords, they may not drive cars because they cant afford it, but they are driving an Islamic revival by raising their kids well and sending them to Islamic schools, to teach them to become better Muslims, and their hard work for the past 16 years under anarchy has brough the fruit of Islam and the Hijab to win over moral decadence, permissive western norms and corruption.

Classic wadaadism. Raise your kids, be mothers, good obedient house wives, wear your hijabs, xishooda naya, stay in your homes please or your will bring moral decadence and corruption to society. Classic Nur and you don’t realize it.

I wonder what the honorable Shaykh Aweys and the honorable Shaykh Sharif think a womans place in society ought to be? And how many young wives these holy warriors take pleasure in, hmmm I wonder, care to tell us Nur? smile.gif

Kashafa   

^ Would you volunteer to be a hot young wifey for one of these holy warriors, bonita ? smile.gif It all falls in line with the doomsday picture you're painting. Shaydaanka iska naar. State your objections to the ICU without resorting to lurid accusations.

Azmaya   

ICU wa the same USC duugaag, infested by killers, rapists, looters who are now "reborn as shaykahs" enough accustations huuno? this bonita she is going to be the wife of a man who has no blood on his hands. smile.gif

Khayr   

Originally posted by Azmaya:

walaalo your holy “Islamic” courts are bandits and are polluted by the same killers, rapists, and looters you speak of, indhaacde anyone? Save it walaalo, yesterday they were killers, rapists and today they are wadads, a beard and arab dress may convince you, but were sorry we are not buying it. Familiar with Crenshaw LA? Crips and bloods anyone? If the black community of Crenshaw cleans up its streets, drives out the bad guys, killers, rapists in their community and the populace has a new holy cause, does this give them the right to take over rest of peaceful LA with force? Don’t you understand this is what is happening? This is not how a civilized society works, wa suuq madow.

I recall long ago how a one man transformed his community into nobleman. For some of us, our lineage comes from that community and our deen comes from that Man-Muhammed (sallahu caliyhe wasilm).

People can redeem themselves and it is proven over history that the Worst in Jahilliyah make the BEST MEN in Religion. The Sahaba are the Par-example of that transformation.

Jacpher   

Originally posted by
Modesty:

Women can't dress the way they want in Somalia, they can't drive. Even though there is no law like Saudi Arabia that says they can't drive, it is the silent norm. Women are the ones who have been making progress in the country with their contributions to the economy, yet they never even get to be in the political progress. Even in America, Somalis are very 'wadaadized', although most are cultural muslims, there is this silent tone that says you can't leave the norm. I don't have a problem with wadaads, but I have a problem when people hinder the rights of others in the name of "wadaadism."

Maandheey, unless Saxiifa & Somalia got mixed up somewhere in your head, Somalia is a country without government, law or order. If my memory is dependable, no where in Somalia a women was denied the right to own a car or drive or forced to dress a certain way. Under the rule of Max'ed Dheere, Jowhar was the city where women were denied to dress the way they wanted and forced to dress according to the administrations satisfactory.

I don’t understand what you mean by “cultural muslims”? It sounds so insulting to write Somalis are culturally Muslims. It somehow implies Somalis are not really Muslims but only in culture, not in principal or believe. I don't know if you were speaking on behalf of your origin, Puntland, but I think Somalis of all regions are Muslims in culture and believe. I don’t want to judge your hantaatac but come back and tell us what you meant.

Modesty   

Cambarro, I know this because I been to somalia, and even though most people there will tell you it's not true, it's a "ceeb" for women to drive. LOL.Wow, I guess they think women can't drive well or something.

Nur, I am not anti-Sharia, I support sharia 110%, and if the Islamic Courts in Mogadishu are going to give women freedom and not oppress them, alhamdulilah that is what sharia is, Islam came here to free us from darkness, and insha'Allah I hope that is what happens. I hope Somalia becomes a beacon of hope for the Islamic world. Insha'Allah.

Modesty   

Jimcaale, I don't like to say i'm from "puntland" or "somaliland" for all I'm concerned with Somaliland is my country, Puntland is my country, ****** is my country, Kismaayo is my country...Somalia is my country. When I say "cultural muslims" I mean people that mix culture and Islam up, and we do that, don't deny it.I am making a general statement, not individual basis. We just stopped fircooni style circumsion of females because alot of people thought it was "wajib" in Islam.

Jacpher   

lol@wajib. You mean their life survival was wajib?

Islam is different than Somali or Saudi culture. Here's a

tackling the issue of culture and Islam. Hope you'll like it.

Zafir   

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:Originally posted by Azmaya:

I recall long ago how a one man transformed his community into nobleman
. For some of us, our lineage comes from that community and our deen comes from that Man-Muhammed (sallahu caliyhe wasilm).

People can redeem themselves and it is proven over history that the Worst in Jahilliyah make the BEST MEN in Religion. The Sahaba are the Par-example of that transformation.
Interesting recall.

Nur   

Azmaya sis

you write;

Classic wadaadism. Raise your kids, be mothers, good obedient house wives, wear your hijabs, xishooda naya, stay in your homes please or your will bring moral decadence and corruption to society. Classic Nur and you don’t realize it.

I wonder what the honorable Shaykh Aweys and the honorable Shaykh Sharif think a womans place in society ought to be? And how many young wives these holy warriors take pleasure in, hmmm I wonder, care to tell us Nur?

Azamaya dear sis

Its all about our world view, what world do you see now?, from your perspective you see an ideal image of how the world should look like, the Wadaads also have their own world view, which in this case is at odds with yours, if each has his/her world, then we would not have any problem, because at the end the better world would show, however that striking contrast is not to be seen here on this ONE-PLANET, it will be in the next world, and the wadaads are bent of creating their world view that fits them while at present another picture of the world has been completed by people who do not see beyound the present world, and you seem to be biased by it (as I see it, my view).

I was sitting next to a German tourist in a flight to the far east, as we chatted, the issue of foreigners in germany and the German population crisis came up, the German tourist confided that the proplem in Germany is that women have become like men in many ways (the tourists exact words), as a result some men are looking for eastern women as mates to sense feminity, which comes as a package with kids, which European women failed to produce to their adopted masculinity, European men are alos looking to regain the status of a male head of family, which the tourist said is viewed as sexist if one speaks about a male head of family.

Its the view of the world we want to see after we die that should guide our lives in the world we live in today.

Nur

Originally posted by B0B:

quote:Originally posted by JUSTICE:

Modesty your right 100%.

Somalis tend to depict the Saudi culture, which is so backward and outdated.

Salam Aleikum W.W

There's no such thing as "Saudi culture" except sharia law and if you find the sharia law to be a backward and outdated then no need to call yourself a Muslim (assuming you are one).

Peace, Love & Unity.
Just like the pope who was "critical" of ISLAM by quoting a 12th century monk..Why does he need a quote..let him blank say ISLAM is "Rubbish"..and that is all.

Saying Somalia culture is close to Saudis..n Saudi culture is primitive..Why don't you say ..I am finding "shariah" and Islam primitive in one way or the other..

and Mod..You ain't more western than us anywayzzzz...